2 different Curiosity Stream Addons ?
(2020-04-24, 23:04)Lunatixz Wrote: If developers want to work in the dark.... which again... being frank; there are only a SMALL number of reasons that would exclude a plugin from the official repo... So we encourage developers to submit and are working hard to make the process easier.

About that, I would consider submitting but maybe I'm an idiot, I can't figure out the submission process, I have read about it on the WIKI several times but like a lot of things with Kodi, it's not clear. 

I'm ok with it ultimately, I create my own addons for myself, and choose to share them in case anyone else finds them useful. I don't need or care for an "official" stamp of approval, but I would consider submitting them if the process was clearer.
(2020-04-24, 23:12)matthuisman Wrote: I'm done - I'm off to build a PlutoTV add-on with version 100.0.0 that uses Kodis built-in TV / EPG so can merge with my other channels.

Ooh I'll keep an eye out for this one. Big Grin
(2020-04-24, 23:21)starslayer74 Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 22:52)matthuisman Wrote: You guys doing great job at making other devs want to get involved by the way.

I recently had the same argument when another Team Kodi member called out one of my addons because I shared a link to the install file on a "dodgy" website... a website that a lot of people host their files on...a website that I have used for other addons without a single word uttered. They also ridiculed my posting style...and pointed out that there was another addon that did the same thing (which I was unaware of...and checked later to find it to be broken, at least for me). 

Don't get me wrong, I love the software, I appreciate the work being done by the team, but there is definitely an elitist attitude that is prevalent. If you're not part of the club, you might get singled out and they are sure to push people who are well meaning away. 

You know your download link is okay; but how would everyone else? I'm sure you wouldn't download a random zip posted on the net... Posting your code on a git is the first step... this allows review by the user without the need to download a random zip.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2020-04-24, 23:12)matthuisman Wrote: I'm done - I'm off to build a PlutoTV add-on with version 100.0.0 that uses Kodis built-in TV / EPG so can merge with my other channels.

...and with that... Welcome to my ignore list!

Funny how you started with high respect; you are not a stranger to me... I've monitored your work for some time now... but we end at the bottom! Tossed in a pile of "part of the problem, not the solution" KUDOS!

I'm done - I'm off to build a Disney+ add-on with version 100.0.0 that uses Kodis built-in TV / EPG so can merge with my other channels. Tongue
so which is it....

Kodi believes all users start with stock kodi and are given the warning (and actually read it) and proceed anyway
or Kodi doesn't care about any users who arn't above? (eg. OSMC)

But wait, Kodi links to OSMC in it's wiki
But they have the warning disabled by default.

Strange....

Note: Disney+ doesn't have live channels otherwise my version would already have that.

But at least your starting to see the issue.
We are now in version wars.

I never had your respect, you always go off the rails on every occasion.
If you liked anything, you would have posted.
Always negative.
(2020-04-24, 23:31)Lunatixz Wrote: You know your download link is okay; but how would everyone else? I'm sure you wouldn't download a random zip posted on the net... Posting your code on a git is the first step... this allows review by the user without the need to download a random zip. 

Fair point, but the counter point is how many other posts with new addons have a download link on the same website? How many of them get singled out? How many of my other posts with other addons that I've created linked to that site, that never had a single word from anyone? 

I understand/understood the argument and modified the post in question to link to the github page, so people could see the code. But just as you said above in another post, "trusted" is relative.... I posted the addon here, where I am active (admittedly, I'm not as prolific as you or others) and I assume that MOST of the people on the forums would be more techy than someone who just bought a preconfigured box. How does one build trust when they are called out and called sketchy without someone giving them constructive criticism? If he had said it the way you just did, I would have accepted it as constructive criticism and made the same adjustment without getting into an argument or feeling like I needed to defend myself.
(2020-04-24, 23:43)starslayer74 Wrote:
(2020-04-24, 23:31)Lunatixz Wrote: You know your download link is okay; but how would everyone else? I'm sure you wouldn't download a random zip posted on the net... Posting your code on a git is the first step... this allows review by the user without the need to download a random zip. 

Fair point, but the counter point is how many other posts with new addons have a download link on the same website? How many of them get singled out? How many of my other posts with other addons that I've created linked to that site, that never had a single word from anyone? 

I understand/understood the argument and modified the post in question to link to the github page, so people could see the code. But just as you said above in another post, "trusted" is relative.... I posted the addon here, where I am active (admittedly, I'm not as prolific as you or others) and I assume that MOST of the people on the forums would be more techy than someone who just bought a preconfigured box. How does one build trust when they are called out and called sketchy without someone giving them constructive criticism? If he had said it the way you just did, I would have accepted it as constructive criticism and made the same adjustment without getting into an argument or feeling like I needed to defend myself.  

I don't know particulars, but in general, unfortunately... the bad apples have left a sour taste in everyone's mouth. A ton of us around here are guilty of jumping that gun! I know; I'm not proud of being guilty of it! When you deal day in and day out with 4/5 posts about shady stuff... that 1/5 doesn't get a fair shot... sucks!

If you have a legitimate contribution; take two seconds to create a forum thread with a little info and a link to your github. The team truly appreciates all positive contributions; after all many of us started that way.

I look forward to hopefully seeing your post and if you need help, feel free to ask.
(2020-04-24, 23:53)Lunatixz Wrote: I look forward to hopefully seeing your post and if you need help, feel free to ask. 

I appreciate it. You've always been fair with me whenever we've interacted (here/reddit)
@starslayer74

There is a user over on Aussie Whirpool who hosts Pluto EPG / Playlist
He has setup instructions below (that uses my IPTV Merge) to get into kodis "Tv / EPG" view.
IPTV Merge not required if it's the only playlist you need.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9nk7ly73
(2020-04-25, 00:00)matthuisman Wrote: @starslayer74

There is a user over on Aussie Whirpool who hosts Pluto EPG / Playlist
He has setup instructions below (that uses my IPTV Merge) to get into kodis "Tv / EPG" view.
IPTV Merge not required if it's the only playlist you need.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/thread/9nk7ly73

Thank you, I may have found part of my weekend project. Smile
(2020-04-24, 23:40)matthuisman Wrote: so which is it....

Kodi believes all users start with stock kodi and are given the warning (and actually read it) and proceed anyway
or Kodi doesn't care about any users who arn't above? (eg. OSMC)

But wait, Kodi links to OSMC in it's wiki
But they have the warning disabled by default.

Strange....

Note: Disney+ doesn't have live channels otherwise my version would already have that.

But at least your starting to see the issue.
We are now in version wars.

I never had your respect, you always go off the rails on every occasion.
If you liked anything, you would have posted.
Always negative.

OSMC doesn’t allow the installation of third party sources by default. This has to be enabled under Settings in the same way as other platforms

Cheers
After reading this long post I figured I could contribute a small tip to prevent add-ons from auto-updating.

If one is concerned about Kodi auto-updating an add-on to a higher version number, then one can set Kodi so that a single add-on is not automatically upgraded.  That way one has full control over when an add-on is updated.

For example with the Estuary skin on Kodi 17.6:

1. Navigate to Addons -> My add-ons -> Video add-ons -> SomeAddonToDisableAutoUpdate and press Enter
2. Navigate to Auto-update and press Enter to toggle auto-update off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 different Curiosity Stream Addons ?0