• 6(current)
Neon - New Features / Changes
stoli Wrote:Nightly builds are a definite requirement for the SVN version of the skin.

Since i run XBMC Live am I s.o.l. since there are no nightly builds of Live?
Just wondering what was on your roadmap for this skin?
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
rflores2323 Wrote:Just wondering what was on your roadmap for this skin?

- Better integration of the Next Aired script/tv guide
- Implementing Ronie's Watch List script
- Updated Music settings and views
- Better standardization in views. I.E., some posters have rounded corners others are square.
- Cleanup in Settings - there are some there now that do not do a thing, other that need to be added.
- Finish the live tv / pvr views.
- Other requests?
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:- Better integration of the Next Aired script/tv guide
- Better standardization in views. I.E., some posters have rounded corners others are square.
- Cleanup in Settings - there are some there now that do not do a thing, other that need to be added.
- Other requests?

Definitely +1 for the watch list script!

Thanks Stoli
- Other requests?

Can you integrate the artwork organiser script so that you can select the artwork as a slideshow background for Movies, TV Shows and Music categories?
- Other requests?

I'm using the Dharma version, but if the newer Neon version doesn't already play nice with Angelcry's Advanced Launcher and its eye-candy, then that'd be a welcome addition!

LOVE this skin. Thanks for all your work on this Stoli.
- Other requests?

Great list of future add-ons, if I had to make a wishlist it would be: (in the order of how much I want it)

- Customizable sub-menus on all main menu options. For example, I have a smart playlist for movies that have come out in the last 2 years, I would like to be able to select Genres to be able to further sort these custom playlists.
- Options to exclude one or more movies from the "Movies" or "TV Shows" section. Sometimes I add a documentary or a direct to video Kids program to my Movie library, and I dont want to see it when I am browsing my main list of movies. I would rather see those only under a smart playlist, not in the main library.
- The ability to increase the "Last Added" list to more than 25 movies. I often wait until I have a bunch of movies to add, and I do them all at once. Sometimes, movies I recently added disappear from the list before we have a chance to see them, and Id like to increase this list to a higher number.
- Adding programs directly to the main menu. I know you can go into programs from the main menu and see scripts or lists of programs you can launch on top of XBMC, but I wish there was a way I could simply add a main menu option for 'Hulu Desktop' and when I click on it, it launches Hulu Desktop.

I dont know how much of these "wishes" can be done in a skin, or require XBMC itself to implement, but hey, thats why they're called wishes!

Great work on Neon, even if you didn't change anything, it would already be awesome! Smile
constrictor Wrote:Great list of future add-ons, if I had to make a wishlist it would be: (in the order of how much I want it)

- Customizable sub-menus on all main menu options. For example, I have a smart playlist for movies that have come out in the last 2 years, I would like to be able to select Genres to be able to further sort these custom playlists.
- Options to exclude one or more movies from the "Movies" or "TV Shows" section. Sometimes I add a documentary or a direct to video Kids program to my Movie library, and I dont want to see it when I am browsing my main list of movies. I would rather see those only under a smart playlist, not in the main library.
- The ability to increase the "Last Added" list to more than 25 movies. I often wait until I have a bunch of movies to add, and I do them all at once. Sometimes, movies I recently added disappear from the list before we have a chance to see them, and Id like to increase this list to a higher number.
- Adding programs directly to the main menu. I know you can go into programs from the main menu and see scripts or lists of programs you can launch on top of XBMC, but I wish there was a way I could simply add a main menu option for 'Hulu Desktop' and when I click on it, it launches Hulu Desktop.

I dont know how much of these "wishes" can be done in a skin, or require XBMC itself to implement, but hey, thats why they're called wishes!

Great work on Neon, even if you didn't change anything, it would already be awesome! Smile

Most of these aren't possible within the skin or are already there. I.E., you can add Hulu as a favorite and then add the favorite to the main menu.
-stoli-
I just got around to trying out this great skin today and everything is pretty much working great. One thing I noticed is that new shows that aren't scheduled to start until Jan/Feb 2012 appear in the guide. I used sickbeard to add a few upcoming shows which in turn created a folder which was scanned by XBMC. My expectations would be that Monday should show what's on tonight and not what's on Monday next year.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:I just got around to trying out this great skin today and everything is pretty much working great. One thing I noticed is that new shows that aren't scheduled to start until Jan/Feb 2012 appear in the guide. I used sickbeard to add a few upcoming shows which in turn created a folder which was scanned by XBMC. My expectations would be that Monday should show what's on tonight and not what's on Monday next year.

It shows the next upcoming show to be aired; not shows that have already been aired. If you downloaded it with sickbeard, then it has already aired.

I'll be adding in support to show the next upcoming episode already in your library in the next few weeks via Ronie's Watchlist script.

On a side note - Neon 2.0 for Eden is now in the official XBMC repository. Development will continue via Github and pushed monthly/quarterly to the official Repo.

Thanks,
-stoli-
Hi folks Smile
first of all - i love this skin but i have a "little" problem:
i want the Banner View with TV-Shows - but it shows just a few "alternative" banner ! the rest of the shows have just blank banners
is there a hidden button or so where i can switch to the "standard" banners ?

i checked it with Aeon MQ3, where i can switch between standard and alternative banners. Standard= all banners ; Alternativ= just a few

Thx in advance
stoli Wrote:It shows the next upcoming show to be aired; not shows that have already been aired. If you downloaded it with sickbeard, then it has already aired.

Thanks,

Actually all I did was set up the series in Sickbeard using the add show function which creates a folder and adds the episodes to the SB database. XBMC sees the folder and adds it to it's database even though the folder is empty of episodes. I'm looking at the guide now and under Monday it lists
Alcatraz and Being Human which don't air until Jan 16 2012. My expectations would be that the guide shows only the current 7 day period. If I didn't add the show to sickbeard until a few days before it airs it would display correctly but when I see an upcoming show that looks good I add it into SB even if it's a month or two in the future.

Thanks,
Ken
80 in Florida today
Dobyken Wrote:Actually all I did was set up the series in Sickbeard using the add show function which creates a folder and adds the episodes to the SB database. XBMC sees the folder and adds it to it's database even though the folder is empty of episodes. I'm looking at the guide now and under Monday it lists
Alcatraz and Being Human which don't air until Jan 16 2012. My expectations would be that the guide shows only the current 7 day period. If I didn't add the show to sickbeard until a few days before it airs it would display correctly but when I see an upcoming show that looks good I add it into SB even if it's a month or two in the future.

Thanks,
Ken
80 in Florida today

72 in Tampa right now. Nod

Currently that's 'just how it works'. The whole tv-guide could use a rework when I have some extra time...
-stoli-
schimi2k Wrote:Hi folks Smile
first of all - i love this skin but i have a "little" problem:
i want the Banner View with TV-Shows - but it shows just a few "alternative" banner ! the rest of the shows have just blank banners
is there a hidden button or so where i can switch to the "standard" banners ?

i checked it with Aeon MQ3, where i can switch between standard and alternative banners. Standard= all banners ; Alternativ= just a few

Thx in advance

I'm not sure what you mean by Standard vs Alternative banners, but in Settings > Skin > Movies / TV there is an option to download all of the banners for your tv shows.

A screen shot may help...

Regards,
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:72 in Tampa right now. Nod

Currently that's 'just how it works'. The whole tv-guide could use a rework when I have some extra time...

Thanks for your time...and you sure are fast to respond today.

Ken
It's only 71 in Floral City..then again your way south of us.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon - New Features / Changes2