Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2011-06-23

ekimneems Wrote:Is there a way for the unwatched indicator to not be displayed for TV shows that have 0 episodes?
You can disable or enable unwatched indicators in skin settings.

Herak Wrote:Is there a setting burried somewhere in an .xml file to adjust the level of the opacity of the background image and how much it allows the fan art to show through?
See IncludesAnimations.xml and search for the "transition_BG" include (around line 190). Lower the values displayed in green below:

Code:
<include name="transition_BG">        
        <animation type="WindowOpen" condition="Skin.HasSetting(FanartGlobal) | Skin.HasSetting(backgroundVideoGlobal)">
            <effect type="zoom" time="400" center="auto" start="160" end="100" tween="cubic" easing="out" reversible="false" />
            <effect type="fade" time="400" start="0" easing="out" end="100" reversible="false" />
        </animation>            
        <animation type="WindowClose" condition="Skin.HasSetting(FanartGlobal) | Skin.HasSetting(backgroundVideoGlobal)">
            <effect type="zoom" time="250" center="auto" start="100" end="160" tween="cubic" easing="in" reversible="false"/>
            <effect type="fade" time="250" start="100" easing="in" end="0" />
        </animation>
        <animation type="WindowOpen" condition="![Skin.HasSetting(FanartGlobal) | Skin.HasSetting(backgroundVideoGlobal)]">
            <effect type="zoom" time="400" center="auto" start="160" end="100" tween="cubic" easing="out" reversible="false" />
            <effect type="fade" time="400" start="0" easing="out" end="[color=green]94[/color]" reversible="false" />
        </animation>            
        <animation type="WindowClose" condition="![Skin.HasSetting(FanartGlobal) | Skin.HasSetting(backgroundVideoGlobal)]">
            <effect type="zoom" time="250" center="auto" start="100" end="160" tween="cubic" easing="in" reversible="false"/>
            <effect type="fade" time="250" start="[color=green]94[/color]" easing="in" end="0" />
        </animation>
    </include>

otcho Wrote:Hi Jeroen,

because i translated the german strings for 0.8.9.6, i'm committed to translate the new strings for 0.9.x as well. But i'm currently writing my bachelor thesis so my daily timeslot for pleasure is very small Wink

Hope you don't mind that there are no new german translations at the moment!
No worries, I appreciate the commitment Smile Real life comes first! Good luck on the thesis Smile

- Herak - 2011-06-25

Jeroen Wrote:You can disable or enable unwatched indicators in skin settings.

See IncludesAnimations.xml and search for the "transition_BG" include (around line 190). Lower the values displayed in green below:

That worked great, thanks. I knocked it down to 47 and it's almost exactly how i want it now. Keep up the great work!

- The-Boxhead - 2011-06-26

Great skin !

I have found something strange, this might have to do with a xbmc bug
or some nvidia settings on my linux build but i wanted to know if anyone else
has seen the problem.

When i first calibrated my video screen everything seemed ok bot when plaing
fullscreen videos and in xbmc itself.

However today i enabled a party mode for playing music. When the screen
switched to fullscreen viz all the refocus overlays seemed to have switched
and was no longer corectly alligned on the fullscreen. The info and menus was shifted to far down and to the left of the screen. When i exited fullscreen viz
and went back to xbmc the problem was still there, the allignment was still off. To fix this issue i had to reboot and everything seemed back to normal until i went into fullscren viz again. I can also fix the screen allignment error by playingback fullscreen video.

So something happens to the screen callibration when u use fullscreen visulazation.

Gonna see if i get the same problem with other skins...

EDIT#############3

Same problem on confluence so it's not the skin its something with my settings Smile

- Eoghlear - 2011-06-27

Jeroen,

I'm currently using the mario-sitz ppa. In combination with refocus it seems almost impossible to shutdown the machine from within xbmc. When choosing shutdown, it won't work.
In the skin confluence it does work.

minor bug?

