[MAC] Installing Skins
Question 
I am confused as to why some skins are available to download and install directly through the XMBC program, and others are not.

And for those that are not available for direct download within the program, how does one go about installing them. I tried downloading, unzipping and putting it in my XMBC addons folder, but it does not seem to be available as a skin choice.

Thanks.
those skins are outdated. doesn't work with dharma.
spiff Wrote:those skins are outdated. doesn't work with dharma.

OK, so to be clear the ONLY way to install skins is from within the program, and if they do not appear there, they will not work? Like Aeon or Rapier for example?
I have the same question. I would like to install Confluence Horizontal. What's the preferred way? I'm using xbmc for appletv2, latest build.
Some skins are not officially supported because they aren't considered stable (but are Dharma compatible) like variations on the Aeon mentioned or skins still in development. At least as I understand it.

You can install them, at your own risk of course, but I think that even on the Mac you aren't supposed to unzip them first. You let XBMC do the unzipping to correctly install the skin/plug-in. Choose the "install from zip" option in XBMC.
Where do I put the zip-file?
markiz Wrote:Where do I put the zip-file?

Anywhere you want to. Or rather anywhere you can easily find in your file directory so that when XBMC opens a file browser to look for it you can easily figure out where you are. XBMC unzips and installs it in the correct directory in XBMC's library for you. But someone else can probably tell you what that directory is in case you really, really want to manually install the code.
I hate to sound noobish when I ask this, but I'm going to anyway. When you say "anywhere you want to", what do you mean by that?

Let me be more specific in this question as I'm completely new to XBMC. I have a 1 week old ATV2 that I have J/B with SeasonPass and have the most recent Nightly build installed on it. I'm using my PC to stream to the ATV2.

So when you say, "anywhere you want to" and install from XBMC, is XBMC going to connect back to my computer and find the file? Or do I need to hard connect the ATV2 back to the computer, move the file over to it so it sits "locally" and then plug it back into the TV?

I know these may be basic questions, but I've read the install files from several different skins, and they all say the same thing "Download the new repository and install the Add-ons> Install via ZIP." Seems to me to lack a little information and would help if there where steps involved for the first timers. I'm sure it's easy after having done it once, but initially is a little confusing.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] Installing Skins0