v21 [Omega] Amber for v21 (WIP) - Post Bug Reports
(2024-04-11, 22:40)mikeSiLVO Wrote: You can follow the GitHub install instructions from the 3rd post of my skin thread.

Just use skin.amber instead.

Does renaming the folder in the archive matter? I didn't do that and it seems to have worked. Did I break something that will come back to bite me later?

Thanks.
(2024-04-25, 23:00)steve333 Wrote: Hi mikeSiLVO

First thanks for all your work in updating Amber. This has been the skin I have used for years and I really appreciate your work.

I'm having a problem where fanart is not being downloaded for newly created shows. I use Emby for managing my media, along with the plugin for Kodi. For any newly added directories no fanart is shown. Interestingly if I go to menu / information on the show then the fanart does appear.

I'm think this is down to Amber as it works using the default skin.

Are the fanart settings enabled in Skin Settings > Backgrounds?

(2024-04-26, 09:24)C.G.B. Spender Wrote: Indeed the items without bg have no fanart only the main picture, but in my recollection in the old Amber this was used (appearing grossly enlarged on account how it scaled portrait pic to landscape, but still better than no bg imho) when no other pic was available. Skimming through my Sets it's about 3/4 of the items that do not have bg. What I'm trying to say is I might be misremembering stuff, but on account of how many sets now do not have bg now I believe I'd notice if that was the case in the old amber. In any case this is a very minor cosmetic issue perhaps unique to my setup (I use kodi-jellyfin not direct access to files) and I would not want it to take your time from working on more important issues.

If I could one last unrelated question: I installed manually from your github repo, whats the best way to find out it was published to official repo so I can reinstall form there to get auto updates in future?

Many thanks for updating Amber it is my favourite skin ever when it comes to being able to customize pretty much everything as I want.

If it is pushed to the Kodi repo you will either get auto-updated or a notification from Kodi depending on your settings.

(2024-04-27, 16:22)DrXenos Wrote: Does renaming the folder in the archive matter? I didn't do that and it seems to have worked. Did I break something that will come back to bite me later?

Thanks.

It is to avoid potential issues of multiple skin folders being in the addons folder.
Yes, fanart is enabled in settings.

Any locally cached fanart shows fine. The issue is that the skin doesn't seem to download any new fanart. If I go to menu / information on the show the fanart is downloaded and then shows up fine elsewhere, but it isn't downloaded when browsing shows.

This may not be an Amber issue, it could be Emby or Kodi, but everything works fine with the default skin.
(2024-04-28, 12:10)steve333 Wrote: Yes, fanart is enabled in settings.

Any locally cached fanart shows fine. The issue is that the skin doesn't seem to download any new fanart. If I go to menu / information on the show the fanart is downloaded and then shows up fine elsewhere, but it isn't downloaded when browsing shows.

This may not be an Amber issue, it could be Emby or Kodi, but everything works fine with the default skin.

Skins don't download fanart...

If it is a caching issue, you can try using Artwork Dump.

Install, run it, and choose preload to cache option.

(2024-04-28, 14:42)mikeSiLVO Wrote: Skins don't download fanart...

Thanks for the clarification. I'll do some more testing to try and work out what exactly is causing the issue.
Thanks for your work. 
I had Amber set up on my Android TV, with some tweaks (e.g. the kids' content was on separate custom menu items). After installing your version (which, by the way, works as a charm), I noticed that the main menu was re-generated as factory default. I was wondering if it would be possible to recover those changes. Not the end of the world if it's not possible, it's just that navigating all those menus with a TV remote gets old pretty fast Big Grin
i renames the zip file but when i choose install from zip file, it doesn't find the zip on the usb stick. does anyone know why?
(2024-04-30, 14:05)mundodisco8 Wrote: Thanks for your work. 
I had Amber set up on my Android TV, with some tweaks (e.g. the kids' content was on separate custom menu items). After installing your version (which, by the way, works as a charm), I noticed that the main menu was re-generated as factory default. I was wondering if it would be possible to recover those changes. Not the end of the world if it's not possible, it's just that navigating all those menus with a TV remote gets old pretty fast Big Grin

Nothing has been changed in the skin that would cause the menu to reset.
Quote:Nothing has been changed in the skin that would cause the menu to reset.

Then something must have been lost in the update process to v21... Oh well! Thanks anyway! 🙂

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Omega] Amber for v21 (WIP) - Post Bug Reports0