iPhone Remote App does not work in XBMC
Hi all,

I use my iPhone Remote App for controlling my ATV2 and it works fine (keyboard, gestures...).

But when I open XBMC the Remote App does not work any longer what makes me very unhappy....

I don't want to install Bluethooth Stack for pairing an extra keyboard.

Does anybody know if something like this is planed for a future release or is there already a solution available (AddOn etc...)?

Best Regards
Andre
Spidermaus Wrote:Hi all,

I use my iPhone Remote App for controlling my ATV2 and it works fine (keyboard, gestures...).

But when I open XBMC the Remote App does not work any longer what makes me very unhappy....

I don't want to install Bluethooth Stack for pairing an extra keyboard.

Does anybody know if something like this is planed for a future release or is there already a solution available (AddOn etc...)?

Best Regards
Andre

It makes YOU very unhappy? Waaa, Waaa, i'm sure that all of our hearts just bleed profusely for you! And for what you paid for XBMC, your complaints will, for sure, be elevated to the highest echelons!

Say, you might consider a more thoughtful posting, perhaps with a little gratitude mixed in. Just a suggestion...

P.S. - Try Rowmote. It works on both XBMC and ATV2 Frontrow.
It's getting quiet ridicules the amount of people that are unhappy about Apple features not working in XBMC... Take it up with Apple people!

It would be nice if people would take things for what they are and not expect the world for free on a shiny silver platter!

Ever heard the saying "you can't have your cake and eat it?", when running a jailbroken device with unofficial software you just have to accept that you will have to make some compromises and not expect every last little feature to work the way you want it to.

The Apple Remote app was written to control Apple devices and software... the XBMC dev's should not be expected to force an Apple remote control application to work with their software.

Try one of the many XBMC remote apps available in the App Store.
Eric_S Wrote:It makes YOU very unhappy? Waaa, Waaa, i'm sure that all of our hearts just bleed profusely for you! And for what you paid for XBMC, your complaints will, for sure, be elevated to the highest echelons!

Say, you might consider a more thoughtful posting, perhaps with a little gratitude mixed in. Just a suggestion...

P.S. - Try Rowmote. It works on both XBMC and ATV2 Frontrow.

What did I say there? Something wrong? Sorry for my bad english. Maybe using the wrong vocabularies are causing this misunderstanding. Did I attack you personally? I am not unhappy with XBMC, I just wanted to say that I would be happy if Remote App would also work in XBMC and I just asked if there might be an AddOn or so to make it work. I respect all the developers that spend some many time of their private life for developing open source applications like this.

And I am not a Fanboy so I would not jailbreak my ATV2. Without pimping it would not be worth it's money!

But thanks for the Rowmote suggestion. I will try this now and give some feedback ASAP.
Sorry for my bad German English :D
Did you try the Rowmote plugin install inside nitoTV? You can then use Rowmote app.

Oops repeated what someone else already said.... sorry.
I believe you can install a touch web interface through the ATV2, and then point your iphone to appletvlocalIP:8080

Go to the web interface area of the add-ons to download it, then go into settings and then Network to select the specific web interface.

Also...

Erik S and bicoe, both of you are out of line. You've read far too much into Spidermaus's simple comment. It's text, and you can't read emotion into most of these posts because it's simply not there. I understand when people come on and just start demanding things or being ungrateful, but all the guy said was he was sad his Apple Remote program stopped working and wanted to know if there was any alternatives or plans to get it working. That's not being demanding or ungrateful.
One question before I install Rowmote App: Is it also possible to enter text within the XBMC? I ask because this is the ain thing for what I will buy it then (it costs 4 Euro).
Ned Scott Wrote:I believe you can install a touch web interface through the ATV2, and then point your iphone to appletvlocalIP:8080

Go to the web interface area of the add-ons to download it, then go into settings and then Network to select the specific web interface.

Also...

Erik S and bicoe, both of you are out of line. You've read far too much into Spidermaus's simple comment. It's text, and you can't read emotion into most of these posts because it's simply not there. I understand when people come on and just start demanding things or being ungrateful, but all the guy said was he was sad his Apple Remote program stopped working and wanted to know if there was any alternatives or plans to get it working. That's not being demanding or ungrateful.

Thank you very much for defencing me and the good idea of touch interface. I will check this out as well!
@ned Scott - Agree with your comments.

@Spidermaus - Welcome to the forums. Your English is certainly better than my Deutsch. Please let us know if we can help you further.
thx Eric
The Apple Remote app works on the latest nightly build of XBMC.
so I just need to upgrade my XBMC version and then it works?? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Spidermaus Wrote:so I just need to upgrade my XBMC version and then it works?? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

You might want to do a little searching and FAQ reading before you get lynched Smile

The daily/nightly/unofficial build thread is here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=92261

The FAQ is here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93033
I have found with the the nightly builds that the remote apple app works with gestures but the keyboard would not enter text using a iPad iam sure that they will get it to work but untill then Rowmote pro works perfect and I wish I had found it ages ago. Don't forget to install the rowmote helper from your nito install options.
I almost purchased Rowmote from the app store but decided to try apple's free remote app first. The apple remote app seems to do the job for me. I haven't tested typing (search) yet but from what I've read that would be the reason to get Rowmote. Other than that I'm happy with Apple's free app (even in XBMC land).

thanks to the XBMC team for all the support and updates. I love this program on the ATV2 (icefilms & NAVI-X are the icing on the cake).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPhone Remote App does not work in XBMC0