• 7(current)
Neon - New Features / Changes
Is there any chance that a logo view would be possible for movies? I had a look at my collection and can't see any that it would be too difficult to make the artwork for.

This may have been asked before and answered but I know you introduced it for Music so I though I'd ask anyway.
stoli Wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by Standard vs Alternative banners, but in Settings > Skin > Movies / TV there is an option to download all of the banners for your tv shows.

A screen shot may help...

Regards,

Hello again Smile
here is a screenie from my situation:

and here are two screenies from the AeonMQ3 skin where i can switch between standard and alternativ banner ( u see, tha NEON uses the alternativ versions:

I dont know, why i have some alternativ banners and not all... strange Wink

I think, the problem is known - here is the link to another thread - but i dont see a solution there: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106254
jsimo01 Wrote:Is there any chance that a logo view would be possible for movies? I had a look at my collection and can't see any that it would be too difficult to make the artwork for.

This may have been asked before and answered but I know you introduced it for Music so I though I'd ask anyway.

It has been requested before for Neon and other skins but there are just too many titles out there and many that are just too long to fit in a logo.

Example: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443680/
-stoli-
schimi2k Wrote:Hello again Smile
here is a screenie from my situation:

[snipped]

I dont know, why i have some alternativ banners and not all... strange Wink

I think, the problem is known - here is the link to another thread - but i dont see a solution there: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=106254

It looks like you just haven't downloaded them all. Have you tried my previous suggestion of going into settings and downloading all of the banners? If you have and still have an issue, please post a debug log.

Regards,
-stoli-
ok, i go to Setup>Skin>Movie/TV>"click to download banner.jpg
it start to search and "downloading" banners i think
at the end the info shows :
Summary 77 TVShows
Downloaded: banner:0
FOUND:banner:20

I have 77 TV-Shows - thats correct

i found out, that the tv-shows with a banner are stored on my external HDD - connectet direct to my HTPC (the banner.jpg´s are in the tv-show folders) -

the other Shows without a banner are stored on my "server" - shared with SMB ( no banner.jpg´s inside the folder ! )

error log shows these lines: (one example)

20:16:10 T:2652896112 WARNING: FileSmb::OpenForWrite() called with overwriting enabled! - smb://XXXX:XXXX@XXX/SERIEN%20%2d%20F/CHUCK/banner%2ejpg
20:16:10 T:2652896112 ERROR: FileSmb->Open: Unable to open file : 'smb://XXXX:XXXX@XXX/SERIEN%20%2d%20F/CHUCK/banner%2ejpg'
unix_err:'d' error : 'Permission denied'

the other skins take the banner´s from the database in: /storage/.xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/Video

i think NEON wants the banner JPG´s direktly in the Folder

and btw - i used the newest OPENELEC build pre-Eden (9301)

i hope u can make a "fix" or so, to take the banner from the database Wink
It's not something that needs fixing. It's by design. You can either have posters stored int the database or banners, but not both. Since the vast majority of skins and views use Posters, that is what is expected to be found in the database and the banner.jpg in the folders of the show(s).

Why not just let it write the files to the folders on the share?
-stoli-
hehe i solved it ^^ i have my shares in READ ONLY Mode Wink ( safety first )
i changed it and now i can downloaded the banners to my shared folders and now i have almost all banners Wink ( some i must add manualy - but its ok )

thx 4 your help and keep going with this realy nice skin
have a nice day

Given that some might be more difficult than others, but as an example it was perfectly possible to fit that into a logo.

Also there are plenty of TV Shows with equally long names, i.e. The Fabric of the Cosmos with Brian Greene, The American Future: A History, by Simon Schama, The Franchise: A Season with the San Francisco Giants & The Mork & Mindy/Laverne & Shirley/Fonz Hour just to name a quick few taken from fanart.tv
When viewing the list of TV shows we could use a space between the number of unwatched count. Currently it's displayed as:

"Stargate SG1 24episodes"

should be
"Stargate SG1 24 episodes"
or
"Stargate SG1 [24] Episodes"

It would just make it a little easier to read.

Thanks,
Ken
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
jsimo01 Wrote:Image

Given that some might be more difficult than others, but as an example it was perfectly possible to fit that into a logo.

