XBMC Crash on entering "programs"
Running XBMC on an android 4.2 tablet, I am experiencing a crash on opening "programs". This error does not occur on another device of the same kind with the same OS version but different programs installed, so I assume that one of the programs installed on this device is causing XBMC to crash. However, trying to remove apps one-by-one is out of the question because I have nearly 700 apps on this tablet. I have a logcat that I can submit during the crash so one of the developers may be able to figure it out. I have tried all the standard remedies to attempt to stop this from occurring, including clearing all data from xbmc, uninstalling it, and reinstalling it. Unfortunately, nothing I have done solves the problem.
Could it be the number of apps itself. How many apps are on the other device that doesn't crash? Which device is it? Could be a RAM thing.
Good question about the number of apps installed. On the working tablet, 201 installed. On mine, 688. As for it being a RAM thing, this tablet has 2GB of RAM, and 16GB storage, so I doubt it.
Edit: Device is Samsung/Google Nexus 10
I am having the same problem With my Samsung galaxy s3 jelly bean "not rooted" .
It crashes when pressning programs Button.
(2012-12-08, 00:26)purrar Wrote: I am having the same problem With my Samsung galaxy s3 jelly bean "not rooted" .

How many apps do you have on your SGS3?
(2012-12-08, 08:05)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2012-12-08, 00:26)purrar Wrote: I am having the same problem With my Samsung galaxy s3 jelly bean "not rooted" .

How many apps do you have on your SGS3?

I have 305 apps installed.
I deleted 20 latest apps i have been installing....and Now It Works Smile Strange because i have plenty of ram and memory for xbmc to run. Maybe one of the apps were making It crash? Sorry for my bad English.
I really doubt the problem here is the number of apps. There's some shady jni code to grab the icons and package names, we're probably just hitting something it doesn't expect. Could someone who is able to reproduce please get a logcat of the crash?
EDIT: nevermind, there's the man himself to explain :)
I can't post the logcat log, because the max post size is 10000 characters, and I don't see an option for attaching a text file. Please recommend an alternate way to get it to you.
pastebin.com
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-08, 22:07)theuni Wrote: I really doubt the problem here is the number of apps. There's some shady jni code to grab the icons and package names, we're probably just hitting something it doesn't expect. Could someone who is able to reproduce please get a logcat of the crash?

Trying to understand this properly, is it java code from the Android Apps section within Programs that is causing the problem? I am not familiar with the issue on my current platform but it has happened in the past with my HP touchpad (lots of apps \ CM9). I will install the latest version and see if I can recreate the issue but I doubt it - as with beta2 was everything was successful and no errors like this anymore.......compared to the xda nightlies that used to do it. I only used Navi and I put that on the video skin icon section to access- I will see if I can dig that version up as well.
Here's my logcat: http://pastebin.com/DAQUhhdE

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Crash on entering "programs"0