v21 Copacetic for Kodi Omega (v21) - From the official repo
Copacetic
A real good time with your media, now available for Kodi v21 (Omega)

Installation instructions:

You can download Copacetic for Omega from the official Kodi repository as long as you are on v21. I recommend everyone use this version unless you want quicker access to iterative bug fixes and updates. If you wish to install from my repo:
  1. Add the location of my repository as a source in File Manager: https://realcopacetic.github.io
  2. Now if you go to settings > system > Add-ons and enable 'Unknown sources'.
  3. From the same screen choose 'Any repositories' under 'Update official addons from' - as this will allow Kodi to pull updates straight from my repo even if you installed via Kodi's official repo.
  4. Go to Addonbrowser and install from zip. Choose the new source and install the zip file.
  5. Now go to the repo and install Copacetic. It should install the required dependencies. In the info screen you can set it to automatically update
https://imgur.com/a/n9u3Jst
watch gallery

​​​​​​
Features:
  • 5 views - List, Billboard, Showcase, Strip, Grid
  • Each can be customised for each content type (movies, sets, tvshows, seasons, episodes, artists, albums), e.g. you can have Strip with fanart, flags and details for Movies, but Strip with just artwork for TV Shows.
  • Support for custom art types including keyart, multiple clearlogos and square art
  • Fully customisable homescreen widgets. Choose the view, layout and source (preselected widgets or choose your own paths)
  • Configurable homescreen menu and configurable backgrounds (default is a slideshow of backgrounds from the source of the background e.g. movie fanart slideshow for 'Movies'. You can override this for any item or use a global override (useful for example if you want only child-friendly artwork showing on homescreen)
  • Pre-configured info screen widgets for richer views
  • Dark / Light themes
  • Embedded music player accessible from all main views/windows during audio playback
  • Embedded lists (navigate seasons straight from TV shows, movies straight from sets, albums straight from artists) within List/Billboard/Showcase/Strip views
  • Support for integrated multiart slideshow within the focuseditem artwork for List/Billboard/Showcase/Strip views
  • Configurable Netflix-style trailer autoplay for home screen widgets and Videos screen
  • Scroll by first letter, rating, user rating, duration, playcount, disc count

More videos:
Trailer autoplay, scroll by letter: https://youtu.be/a6HV1pq1u6U
Multiart: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6JBCmFL7hE
Embedded lists, integrated music player and infoscreen widgets: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ph-9IjkbYOs&t=5s
Home screen widgets and home screen background configuration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCLgcjfWT5o

Bug reporting/Feedback requests:
To report a bug or request a feature, the best way to make sure it doesn't get lost in this thread is to open an issue on Github here: https://github.com/realcopacetic/skin.copacetic

Special thanks: 
  • @Hitcher for inspiring this project and kickstarting my hopeless mockups into a working codebase. For supporting through the initial designs and providing loads of support and advice.
  • @jurialmunkey for all the best-practice code examples and forum support.
  • @sualfred for plenty of inspiration and script.embuary.helper, which provided some key functionality before the release of new Nexus features.
  • @ronie, @enen92 and @Roman_V_M for taking me through the approvals process to get this skin and its dependants into the official repo 
Good evening.

I really like this skin. Beautiful layout and menu structure.
I have a question and maybe it's asked before: Is it possible to add an autoclose osd option?

My remote has no pause button and the oke button brings up the osd so I can press the pause button, but it doesn't dissappear automatically after pressing play again.

Thanks in advance
(2024-05-01, 18:51)Aaiemron Wrote: Good evening.

I have a question and maybe it's asked before: Is it possible to add an autoclose osd option?

My remote has no pause button and the oke button brings up the osd so I can press the pause button, but it doesn't dissappear automatically after pressing play again.

Thanks in advance

Glad you're enjoying the skin.

The videoOSD should close automatically after 3 seconds. Do you mean that you can still see the actual buttons indefinitely, or that when you hit pause, there is the info screen with the logo etc displayed? You can disable the info screen in Settings > Copacetic > Customisations > Video Player > Show info on pause screen
(2024-05-02, 11:20)realcopacetic Wrote:

Thanks in advance

The videoOSD should close automatically after 3 seconds. Do you mean that you can still see the actual buttons indefinitely, or that when you hit pause, there is the info screen with the logo etc displayed? You can disable the info screen in Settings > Copacetic > Customisations > Video Player > Show info on pause screen
Thanks for answering.
Yes, I still see the buttons and the only way to close them is pushing the back button.
Show info on pause screen turn on or off doesn't fix that.
My remote has no physical play/pause button
(2024-05-02, 15:40)Aaiemron Wrote:
(2024-05-02, 11:20)realcopacetic Wrote:

Thanks in advance

Thanks for answering.
Yes, I still see the buttons and the only way to close them is pushing the back button.