- Doraemonn - 2011-06-27

Jeroen, As I previously raised the issue of performance on the ATV2, I thought it would only be fair to come back and report some tentative good news: After installing the latest official 10.0-9, the thumbnail and fanart loading issues seem to have gone. I'll keep using the skin from now on to see if they recur, but for the time being I could not be happier.

Incidentally, is there a way I can mod the xml files so that the extra hierarchy level between Home and, say, Movies or TV shows does not show when I back out of a section? I seem to remember it could be done by adding 'return' to some of the view window lines in the xml, but I can;t for the hell of me remember where or what file.

To be clear, I'd like the navigation to be

Home > Movies
Movies > Home

As opposed to the current

Home > Movies
Movies > Intermediate level (genre, title, etc.) > Video > Home.

Thanks,

D

- Jeroen - 2011-06-27

Doraemonn Wrote:After installing the latest official 10.0-9, the thumbnail and fanart loading issues seem to have gone. I'll keep using the skin from now on to see if they recur, but for the time being I could not be happier.
That's great news, I'm very happy to hear that Big Grin
I could just not get my head around what could have caused such a substantial performance hit. I have been working on optimizing code and textures anyway though, but cleaner code and possibly even better performance made it still worth it Wink Cheers for reporting back.

Quote:Incidentally, is there a way I can mod the xml files so that the extra hierarchy level between Home and, say, Movies or TV shows does not show when I back out of a section?

You'll need to look up the entry in HomeSubMenu.xml and indeed provide a return parameter to the onClick action, like for example:

<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles), return</onclick>

(no space after movietitles, the forum has a weird way of inserting a space there)

- Doraemonn - 2011-06-28

Jeroen Wrote:<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles), return</onclick>

Sorry do you mean

<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>

(note the position of the closing bracket)

- Jeroen - 2011-06-28

Doraemonn Wrote:Sorry do you mean

<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>

(note the position of the closing bracket)

oops, yes that's what i meant Smile

- Jeroen - 2011-06-29

Eoghlear Wrote:Jeroen,

I'm currently using the mario-sitz ppa. In combination with refocus it seems almost impossible to shutdown the machine from within xbmc. When choosing shutdown, it won't work.
In the skin confluence it does work.

minor bug?

Strange, it's working for me. I wonder if there's Linux specific things I have to take into account, I'll look into it, cheers

- Sranshaft - 2011-06-29

- Glitch with nightly: Just updated to the XBMCSetup-20110629-a401db7-master.exe nightly and I'm no longer seeing the paused / buffering bar when watching a video.

- Jeroen - 2011-06-29

Sranshaft Wrote:- Glitch with nightly: Just updated to the XBMCSetup-20110629-a401db7-master.exe nightly and I'm no longer seeing the paused / buffering bar when watching a video.

Confirmed, happens with other skins for me too. I'll look through the commits to see if there's any intended changes, but I think it's an xbmc bug.

- Jeroen - 2011-06-30

Sranshaft Wrote:- Glitch with nightly: Just updated to the XBMCSetup-20110629-a401db7-master.exe nightly and I'm no longer seeing the paused / buffering bar when watching a video.

A fix for this problem should make it's way to a nightly build soon:trac ticket

- Jeroen - 2011-07-01

It seems a change on reFocus' end was also needed for the seekbar to show up again.
Quick fix

- MrLobster - 2011-07-01

I've always had a few niggles with most skins, and reFocus unfortunately has a few too.

1) Scrolling up and down, goes through the list and rolls over once you hit the top and bottom. But left and right activates the views change etc.

I would like to have scrolling free on all sides, and have view change (and everything else) on the context menu. Just seems more natural to me.

- Sranshaft - 2011-07-02

Jeroen Wrote:It seems a change on reFocus' end was also needed for the seekbar to show up again.
Quick fix

Thanks for the quick fix mate. I'll update and test it out. Hopefully they fixed the issue with MPEG video as well. Big Grin