TMDB API down?
oh and as far as changing over to movieplayer.it yes it may be an idea, although i did the same to imdb yesterday and found the fanart/posters aren't as good as the ones from moviedb.
johno12345 Wrote:oh and as far as changing over to movieplayer.it yes it may be an idea, although i did the same to imdb yesterday and found the fanart/posters aren't as good as the ones from moviedb.

And if you're not careful, you might have poster/fanart from tmdb enabled in the imdb scraper.
charlievoviii Wrote:themoveidb.org is down and have nothing to do with your XBMC is crashing. Stop your fking whining, cause you are very annoying.

wow, it is actually due to that, if the message stays up for a while without me selecting a response, it then becomes unresponsive.

you really have some issues don't you
--
prophetizer Wrote:wow, it is actually due to that, if the message stays up for a while without me selecting a response, it then becomes unresponsive.

you really have some issues don't you

+1. This hard freezes my XBMC totally. XBMC is 100% unresponsive, keyboard won't let me select yes/no, remote won't work, nothing.

So, yea, my XBMC doesn't work at all for some reason.

Debug log below. Using keyboard, remote, web interface, etc never adds any lines to this.

XBMC 10.0 on Ubuntu Lucid.

http://pastebin.com/1tKYbBKn
IS thwmoviedb.org still down, or is it just me?
BTW, since I upgraded Ubuntu to 10.10 XBMC runs better for me Smile
Got the error, but no freezes. Both Xubuntu and Kubuntu, both installed on 2 different IBM x40(to whom it may concern - intel driver re-enabled)
Search on the website is OK, but the synchro in XBMC is still impossible.
Keep an eye on

http://status.aws.amazon.com/

"Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (N. Virginia)" is the server that TMDB uses. It's still currently undergoing work.

Also keep an eye on http://twitter.com/#!/themoviedb
That must be embracing for Amazon!
Update from Amazon about 15 minutes ago:

6:27 PM PDT We're continuing to work on restoring the remaining affected volumes. The work we're doing to enable customers to be able to launch EBS backed instances and create, delete, attach and detach EBS volumes in the affected Availability Zone is taking considerably more time than we anticipated. The team is in the midst of troubleshooting a bottleneck in this process and we'll report back when we have more information to share on the timing of this functionality being fully restored.
Aaah, back up! Scanned my recently added, but not in the library content without freezing the system, and everything is well.

That really sucked for a while. Put a significant ding in the WAF.
i just assumed it was TMDBs fault, without getting all the facts. i just remember, maybe a year - year and a half ago they had a huge outage for a while, they had to do a big time restore or something. but this time wasn't their fault.

pretty funny how one little thing can totally screw up the whole experience of xbmc lol
--
Hmm. I'm getting "most" of the data now, but 95% of the titles still end up blank in the library.
Thread closed. Tmdb API is up and running now. If you have scraping issues, open a specific thread.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TMDB API down?0