Kodi Community Forum
WIP PseudoTV Skin - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Aeon Nox: Silvo (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=142)
+---- Thread: WIP PseudoTV Skin (/showthread.php?tid=157452)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: WIP PseudoTV Skin - tommymsw - 2013-03-07

Please don;t go with plain text for the channels. I think it's WAY cooler if people just end up making sure they have the logo's... and if they don't, then the fault lies on them. I mean, it's a little pain to get them, but they look cool and it sucks worse to get them all and then not be able to use them.

I mean, if you don;t have logo's you can just use one of the many other skins right? Can't this one be for people who have the logo's and clear art? Like if you want just a sweet skin? Otherwise, use the default?

Also... i think the "Argo" info looks the best so far. I really like the poster there, and the blue is a nice blue.

RE: WIP PseudoTV Skin - tman12 - 2013-03-07

Also, make sure you are certain that you actually have the clearart for the movie/show you are testing. I was surprised at the number of movies in my collection that don't have clearart. Of course you can always use artworkdownloader and give it a scan to make sure.

RE: WIP PseudoTV Skin - deletedpenguin - 2013-03-07

I'll be the first to admit I've been lazy adding logos to each channel. I'd prefer to have logo vs. plain text, just need to get my butt in gear.

I definitely do have the clear art downloaded for some of the movies that don't show up.

Yea, I think it could be happening on my system as well. There really isn't anything I can do about it though, the code is there and it's right. I'll look into it further this weekend.

RE: WIP PseudoTV Skin - Doctor3D - 2013-03-07

I'm liking it - I love the fade effect. I have a ton of custom logos, and many of those are too large for the GUI. (They overlap the previous\next channel)

For those with a similar problem, you can just go into the EPG xml and increase the size. I`ll probably just do that instead of resizing all my logo's.

Tman, nice work!

RE: WIP PseudoTV Skin - zepfan - 2013-03-07

(2013-03-06, 23:36)tman12 Wrote: If anyone looks into the actual coding, I know... I know.. it's REAL sloppy right now and there are some images that aren't being used as well. This is just a test and once I have a real release I will clean everything up.

I'm just getting a chance to run this now, but FYI Linux is case sensitive, I'll see if I can clean things up a bit.

RE: WIP PseudoTV Skin - SynthLover - 2013-03-07

@tman12 - my tv show/movie logo is only fixed on the item currently running. It doesn't change even if I scroll to different shows in the epg. Will this be incorporated in the final release or is it a bug.

(2013-03-07, 03:07)zepfan Wrote:
(2013-03-06, 23:36)tman12 Wrote: If anyone looks into the actual coding, I know... I know.. it's REAL sloppy right now and there are some images that aren't being used as well. This is just a test and once I have a real release I will clean everything up.

I'm just getting a chance to run this now, but FYI Linux is case sensitive, I'll see if I can clean things up a bit.

Wow, I did not realize that. That is a bit of a pain, thanks for looking at the code. Feel free to make any improvements or additions where you see fit, this is starting to get exhausting.

RE: WIP PseudoTV Skin - zepfan - 2013-03-07

(2013-03-07, 03:23)tman12 Wrote: Wow, I did not realize that. That is a bit of a pain, thanks for looking at the code. Feel free to make any improvements or additions where you see fit, this is starting to get exhausting.

Big Grin I know the feeling! Actually most of the skin doesn't work at all in linux. I'll take a look at what the cause is, and try to clean it up.

The only thing that does work is the EPG (icon/etc bottom right missing and some icons off) (http://i.imgur.com/nBlFioW.jpg)

I'll report back when I can!

It doesn't look too bad, probably just the case for the clearart that needs to be changed. I think that's the only thing missing, obviously the channel logo's need to be resized as well. I really hate the way the channel listing are setup, they have no good spacing setup. You can tell how I tried to compensate for that by leaving the end transparent and I threw in squares on the end to even it off. If you look at WMC it is so much more square and everything is even, I wish I could get that look but with different program times it makes it really difficult. I really like it but there is just a few things that I would like to be able to fix that I'm not sure can be fixed. I don't get why some skilled skinner/programmers don't get involved with this more. I guess they're busy with their skins lol.

RE: WIP PseudoTV Skin - rd1979 - 2013-03-07

Only just now tried this, and most of the issues I'm having have already been mentioned. All I'll say is I didn't expect the fade in, but I think its a little too slow. Maybe if it took half the time it'd work better.

Just release the channel "logo pack" with it. I mean you kind of already did right?

I just installed this and I agree that the "fade in" needs to be a little faster (but i do love it) and ALL of my channel logos are too big, but personally, I would rather just update them to yours that fit rather than lose the "logo" idea. This will be hard with me because my channels are NOT (ABC, HISTORY and so on) but are (60's, 70's, comedy, like that). But the skin is cooler than the logos. An also... Thank you for the time! Smile

I also miss the "timeline" line that went down the list on the "default" version.

Re: WIP PseudoTV Skin - Lunatixz - 2013-03-07

Nevermind

RE: WIP PseudoTV Skin - SynthLover - 2013-03-07

Why do my logos not appear at all. I tried many skins(aeon nox, avalon, refocus big, confluence) but the the logos do not show up at all in any of them.