Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Music Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=303)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists (/showthread.php?tid=132623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - mystiqu - 2013-03-27

Sweet - thanks

//Mike

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Araldwenn - 2013-03-31

I've got some problems with artist "P!nk". Seems can't find her, neither using "Pink". I have to use her real name (Alecia Beth Moore) to find her manually. Any idea ?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - edbean - 2013-04-03

First of all, thank you for the universal scraper, it really enriches my xbmc experience!

I have a similar problem to Araldwenn. After searching on the forums, I did find that someone else had the same problem, but the only work around was to rescan for artist information and manually enter "P!nk" with the quotation marks which will then work successfully. For me, this only happens in the artists scraper: the album scraper is unaffected by this change.

In general, any symbols/punctuation at all in the filename / song title seems to cause a problem, including ampersands, commas, apostrophes and full stops. Have I missed a more general solution somewhere on the forum (if so, apologies for cluttering it up!)?

Thanks,

Ed

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - rridder - 2013-04-04

I have the same problem, the search doesn't recognize characters like that. Same with beyonce.

But also have something else.
I just did a clean install of xbmc and remove all the userdata because my artist scraper was not working after the update of frodo. Had to do everything manually and didn't want to do that.

Now everything does his job, only i have a lot of artist that get the information and thumbnail of "Johann Sebastian Bach", "Ludwig van Beethoven" and some other famous oldies. I have hundreds of them. This mostly happens with artist that are together with other artist. So i have to manually search for the artist information again and of those oldies names are always on top.

Anyone knows or has the same problem?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - edbean - 2013-04-04

I have the same problem rridder. Yes - more recently, many of the artists with punctuation problems and missing images have started show up with Bach (haven't seen Beethoven yet). Maybe we should be listening to more classical music...?

I've also seen the same behaviour when manually searching.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Pankookis - 2013-04-19

I have a problem which people seemed to have about a year ago.
When I update my library it stoppes at specific artists and then an endless fallback loop occurs, at least I think so.

Now it stoppes at "John Frusciante", the cpu goes way up and after about 10 seconds or so it crashes. Yesterday it stopped and crashedat the artist/band "James" and if i removed that folder it continued untill Frusciante.

I spent nearly all day yesterday retagging my music with Musicbrainz Picard so CDArt Manager would function more properly. Used Gifties guide to Picard so it's frustrating when it doesn't work. ^^

Heres my debug log. https://www.dropbox.com/s/4d5b5uj76hu7bt7/xbmc.old.log

It was to big for Pastebin

Thanks!

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - iheartnerdz - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-04, 15:51)rridder Wrote: I have the same problem, the search doesn't recognize characters like that. Same with beyonce.

But also have something else.
I just did a clean install of xbmc and remove all the userdata because my artist scraper was not working after the update of frodo. Had to do everything manually and didn't want to do that.

Now everything does his job, only i have a lot of artist that get the information and thumbnail of "Johann Sebastian Bach", "Ludwig van Beethoven" and some other famous oldies. I have hundreds of them. This mostly happens with artist that are together with other artist. So i have to manually search for the artist information again and of those oldies names are always on top.

Anyone knows or has the same problem?

Have you checked the tags in your music files?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 10:35)Pankookis Wrote: I have a problem which people seemed to have about a year ago.
When I update my library it stoppes at specific artists and then an endless fallback loop occurs, at least I think so.

Now it stoppes at "John Frusciante", the cpu goes way up and after about 10 seconds or so it crashes. Yesterday it stopped and crashedat the artist/band "James" and if i removed that folder it continued untill Frusciante.

I spent nearly all day yesterday retagging my music with Musicbrainz Picard so CDArt Manager would function more properly. Used Gifties guide to Picard so it's frustrating when it doesn't work. ^^

Thanks!

I have no idea why anything has to be frustrating if you used Giftie's guide.
When you use words like frustrating, then you give the impression that this MUST work what is a bit tough articulation in an opensource world.

Other than that, I am surprised you don't have a clue about how the endless fallback loop could occured on your side, because if I am not mistaken it was you personally who configured artist bio to be scraped from theaudiodb.com and fallback bio to be scraped from theaudiodb.com as well. Is it not a call for an endless loop?

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Pankookis - 2013-04-19

(2013-04-19, 18:28)olympia Wrote:
(2013-04-19, 10:35)Pankookis Wrote: I have a problem which people seemed to have about a year ago.

Thanks!

I have no idea why anything has to be frustrating if you used Giftie's guide.
When you use words like frustrating, then you give the impression that this MUST work what is a bit tough articulation in an opensource world.

