Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What are your go to add ons and skins?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So new to using Kodi/xbmc and was wondering what's your go to add ons that you love to use and can't live without. I've fallen I love with the few features I've found on Aeon Nox but haven't used it too much since I'm just adding all my movies right now.

So tell me what add on you love to use. I don't have any yet.
Skin : Aeon MQ5

Addon : Last FM Playlist generator.
PseudoTV Live
Advanced Launcher
(2014-09-12, 20:13)black_eagle Wrote: [ -> ]Skin : Aeon MQ5

Addon : Last FM Playlist generator.

mq5 user here! was not aware this add-on existed. I regularly use the last.fm channel via PseudoTV Live.
Ah, this takes a track you play, looks on last.fm for something similar, then adds that to your playlist, but from YOUR music collection. Kind of a smart party mode. Given my music collection of over 23000 tracks it can really dig into the corners and play stuff I forgot I even had !!
Although I don't think it's necessarily the best looking, I use T! because it does what I want with regards to adding custom menu items in a nice, user friendly way, so I generally stick to T! for the most part.

I spent a long time on Bello...I think it's the best looking, but lack of mouse support became an issue so I had to move away from that.

As for add-ons, I don't really use that many to be honest, well...not 'up-front' ones, but I suppose I use the HD Trailers add-on more than anything else. I do need to have a look at Pseudo TV though, I like the sound of that one.
Skin: Conq - love its simplicity
Addons: trakt & iplayer - the only 2 addons I use!
Skin: Confluence, probably for obvious reasons.

Addons: YouTube, YouTube Channels, roosterteeth, and MLBMC
Skin: Eminence
Addons: Google Music, PutpatTV, 4Players (DE), GiantBomb, Mediatheken (DE)
My current skin: Amber (then I throw in the Confluence blue bubble background for some nice blue/gold balance)
Very basic options, nothing fancy.

My current PVR setup: Simple IPTV

Video add-ons: NetfliXBMC, Crunchyroll, Southpark.de, NASA, Pseudo TV Live, Lazy TV, Dbmc (Dropbox), some others I can't remember at the moment...

Program add-ons: Transmission, XBMC Log uploader, LCDProc, XBMC Backup (set to automatically backup all my settings at least once a month to my NAS)

Other add-ons I like but don't use often: Keymap editor (great if you don't want to manually edit your keymap XML files. MCE users should also check out the MCERemote add-on), the FLIRC configuration add-on, Video Extras (I just don't have many extras), XBMC Library Auto Update, XBMC File Cleaner, Cinema Experience, Trakt (and a nod to ShareThe.TV and MyEpisodes), iPhoto, Next Aired, XBMC Unpause Jumpback, XBMC Check Previous Episode, AutoSubs

Add-ons that look great but I haven't had much time using them: Chrome Launcher, Advanced Launcher ROM Collection Browser, XBMB3C (Media Browser integration), PleXBMC (for those of you who use Plex. I don't :P ), IrcChat, Last episode

Scrapers (other than defaults, which I normally use): XEM, Scrudlee's AniDB mod, Universal Movie Scraper

Music add-ons: Pandroa,

Screensavers: Nyancat, Trailer Screensaver Service

Web interface: XWMM, Chorus
I just switched to the EMINENCE skin, but I don't know how to enable any plugins. I have nothing to watch at all now, but if I switch back to the normal kodi skin, i have all my stuff. am i doing something wrong?
(2014-09-16, 20:12)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]Skin: Eminence
Addons: Google Music, PutpatTV, 4Players (DE), GiantBomb, Mediatheken (DE)

i can't seem to get any addons working. how do i access them? using eminence
Eminence has two ways to access the addons - one is via the video/movies hub from which you go to "files" and form the to add-ons or simply go to the add-ons main menu which lists all video addons at least. Music addons can for now only be accessed via the music hub or by creating your own shortcut on the main menu. I personally added a link to the only music add-on I use (google music) directly to the home menu.
Skin: Transparency
Addon: Last.fm Playlist Generator - hope this never breaks
Pages: 1 2