Also there are plenty of TV Shows with equally long names, i.e. The Fabric of the Cosmos with Brian Greene, The American Future: A History, by Simon Schama, The Franchise: A Season with the San Francisco Giants & The Mork & Mindy/Laverne & Shirley/Fonz Hour just to name a quick few taken from fanart.tv

I think this may actually happen. I know the artwork downloader script has been modified so that it can download movie logos. Now we are just waiting for the new fanart.tv site to go live with support for them. I think once the images become available skinners will concede and include the option. Check out the artwork downloader thread for more info.
How to use Git
| AMD Athlon II X3 Triple Core Processor 2.9 GHz |GIGABYTE GA-MA785GM-US2H Mobo 2GB DDR2 Ram | MSI N430GT |
| Logitec Harmony Smart Control Remote| 52" Sharp Aquos LED TV | Denon AVR-X1000 |
| Freenas Server with 18TB ASRock Intel Avoton C2750 |
htpc guy Wrote:I think this may actually happen. I know the artwork downloader script has been modified so that it can download movie logos. Now we are just waiting for the new fanart.tv site to go live with support for them. I think once the images become available skinners will concede and include the option. Check out the artwork downloader thread for more info.

Nox and Cirrus Ext. do have them incorparated in some way.
Even 'Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the ring' is a long title and that looks so sweet.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=966...stcount=11
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hello
What is the name file pause?

Love this skin btw, switched from T! Since this skin was soo good. I have found a few things that I would hope can be sorted out to make this skin even better. Here they are listed;

1. Music files .m4a or .alac does not have a logo in full screen info view (these are apple lossless files)
2. On the onscreen counter the number '1' does not have the same width as all the other numbers so this causes the counter to resize when 1 is displayed anywhere in the counter (a little annoying when you get "11:11 /20:00"). At least if the /20:00 could move left that would be better so there was no space maybe?
3. In music fullscreen info view the second part of the progress counter does not move. This means when I play music files that are longer than 60mins the seconds of the progress overlays the "out of" part of the counter.
4. Video file .rmvb is not recognised with video and audio logos in library view. The extensions are, audio: .cook and video: .rv40
5. I'm watching on fullscreen 1080p and the date does not fit in the black box at top left all of the time, e.g. Wednesday 28 December 2011 has the lest three digits sitting outside the box as the box is not long enough.

That's about all I can remember right now, could be more?
If you would like me to send any screens to help just MSG me back and I'll set to it. Thanks.
Antec Fusion Micro 350 Remote | AMD AM3 X2 240e (45W) Sythe Shuriken Rev.B | Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H | Onboard ATI HD4200 | 2 x 1GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 | Antec 350W 80+certified PSU | 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | KWorld USB DVB-T395 | HDD Dual boot XBMC Live Dharma 10.0 + Win7
NebulaOdyssey Wrote:Love this skin btw, switched from T! Since this skin was soo good. I have found a few things that I would hope can be sorted out to make this skin even better. Here they are listed;

1. Music files .m4a or .alac does not have a logo in full screen info view (these are apple lossless files)
2. On the onscreen counter the number '1' does not have the same width as all the other numbers so this causes the counter to resize when 1 is displayed anywhere in the counter (a little annoying when you get "11:11 /20:00"). At least if the /20:00 could move left that would be better so there was no space maybe?
3. In music fullscreen info view the second part of the progress counter does not move. This means when I play music files that are longer than 60mins the seconds of the progress overlays the "out of" part of the counter.
4. Video file .rmvb is not recognised with video and audio logos in library view. The extensions are, audio: .cook and video: .rv40
5. I'm watching on fullscreen 1080p and the date does not fit in the black box at top left all of the time, e.g. Wednesday 28 December 2011 has the lest three digits sitting outside the box as the box is not long enough.

That's about all I can remember right now, could be more?
If you would like me to send any screens to help just MSG me back and I'll set to it. Thanks.

Do the same issues exist in Eden Beta 1? There have been a ton of updates since the initial release for Dharma (which sounds like what you are using based on the date issue).

Regards,
-stoli-
stoli Wrote:Do the same issues exist in Eden Beta 1? There have been a ton of updates since the initial release for Dharma (which sounds like what you are using based on the date issue).

This was using XBMC 10.1 [compiled: Mar 9 2011] and the skin downloaded from addons looks like v1.6.2 [05.01.2011]

I'll only upgrade XBMC when stable, although I'm willing to try beta or svn skins. I personally find using xbmc live a difficult update procedure if your setup is customised for audio, remote control, LCD, and video. This is why I tend to leave the system alone until there are big new releases.
Antec Fusion Micro 350 Remote | AMD AM3 X2 240e (45W) Sythe Shuriken Rev.B | Gigabyte MA785GMT-UD2H | Onboard ATI HD4200 | 2 x 1GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1333 | Antec 350W 80+certified PSU | 2x Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB | KWorld USB DVB-T395 | HDD Dual boot XBMC Live Dharma 10.0 + Win7
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Neon - New Features / Changes2