Other than that, I am surprised you don't have a clue about how the endless fallback loop could occured on your side, because if I am not mistaken it was you personally who configured artist bio to be scraped from theaudiodb.com and fallback bio to be scraped from theaudiodb.com as well. Is it not a call for an endless loop?

I'm sorry. It's hard to express sarkasm (not the word I'm looking for but it will do) through text. Didn't mean to sound like a greedy bitch.

Well, the thing is that I have no fallback marked in the options and I've tried the default settings as well. But I'm doing a complete reinstall of my system becuase I've had other problems as well.

Once again, sorry that I came of as a douche.

Nice weekend!

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - daanwillems - 2013-04-20

Another universal artist scraper/music library question.
It would be good if the scraper would also consider the theaudiodb.com 'alternate name' bio field to find a match.
This is particularly useful for artists with non western encoded (say: asian) names.
For example: 나윤선 / Youn Sun Nah / http://www.theaudiodb.com/artist/%EB%82%98%EC%9C%A4%EC%84%A0

Another idea would be to support Artist.nfo files with direct links to the related profile.

Currently, I have no clue how to properly scrape these artists without changing the tags of the files to (in the example) Asian characters.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - zag - 2013-04-20

You should be able to put the MusicBrainz link in an nfo file.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - daanwillems - 2013-04-20

For the forementioned arist I tried a Artist.nfo containing just:

http://musicbrainz.org/artist/79de65f4-4f6e-4118-9f1d-87787d15d247

I put this in both the artist and the album folders (my folder structure is: /arist/album/) but the scraper doesn't pick it up when I press refresh. Bio remains empty.

To be clear; the files are tagged with the western name 'Youn Sun Nah' as artist. Also the /artist/ folder is called that.

Edit: from the debug log it appears that during a regular scrape (not counting on .nfo) musicbrainz thinks I am looking for 'Youn Sun Nah 5tet':
http://musicbrainz.org/search?query=youn+sun+nah&type=artist&method=indexed
which is the wrong artist but scores higher, while it should be the second hit.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2013-04-21

For some reason musicbrainz doesn't return the proper artist at all on the search query.
(The scraper is querying the artists on the following way: http://search.musicbrainz.org/ws/2/artist/?fmt=xml&query=artist:"Youn%20Sun%20Nah"&limit=100

As a consequence of this, the only option is to use artist.nfo with the musicbrainz link what I've just tried and works perfectly at my side. Certainly this should go to the artist folder not the album folder (in the album folder there should be an album.nfo with the link pointing to an album not to the artist - as required).

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - daanwillems - 2013-04-21

Thank you for trying. I've once more added the artist.nfo with the musicbrainz link this morning and to my surprise it indeed just worked. This time I did this from my Linux HTPC box, while yesterday I was working from my Windows (7 x64) machine (shared MySQL library). Both run the same version of XBMC (12.1) and scraper (2.6.4), though. I will have to try from the Windows box later to confirm.

Edit: Seems to work from my Windows box too when I use 'artist.nfo'. When I change the filename to 'Artist.nfo' (what I used yesterday) it does not work. Seems the .nfo file naming is case sensitive.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - daanwillems - 2013-04-21

There is one other thing. When I trigger a music library update from any other client than the one that did the last music library update on, it starts loading the artists/albums detail by detail again ('Load media info from files'). If the update is done from the same client as the last update, it is fast and clean as expected. I can reproduce this problem among various clients (Windows/Linux/Android). It seems after updating the music library from a certain client, only that client is able to rescan fast and clean, all other clients 'start over' before becoming the fast/clean updatable client.

Just to make sure; the library content itself is alive and kicking from all clients.
All clients use the same xbmc nfs shares (nfs://192.168.0.X/etc.) for accessing the content and mysql server for the database info.

Not sure how to approach debugging this one, could use some pointers here.
In the xbmc.log I find entries like this on the client that is updating slow:

Linux:
Code:
DEBUG: DoScan Rescanning dir 'nfs://192.168.0.1/var/data/music/Amon Amarth/Amon Amarth - 1997 - Once Sent From the Golden Hall/' due to change

Windows:
Code:
DEBUG: MUSIC_INFO::CMusicInfoScanner::DoScan Rescanning dir 'nfs://192.168.0.1/var/data/music/Amon Amarth/Amon Amarth - 1997 - Once Sent From the Golden Hall/' due to change

The mentioned directory actually didn't change since the last update, it was just scanned from another client.

Obviously, being able to quickly do library updates from any client without have to 'rescan' from any other client afterwards is the desired situation.