• 1(current)
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)
Artist Slideshow Features
  • displays slideshow as background for music visualization (must use a compatible skin or update skin using the instructions below)
  • option to have artist images downloaded and/or use a local directory of artist images
  • option for a fallback slideshow if no local or remote images are found
  • option to have a single slideshow displayed regardless of artist playing
  • downloads artwork from fanart.tv, theaudiodb.com, and htbackdrops.org to display as background for music visualization
  • options to download artist bio and other additional information from the audiodb.com with fallback to last.fm (skin must support display of this information)
  • option to limit size of download cache
  • support for internet streams that put the artist name in the XBMC title field
  • support for other addons using Artist Slideshow to provide the background

For a complete list of options as well as instructions for skin and addon integration, please see the Artist Slideshow Addon wiki page.

If you just installed 3.0.0 and your skin isn't showing images anymore or AS is crashing, please see this post.
I have updated the Confluence MusicVisualization.xml and MusicOSD.xml to support Artist Slideshow. Please see the wiki page for instructions on how to install these (link in my signature).

Once you install these two files, Confluence will use Artist Slideshow to provide the background. If you bring up the music OSD you will get the artist biography.
New test version available. This merges changes from NisseDILLIGAF that should work with most radio streams now (i.e. with a format of Artist - Title in the XBMC title field).

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow
Hello ...
I don't know if I missing something, but is there a way to save downloaded images in extrafanart folder of the artist ?

thanks ...
mardup Wrote:Hello ...
I don't know if I missing something, but is there a way to save downloaded images in extrafanart folder of the artist ?

Yes, with caveats. In the Slideshow section of the settings you can designate a local artist artwork folder and then in the Image Priority section select "Use both local and remote images." If you already have the artist/extrafanart folder setup, the downloaded images will be added to that directory.

And that brings caveat #1. The artist/extrafanart directory must already exist and there must be at least one image in the extrafanart directory. If both these things are not true, the images will be downloaded to the default cache directory. Caveat #2 is that the images are stored as .tbn files. That's fine for artist slideshow, but I'm not sure what will happen if you try and use those images in other parts of the skin. I think it will be fine, but I've never tried it.
(2012-03-11, 01:35)pkscuot Wrote: (...) The artist/extrafanart directory must already exist and there must be at least one image in the extrafanart directory. If both these things are not true, the images will be downloaded to the default cache directory. (...)

Thanks for your answer

Sad It's a shame.

Many of my artists have no extrafanart (CDart MAnager plugin does not find any pictures) while this script (Artist Slideshow) displays many images for these artists.
I thought that progressively, I could fill my empty extrafanart folders.

Perhaps in a future release Blush

(2012-03-12, 17:50)mardup Wrote: Many of my artists have no extrafanart (CDart MAnager plugin does not find any pictures) while this script (Artist Slideshow) displays many images for these artists.
I thought that progressively, I could fill my empty extrafanart folders.

You can do this manually. The cached files are stored in userdata/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow. The directory names are hashed, but you can look at the images to see which artist is in what folder. Copy the tbn files to a new extrafanart directory and rename them as .jpg files.

It is unlikely that doing this automatically will be added. The names of the folders and files are hashed, I suspect, to avoid problems with odd characters in artist names and platform specific characters not allowed in names. I can use an existing directory because I know the name of the directory must be OK because it exists.
@mardup

If you find quality images feel free to add them at http://fanart.tv so others can download them to using cdart manager
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Is there any way to limit the size of individual images? I ran WinDirStat the other day and noticed that I had several 30mb+ PNG files in the cache directory.

Thanks.
ok, thanks all for your answers !
(2012-03-13, 16:00)retro83 Wrote: Is there any way to limit the size of individual images? I ran WinDirStat the other day and noticed that I had several 30mb+ PNG files in the cache directory.

Not currently, but I can look into it. You can limit the overall size of the cache by going into the Advanced area of the settings.
Hi!
Just playing with you addon and I found it very nice! Really very beautifull!
I have a request, if possible : Can you have an option for playing a slideshow for images allready stored in the folder of each album? Playing images not stored in a single folder but the ones that exists in the folder of the album that plays in the moment. I have classical cd albums with scanned all the album art and images and these all are stored in each album's folder. I would like very much to see this images in a slideshow.
(2012-03-15, 01:26)sstavross Wrote: Just playing with you addon and I found it very nice! Really very beautifull!
I have a request, if possible : Can you have an option for playing a slideshow for images allready stored in the folder of each album? Playing images not stored in a single folder but the ones that exists in the folder of the album that plays in the moment. I have classical cd albums with scanned all the album art and images and these all are stored in each album's folder. I would like very much to see this images in a slideshow.

I'll look into it, but adding something like that will add to the complexity of the settings, and they are already about as complex as I think they can be without making the addon too hard to use. Besides, the addon is called Artist Slideshow. Tongue
@pkscuot

I've added code to see what track is playing and what album that track is on, then download album name and image..
But I'm not happy about how i made '_set_properties' work...
It should only be one name and one image... now it's in an array. (think that's what's it called?)

have a look in my GitHub

edit:
now I use this...
Code:
for count, item in enumerate( self.currentalbum ):
self.WINDOW.setProperty("ArtistSlideshow.%d.currentAlbumName" % ( count + 1 ), item[0])
self.WINDOW.setProperty("ArtistSlideshow.%d.currentAlbumThumb" % ( count + 1 ), item[1])

but would like to have it like this...
Code:
self.WINDOW.setProperty("ArtistSlideshow.CurrentAlbumName", self.currentalbum[0,0])
self.WINDOW.setProperty("ArtistSlideshow.CurrentAlbumThumb", self.currentalbum[0,1])

but I don't know how to write the code...??
(2012-03-15, 03:57)pkscuot Wrote:
(2012-03-15, 01:26)sstavross Wrote: Just playing with you addon and I found it very nice! Really very beautifull!

I'll look into it, but adding something like that will add to the complexity of the settings, and they are already about as complex as I think they can be without making the addon too hard to use. Besides, the addon is called Artist Slideshow. Tongue

Smile Well, you can make a new addon called "Folder Slideshow"! Smile

Anyway, I don't think it adds to the complexity of the setting. I agree it is not artist slideshow, but sometimes it is ok if we are not accurate... But I think that a lot of pepole would like this feature too! If you have time take a look at it...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration)5