Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [THREAD CLOSED] Maximinimalism V1.0.6 (Gotham)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
DISCLAIMER: This skin is for Gotham builds only. Please do not post bug reports if you are running a Frodo build

watch gallery

Maximinimalism is a skin for XBMC Gotham that focuses on three things: simplicity, clarity and speed.

Features
  • Revised and simplified navigation / content structure, optimised for living room-based HTPC / remote setups.
  • Very lightweight, very fast. Ideal for Raspberry Pi / lower power builds and for heavy users with large media libraries.
  • Skin is designed specifically to be fully functional with an 8 button remote.
  • Customisable menu items for music / video sections, providing quick access to external content addons.
  • PVR support for TV and Radio.
  • Artist slideshow addon support for the music visualization is built in (you will need the addon of course – I recommend it).

New from V1.0.5
  • Fully integrated and skinned support for the Rom Collection Browser addon. Retroplayer ready!!
  • Cyrillic font support

Download
Maximinimalism is available for download via the XBMC.org repo (Gotham). For the latest builds, download from GIT:
Nice one, lovely concept. Keep it up, going to give it a try this evening.
I like your design philosophy - nice to see I'm not alone Smile
Thanks both :-)
it looks cleanSmile i like it
Love the theme but do you plan on putting on screen controls so you can change subtitles, sub delay, time bar, etc..?

Also have you considered something like this, I know its your skin but I've tried editing skins and it's way over my head. I think it would be a better fit than having thumbnail and tv show name again.

Ah, I usually press the ok button on my remote to bring up those controls, I don't use info which is why I didn't think to use it.

This is my daily driver now, that was the only thing that was stopping me from using it.

Would prefer it if synopsis was there but I understand why it's not.

Look forward seeing updates to this.
This looks promising. I'll have to test this on my Raspberry PI.
Great stuff!

(2013-08-09, 13:37)TheLegendOfMart Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, I usually press the ok button on my remote to bring up those controls, I don't use info which is why I didn't think to use it.

This is my daily driver now, that was the only thing that was stopping me from using it.

Would prefer it if synopsis was there but I understand why it's not.

Look forward seeing updates to this.

Great stuff - i'm really pleased you like it.
Nu7s - let me know how you get on with the Pi.

Got to get me one of those things :-)
(2013-08-09, 15:21)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]Nu7s - let me know how you get on with the Pi.

Got to get me one of those things :-)

Wow, you must be the only Brit without one. Big Grin
Cheers Balinus, will be fixed in the next update (ditto the lack of scrolling on the description I just noticed)
Updated today: OSD fixes and episode view content
Tried it on my Raspberry PI today and I love it! It's a great skin that runs very well on the RPI.

However, I would also like to see the menu when pressing the OK button. I have a pretty basic remote without an "I" button and no experience in remapping buttons on a remote.

Keep up te good work!
mind adding it to our skin-testing/dev repo? Will also give you a broaeder audience for testing and a convenient way for users to install and test it Smile
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38