atv2 " unable to connect to remote server"
I had the same on again off again issues, then i notice under set content that there was no scraper selected at all. I just redid that picked my scraper and said no to refresh all content and bam it added the new stuff. Not sure if thats everyones problem but like everybody else it would work then not work and this was on the latest nightly build...and i had the same issues on a stable release on another apple tv2. worked for me.
Just to update everyone....

I have now had to remove XBMC from my ATV2 completely...

I downgraded from 10.0.8 to 10.0.7... still could not access any of my folders.

I upgraded to 10.0.9... still nothing.

I even updated to the latest nightly... no dice.

I had my XBMC set up with a TV folder and a Movies folder, accessible through the quick menu on the home page or through the files menu under videos tab.

Neither folder was accessible, so i tried to add them again but when trying to add a video source it would not show any SMB connections from my mac so i couldn't re-add them..... so, stupid me, i went and deleted them in a last ditch effort to re-add them... still no dice.

Basically i was left with a version of XBMC that could not access or play any media or add any sources, a completly useless app at this point!!!

So its gone... unfortunately.

I really want it back, but seeing as none of the previous solutions have worked for me (eg changing scrapers etc) and no one seems to have offered a more thorough work around i will have to live without.
Same here. My DVDs are getting updated, but it still pops up. It happens everytime I boot into xbmc from the ATV2 main screen. Any ideas?
Seems a fix has been made:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/711c...f5f20e5dd4
Ger Teunis Wrote:Seems a fix has been made:

This is good news!

I see IMDB addon has been reported as broken.
Ger Teunis Wrote:Seems a fix has been made:

i have no idea what that means but as long as its good news thats good Smile

Hopefully there is a new build coming soon with a fix for it
carpo Wrote:i have no idea what that means but as long as its good news thats good Smile

Hopefully there is a new build coming soon with a fix for it

Downloading this file, any ideas how to install this to update xbmc?
obi-w4n-kenobi Wrote:Downloading this file, any ideas how to install this to update xbmc?

It's source code - unless you're compiling your own XBMC, just wait for someone to release a build with this included. I think Keith mentioned he might release a nightly build soon, but no idea what patches/fixes would be included.
New nightly just released hopefully will fix this problem.
Just got my ATV2 yesterday and set up XBMC.

The movie DB scraper seemed to add and update all my movies just fine.

When I added my TV shows, thats when I encountered this error message (using the TV db) - and it will not add tv shows to my library unless I hold the select button on the remote on the show name in the files section.

Quick question, Im using the latest stable, and holding select button down in the sources section does not bring up the context menu so I may edit or delete sources...
hold down the menu button then ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I've seen something that is kind of odd. As a workaround for the "cannot connect ... "-problem I stop the Scan for new Media and then start it again. It then seens to work for anything from 5 min to approx an hour.

Checked the logs but can't see any pattern as to why this is but maybe it can help you other guys with the same problem.
Think I've figured this one out based on trial and error and reading this thread.

Basically there's a bug in the current official build that causes the scan to abort if it can't match the title of the TV show with the entry in TVDB or whatever you use as a source.

The reason it "kinda" works is that if you continue the scan after the error, it tries the next show and if it matches it downloads the info, otherwise it throws up another error. It keeps repeating this process until the scan is complete - which is why some people are reporting partial info downloads. The error message is simply a mistake - there's a bug in the code that causes the "cannot connect" error message to come up for title mismatches. It's actually connecting fine.

The way to fix it, if you want to avoid the technical solution of downloading the latest nightly (which I wanted to avoid because apparently it clashes with Firecore Media Player) is simply to rename your folders to the exact name of the TV show. For example:

"Burn Notice Season 1" - matches nothing and throws an error.
"Burn Notice" matches, and downloads the info without any problems.

I did this for all my shows and now have a completely up-to-date library. I also put all my seasons for each show into a single folder which some people might not want to do if you like everything separate - I haven't checked to see if subfolders work - perhaps someone else might like to try.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Edit:

Tried Creating a main folder - e.g. "Burn Notice" and then sub-folders "Season 1", "Season 2" etc. - this doesn't seem to work. Best results were when I put every episode into one folder, correctly named.

Also, if you're not sure which shows aren't matching, just complete a scan (continue after all errors) and then see which folders have no image associated with them. You need to change those names. Wikipedia seems to be a safe bet for finding out the exact name of a show.
firecore player should have fixed the issue where it conflicts with xbmc already...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I was having this problem with TheMovieDB on ATV2 4.2.1 with XBMC (June 23 build) installed from NittoTV. Had the same problem with ATV2 4.2.2 with XBMC installed via SSH apt get. The ATV2 boxes are being used as clients around the house with the main Theater still using a Win7 HTPC.

I decided that, to get around the error AND sync my coverart/fanart/metadata, I would just move to Ember and be done with it. This solution has worked well so far for Movies, but the TV Show support in Ember is mediocre and I still rely on XBMC ant TVDB for scraping TV shows, though that represents about 1% of my daily usage and, so far, I haven't had any timeouts/errors.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
atv2 " unable to connect to remote server"0