seperate MP3s from FLAC in library
Hi,

is it possible to have 2 music libraries, one containing only my MP3s, the other all FLAC files. Because I have duplicate albums (in both MP3 and FLAC) I can't just scan everything into the library as I don't want duplicates there so I would like to seperate everything. I could do that by using favorites, but then I wouldn't be able to show metadata for one of the 2 which would seriously suck as I have put considerable effort into organizing my music collection. Thx for all the help in advance,

cheers
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Sma..._Playlists

By going by that. NO is the answer

I Bet you have a "iPod/iPhone" or a portable MP3 player that don't like FLAC.

Anyway. Best thing you can do is just move all your MP3's out of the folders and start again. If you must have MP3s. Make copy's of them and convert them to flac. Sure I know this means having 2 separate music folders. Both with the same content just in different formats. But it will pay off in the long run. Or just go out and get a portable cheap MP4 player that supports FLAC Wink I got mine for £17 last year. Beats all "apple" players hands down.
I have the same thing...identical FLAC and mp3 library's HOWEVER for the intended application be it Amarok or XBMC I only ever add one into the library.

music/flac/...
music/mp3/...

They are separated at the root directory so there really is no reason to map both into the same app...just make the mp3 the mirror of the flac with respect to all the tagging, folder.jpg, etc.

Do you have the option of splitting them up if not currently configured like that?
If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Thanks for all the replies, too bad there isn't an easy solution. Luckily I do keep them all seperated so I think I'll just archive the duplicate MP3s into a third folder that I won't scan into XBMC. That way I can still feed my iPhone with MP3s as needed. Yeah, you guessed right Oddsodz =) I spent millions of hours on organizing my music collection already anyway so a couple extra won't make a difference

cheers mates
I use MediaMonkey to auto convert all my local music to whatever format I need on my portable devices. That way I don't have to keep two copies of all my music, just the highest quality copy will do.
I do however keep all my formats in separate folders, in case I ever want to get a high quality format of an album.

Library structure:
Music\
Format1\
[INDENT]Album Artist\
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]Album\
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]## - Song.*
folder.jpg
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
Format2\
[INDENT]Album Artist\
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]folder.jpg
fanart.jpg
[/INDENT][/INDENT]
[INDENT]Album\
[/INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]## - Song.*
folder.jpg
[/INDENT][/INDENT]

On a similar but separate subject, does anyone have a program they use to manage Music MetaData. Something like Ember or any of the other video MetaData managers, but dose music. I like the folder format Ember does to my Movies & TV Shows, but I can't find anything that will give me fan-art/back-drops & folder art for artists. Right now I'm doing that part all manually & it's a pain in the arse!
|Image|Image|

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
seperate MP3s from FLAC in library0