Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] xbTweet - a Twitter Script for XBMC (notify your followers from XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=66060)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

- mr. kav - 2010-05-01

Sorry mate, but I have some OAuth issues at the moment. Please try to use plain auth and I hope to get a new version sorted shortly.

- ostfriesengott - 2010-05-01

how can I change that? There was no setup page...

- mr. kav - 2010-05-01

ostfriesengott Wrote:how can I change that? There was no setup page...

If you'll right click on the script, you should be able to see the settings options in the context menu.

Let me know if you still can't find it Smile

Found it - sorry, i had no mouse connected. Now I am trying to integrate it into Confluence. Don't like the option to post it automatically - status has to be manually updated. :-)

Thank you, everything works like a charme!

- sladflob - 2010-05-02

mr. kav Wrote:Let me know if you still can't find it Smile

I'm not the original poster but this seems to fit in with my problem...

I can't find the settings screen! I've tried right clicking on the plugin name but only get "Remove from favourites", "Show debug info" and "Delete" in the menu. Not sure what's going on. I'm using version 1.4 on Linux (Karmic) with XBMC 9.11. The other thing which I'm thinking might be a complication is that I'm using the Transparency! skin. Any idea what could be wrong?

Great plugin otherwise though, thanks for all your efforts.

- ostfriesengott - 2010-05-02

@sladflob: Try it with a mouse - press right button.

- mr. kav - 2010-05-02

sladflob Wrote:I'm not the original poster but this seems to fit in with my problem...

I can't find the settings screen! I've tried right clicking on the plugin name but only get "Remove from favourites", "Show debug info" and "Delete" in the menu. Not sure what's going on. I'm using version 1.4 on Linux (Karmic) with XBMC 9.11. The other thing which I'm thinking might be a complication is that I'm using the Transparency! skin. Any idea what could be wrong?

Great plugin otherwise though, thanks for all your efforts.

I think you might have placed the script in the plugins directory and that's what's causing the mess.
The script should be located under your scripts directory, you should then be able to operate it properly.

Let me know if you still can't get it working...

- sladflob - 2010-05-03

mr. kav Wrote:I think you might have placed the script in the plugins directory and that's what's causing the mess.

Nope, it's definitely under the scripts directory. I've tried placing it both in the top level "scripts" directory and also under "My Scripts" in case there was some kind of permission problem. Any other thoughts?

- Findarato - 2010-05-03

I keep getting the following error every time I try and run xbtweet. Any help would be nice.
Code:
21:25:04 T:3078584320 M:824770560 WARNING: CreateFile, successfuly opened </home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/skins/Default/media/smalltwitter.png> instead of </home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/skins/default/media/smalltwitter.png>
21:25:04 T:3078584320 M:824770560   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting ?
21:25:04 T:3078584320 M:824770560   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(?) failed

btw its .999beta

- mr. kav - 2010-05-03

sladflob Wrote:Nope, it's definitely under the scripts directory. I've tried placing it both in the top level "scripts" directory and also under "My Scripts" in case there was some kind of permission problem. Any other thoughts?

I just released version 1.0 to the SVN REPO Installer, do you mind giving it a go? The REPO script will ensure everything is installed properly.

- mr. kav - 2010-05-03

Findarato Wrote:I keep getting the following error every time I try and run xbtweet. Any help would be nice.
Code:
21:25:04 T:3078584320 M:824770560 WARNING: CreateFile, successfuly opened </home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/skins/Default/media/smalltwitter.png> instead of </home/xbmc/.xbmc/scripts/xbTweet/resources/skins/default/media/smalltwitter.png>
21:25:04 T:3078584320 M:824770560   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting ?
21:25:04 T:3078584320 M:824770560   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(?) failed

btw its .999beta

The error you're getting should affect the script in any way.
What is the error you're experiencing, do you get an error message on the screen?

[RELEASE] xbtweet - twitter for xbmc - mr. kav - 2010-05-03

xbtweet is a small script that works with your XBMC to tweet what you're playing and show your timeline.

Features
  • Auto startup and background run
  • Supports both OAuth and plain authentication with Twitter
  • Automatic tweets of what you're playing: movies, tv shows or music
  • Recieve your timeline notifications during playback, you choose how and when
  • Supports Proxy accounts, you can tweet to one account and get notifications for another
  • Integrates with Facebook.
  • Supports skin integration, you can click and tweet while watching a video or playing music
  • Keyboard/Controller integration, tweet with the press of a button
  • Fully customizable automatic tweets and tags.
  • Include bit.ly links for more information about what you're playing (imdb/thetvdb.com/last.fm)
  • Supports path exclusions of items from tweets, protect what you don't want to share with other Wink
  • Optimized Twitter API support
  • Supported languages: English, Danish, Dutch and Portuguese (Brazil).
Download
xbtweet is available via REPO SVN Installer, you can find it under xbmc-addons/scripts/xbtweet.
For beta versions and more information, you can check my blog.
You can always use the project's page for the latest versions.

Known Issues
The latest version does not include yet a translation for Swedish which was available for previous betas. If you want to help with translations, drop me a line.

Screen Shots
Use your controller or keyboard to type your own tweets while playing your media

Receive notifications while watching your movies or listening to your music

You can keep updated with your twitter friends during play

Credits
Thanks for all the help: blittan, gregtreble, antonio, peter, Christian and anyone else I forgot.

I hope you enjoy the script and I'd like very much to hear your feedback Smile

- sladflob - 2010-05-03

mr. kav Wrote:I just released version 1.0 to the SVN REPO Installer, do you mind giving it a go? The REPO script will ensure everything is installed properly.

OK, this is very embarrassing... I'd installed xTweet not xbTweet! I really don't know how that happened. So apologies for the confusion.

Anyway, I have installed version 1.0 off the website BUT now I have authentication problems.

Firstly, the OAuth link on the main xbTweet website seems to be broken: "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized."

So I tried setting plaintext autorisation. I set up my username/password in the preferences screen but when I start the plugin I get an error saying that although I've chosen plaintext authorisation it "cannot locate" my username and password. It then throws me back into the preferences screen, where my username and password are as I typed them. If I press ok, I get the same error message again and get thrown back into the preferences screen. And this continues forever until I manage to escape by some semi-random keypressing. I looked in the xbtweet directory in the xbmc script_data directory and the settings.xml file is there, and in it are my username and password as typed. To be sure, deleted the plugin and the settings.xml directory and tried again, this time setting the plaintext auth mode before running the plugin, but I get the same results.

I'm guessing the best solution will be to wait for the OAuth page to start working again?

- mr. kav - 2010-05-03

sladflob Wrote:OK, this is very embarrassing... I'd installed xTweet not xbTweet! I really don't know how that happened. So apologies for the confusion.
Smile

sladflob Wrote:So I tried setting plaintext autorisation. I set up my username/password in the preferences screen but when I start the plugin I get an error saying that although I've chosen plaintext authorisation it "cannot locate" my username and password. It then throws me back into the preferences screen, where my username and password are as I typed them. If I press ok, I get the same error message again and get thrown back into the preferences screen. And this continues forever until I manage to escape by some semi-random keypressing. I looked in the xbtweet directory in the xbmc script_data directory and the settings.xml file is there, and in it are my username and password as typed. To be sure, deleted the plugin and the settings.xml directory and tried again, this time setting the plaintext auth mode before running the plugin, but I get the same results.
BUG! Fixed now, you have a new version available on both SVN and the project page.

sladflob Wrote:I'm guessing the best solution will be to wait for the OAuth page to start working again?
It should be working now, give it a go. I forgot to replace the key/secret combo for Twitter.