That's very strange, it should automatically close after 3 seconds of no user input. Can you confirm which platform you're on and which version of the skin?

Can you also post a debug log so I can see if anything is causing an error? https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy - YOu can DM me the link if you'd rather not post it here. Cheers
(2024-05-02, 17:00)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2024-05-02, 15:40)Aaiemron Wrote:
(2024-05-02, 11:20)realcopacetic Wrote: Glad you're enjoying the skin.

Thanks for answering.

That's very strange, it should automatically close after 3 seconds of no user input. Can you confirm which platform you're on and which version of the skin?

Can you also post a debug log so I can see if anything is causing an error? https://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy - YOu can DM me the link if you'd rather not post it here. Cheers

For now I can say I use the Omega version of Kodi. The last version of your skin and I use Android as operating system
Later on I wil look into the debut log and will sent it to you.

Thanks so far
(2024-05-02, 17:15)Aaiemron Wrote:
(2024-05-02, 17:00)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2024-05-02, 15:40)Aaiemron Wrote: Thanks for answering.

For now I can say I use the Omega version of Kodi. The last version of your skin and I use Android as operating system
Later on I wil look into the debut log and will sent it to you.

Thanks so far
That's strange, it's the same setup I have and it's definitely auto-closing for me. I'll wait on the debug thanks
i just discovered when I long press the OK button during playback the video pauses without seeing the OSD buttons. Just the info of the video.
Long pressing again and the video starts playing and the info dissappears.
Short pressing the OK button after pause brings up the OSD. That's nice if you want to stop the video for instance.
That's good enough for me. Maybe it has something to do with my remote?
i use Kodi on a Xsarius Dbox.
Thanks again for helping me.
(2024-05-03, 07:39)Aaiemron Wrote: i just discovered when I long press the OK button during playback the video pauses without seeing the OSD buttons. Just the info of the video.
Short pressing the OK button after pause brings up the OSD. That's nice if you want to stop the video for instance.

I didn't know that one, good to know! I like long pressing back on the home screen to get the shutdown menu, and long pressing down during playback to scroll through subtitles.

OK, I'll keep investigating, if you get a moment can you see if the Estuary OSD closes correctly? I think they use a new feature called a skintimer to control it from Nexus onwards. I'm still using a bit of a hack method to close it, so I could try switching to the newer method if it works for you.
(2024-05-03, 13:42)realcopacetic Wrote:
(2024-05-03, 07:39)Aaiemron Wrote: i just discovered when I long press the OK button during playback the video pauses without seeing the OSD buttons. Just the info of the video.

I didn't know that one, good to know! I like long pressing back on the home screen to get the shutdown menu, and long pressing down during playback to scroll through subtitles.

OK, I'll keep investigating, if you get a moment can you see if the Estuary OSD closes correctly? I think they use a new feature called a skintimer to control it from Nexus onwards. I'm still using a bit of a hack method to close it, so I could try switching to the newer method if it works for you.
Exactly the same with Estuary.
It doesn:t close automatically after bringing up the OSD with the ok button. ( Short press)
Long pressing pauses the video just like your skin and after long pressing the ok button again, the video is playing and the info is gone.

Skins like Estuary mod V2 have an option to autoclose the OSD after a few seconds and there it's working.
I have another question.
If I select TV shows, of course I get the TV shows on the screen. In the options when you press to the left, I selected Unwatched at Include. The only disadvantage is that if there is no new episode available after playing an episode, it will not go back to my Unwatched TV shows, but I will see this image:
​​​​​​

Is it possible to adjust this? It would be nice if it returned to the unwatched TV shows
Yes, open the side menu and change it back to All.
(2024-05-03, 18:14)Hitcher Wrote: Yes, open the side menu and change it back to Unwatched.

?? It's already on Unwatched.
The question was find a way to automatically return to the Unwatched TV shows after watching an episode wich has no new episode
Sorry, I meant to say change it back to 'All' but I see the problem here is the fact that option disappears when they're all hidden:

And you have to back out until there are either unwatched seasons or TV shows before you can access it again.

It also doesn't display the name of the TV show either so it's becomes a bit confusing.
(2024-05-03, 20:53)Hitcher Wrote: Sorry, I meant to say change it back to 'All' but I see the problem here is the fact that option disappears when they're all hidden:

And you have to back out until there are either unwatched seasons or TV shows before you can access it again.

It also doesn't display the name of the TV show either so it's becomes a bit confusing.

Thanks for flagging. I'll look into this, never really use that includes filter so didn't realize this is not usable!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copacetic for Kodi Omega (v21) - From the official repo0