TrueHD passthrough Test Builds - New MAT Packer implementation
FWIW, new ver21.0.1 installs just fine over ver21 on the Nvidia Pro.
True HD files play flawlessly.

Am I hallucinating, or does HD audio sound markedly better on ver21 than prior builds? My ears and brain say so, but I also know about the audio placebo effect.
What do others think?

In any case, congratulations to all those responsible for ver21 android. A fine achievement.
(2024-04-17, 11:46)fritsch Wrote:
(2024-04-16, 22:34)kolololop Wrote: @fritsh: thank for your analysis. I have made a clean install of this build and only few addons installed as well and so far no hiccups.
Meeeh - and I even bought that bluray ... btw. for "intermittant" unexplainable stutters, please install nighly. A fix the JNIMediasession DOS there ...

@fritsch Does this fix helps when using third party skins, specially the Jurial skins. I’ve noticed that I get more video stutters and sometimes even audio dropouts on my Shield TV Pro when using skins like Arctic Horizon 2 or the newest Arctic Fuse skin from Jurial compared to using the Estuary Skin. When I switch to Estuary skin I rarely ever get an audio dropout or video stutters, idk why is that as that’s only a “Kodi UI skin” and not much related to cause video/audio performance issues? 🤔
(2024-04-17, 15:34)Nuklear92 Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 11:46)fritsch Wrote:
(2024-04-16, 22:34)kolololop Wrote: @fritsh: thank for your analysis. I have made a clean install of this build and only few addons installed as well and so far no hiccups.
Meeeh - and I even bought that bluray ... btw. for "intermittant" unexplainable stutters, please install nighly. A fix the JNIMediasession DOS there ...

@fritsch Does this fix helps when using third party skins, specially the Jurial skins. I’ve noticed that I get more video stutters and sometimes even audio dropouts on my Shield TV Pro when using skins like Arctic Horizon 2 or the newest Arctic Fuse skin from Jurial compared to using the Estuary Skin. When I switch to Estuary skin I rarely ever get an audio dropout or video stutters, idk why is that as that’s only a “Kodi UI skin” and not much related to cause video/audio performance issues? 🤔

In general: Always fix the root cause. If you have a skin, that does a lot of stuff and disturbing your playback, don't use it.
While we are again fully offtopic in yogal's MAT Packer feedback thread, it is a bad idea in general to tell androids tvrecommendation twice a second to suggest you a movie ... both are equally bad in general, while the skin only blocks kodi but the other thing blocks kodi AND causes the OS to use more time slices.

Please -> let's stay on topic here.

I am running the New Mat Packer build since last Sunday and kept some TrueHD movies running and did not see any issue with it. Great work @jogal
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2024-04-17, 17:57)fritsch Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 15:34)Nuklear92 Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 11:46)fritsch Wrote: Meeeh - and I even bought that bluray ... btw. for "intermittant" unexplainable stutters, please install nighly. A fix the JNIMediasession DOS there ...

In general: Always fix the root cause. If you have a skin, that does a lot of stuff and disturbing your playback, don't use it.
While we are again fully offtopic in yogal's MAT Packer feedback thread, it is a bad idea in general to tell androids tvrecommendation twice a second to suggest you a movie ... both are equally bad in general, while the skin only blocks kodi but the other thing blocks kodi AND causes the OS to use more time slices.

Please -> let's stay on topic here.

I am running the New Mat Packer build since last Sunday and kept some TrueHD movies running and did not see any issue with it. Great work @jogal

I’m also running this Jogal build with the new MAT Packer and so far I haven’t gotten any issues. Just asked since you mentioned that other fix from the nightly builds about the JNIMediasession and somehow that fix also can help with video stutters, or playback in general.

But I wanted to also share my feedback regarding the thread’s topic that I haven’t encountered any audio dropouts so far. 👍
(2024-04-17, 18:05)Nuklear92 Wrote: I’m also running this Jogal build with the new MAT Packer and so far I haven’t gotten any issues. Just asked since you mentioned that other fix from the nightly builds about the JNIMediasession and somehow that fix also can help with video stutters, or playback in general.

Ah yes, it would be nice if Jogal can post an updated MAT Packer build that includes the JNIMediasession fixes so we can test everything at once. Still haven't had any issues with this test build so far, great work Jogal!
(2024-04-17, 11:46)fritsch Wrote: Meeeh - and I even bought that bluray ... btw. for "intermittant" unexplainable stutters, please install nighly. A fix the JNIMediasession DOS there ...

Sorry for one more off-topic reply... When you say nightly, do you mean one built from master (i.e. Kodi 22) or a Kodi 21 Omega nightly? I assume the former, because the most recent Omega nightly is dated April 13.
(2024-04-18, 00:01)Draconix Wrote:
(2024-04-17, 18:05)Nuklear92 Wrote: I’m also running this Jogal build with the new MAT Packer and so far I haven’t gotten any issues. Just asked since you mentioned that other fix from the nightly builds about the JNIMediasession and somehow that fix also can help with video stutters, or playback in general.

Ah yes, it would be nice if Jogal can post an updated MAT Packer build that includes the JNIMediasession fixes so we can test everything at once. Still haven't had any issues with this test build so far, great work Jogal!

Jogal updated the builds if you look closely the links are based on the latest nightly released today 20240417 (04-17-2024). However, I’m not sure if this updated nightly includes those fixes, hopefully @fritsch can confirm as he was the one who worked on that fix in particular. 🤔

Either way I’m already using the updated build, just would like to hear a brief confirmation if indeed this new build includes the JNIMediasession fixes aside from the new MAT Packer.
(2024-04-18, 00:25)Nuklear92 Wrote:
(2024-04-18, 00:01)Draconix Wrote:

Jogal updated the builds if you look closely the links are based on the latest nightly released today 20240417 (04-17-2024). However, I’m not sure if this updated nightly includes those fixes, hopefully @fritsch can confirm as he was the one who worked on that fix in particular. 🤔

Either way I’m already using the updated build, just would like to hear a brief confirmation if indeed this new build includes the JNIMediasession fixes aside from the new MAT Packer.

No, it is not in there, they are Omega based builds: https://github.com/thexai/xbmc/commits/mat-packer-Omega - but again: this is offtopic here ... focus on TrueHD movies, please.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Builds updated in the first post.
Does your latest build include:
Backport: MediaSession: Update only when something changes #25041
(2024-04-24, 13:43)etgecata Wrote: Does your latest build include:
Backport: MediaSession: Update only when something changes #25041

Yes, this time - but again - this has zero / nothing / nothing at all to do with the testing that is done here. This is about the MAT Packer. You will see when it errors out explicitely with certain prints.
I ve try above files to install it with apk installer on the shield but sadly it say that isn't compatible. Maybe I do something wrong. Hopefully there comes a fix soon. Thanks for all the tips and help.

Regards Romesly

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TrueHD passthrough Test Builds - New MAT Packer implementation0