• 1(current)
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)
Brick 
Steadily moving towards what should finally be getting close to a 1.0 release, I present you reFocus 0.9.5. Official releases will be smaller and released quicker from now on, focusing on bug fixing instead of new features.

Some of the changes in this release include fixed and reworked weather support, support for the artwork downloader add-on, reworked watchlist support, improved library integration of the nextaired add-on and more improvements to home menu customization. Please see the build log for a partial changelog.

IMPORTANT Current development of reFocus is done on and for Eden XBMC builds only. It is not recommended to run reFocus 0.9.1 and up on Dharma (10.1). Please do not report issues encountered using reFocus on XBMC 10.1 or lower. Dharma users are advised to use the compatible reFocus 0.8.9.6

KNOWN ISSUES
  • Apart from Dutch, Korean, Polish and Spanish, translations are very outdated. Displayed text may not indicate true meaning.

DOWNLOAD
Download current version (0.9.5) here
Or install my repository add-on to receive updates automatically through XBMC.

INTRODUCTION AND SCREENSHOTS
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76954

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Please read

GOOD TO KNOW
-As much as I have enjoyed xbmc on my xbox I have moved on to an htpc. Development of reFocus is done on and for current hardware. As a result there is no xbox support. Maybe it will work ok, maybe it won't. I have not tested this.
-The same applies to 4:3 screens.
-Keeping all of the above in mind though, I encourage anyone to provide a mod that adresses these.
-reFocus is not finished. While it's mature enough to be used, rough edges still exist.
-reFocus´ PVR support is to be considered experimental
moved feature walkthrough here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=76954
Wow very nice Big Grin

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
I presume I cannot use this with the latest Official XBMC Live build? Without all the new addon stuff. Having troubles updating it. Sad

Could I just change the addon.xml to whatever it was before the change?
Your work is awesome.

I have a question: What weather fanart do we need to download?

And I have found a bug:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thank you for your work!
matt1697 Wrote:I presume I cannot use this with the latest Official XBMC Live build? Without all the new addon stuff. Having troubles updating it. Sad

Could I just change the addon.xml to whatever it was before the change?

I added the skin.xml from confluence. im on 28256 i think. The skin just crashed at any option and I had to delete it. Tried to update xbmc live but failed Sad ahh well I guess I just have to wait for the next stable xbmc release.
loving the skin!
a couple of things i've noticed:
the intial view for movies is a bit confusing - i thought the xbmc had crashed the first couple of times i went into it, until i hit right and realised it was the full screen fanart view...!
a pop up came up saying and add-on had been updated, but couldn't read it because the clock was in the way. speaking of the clock, it seems a bit wierd the way it looks different (better imo) when you actually go into movies/tv.
not keen on the pressing left to go back to the main menu after having clicked something - is there a way to have it recognise the back button to do that?
similar thing for when you're in in the library and hit back, i'm used to it taking you to the home screen, and if i want to see the order by genre/year etc screen, using ".." to get there...

just read all that back and realised it sounds kinda negative, it's not meant to
be - reFocus just became my default skin!
I'm absolutely amazed! It's beautiful Jeroen!

I feel the changes from one fanart to another in the Gallery view isn't as snappy as the rest of the skin but I've been living with Alaska not being snappy either Wink

I know you'll update it further and further so I'll keep my mouth SHUT (wow!) about requests (for now Wink
I agree, it is beautiful, btw @MaDDoGo which version of xbmc do you use?
Great looking skin!
Silly question-when i change to the skin in settings; it say the skin is not compatible (ver 2.10 rqd.)?
Assistance please.
Great work on the skin, it's simple, clean and effective at displaying relevant information. Besides seeming albeit quirky at times, I can't find anything really wrong with it.

The only recommendation I have is possibly transitioning the fanart slideshow or extending the transition time if there is a fade. Also a texture to diffuse fanart on the home menu would be nice as it can be overwhelming on the eyes.

Thanks for an amazing skin. Keep up the good work.
Looks good. But dosn't work on my setup.
Apple TV.
XMBC 31168.

Install skin. Load it. Crashes with Error 11 when trying to go into video's or skin settings. Tried everything including a freash install. Database cleaning etc.
I got to say I disagree with everyone. This skin is sooo basic it feels like I just modded my xbox. Even PM3 has better features and more flexability. The views are worthless to anyone with a collection greater than 100.

I am not surpised though, all skins are now catered to low end systems and people who want no eye candy or design. I will be the one to say it that I am pretty much asleep after putting this on my 65" inch 1080p.
ekim232 Wrote:I got to say I disagree with everyone. This skin is sooo basic it feels like I just modded my xbox. Even PM3 has better features and more flexability. The views are worthless to anyone with a collection greater than 100.

I am not surpised though, all skins are now catered to low end systems and people who want no eye candy or design. I will be the one to say it that I am pretty much asleep after putting this on my 65" inch 1080p.

I must say I totally agree with ekim232. Though I do appreciate all the hard work that the skinners and developers do.
ekim232 Wrote:I got to say I disagree with everyone. This skin is sooo basic it feels like I just modded my xbox. Even PM3 has better features and more flexability. The views are worthless to anyone with a collection greater than 100.

Ok I see your point, but I have to admit your skin Legacy Dark is too crowded and texture heavy for me (even though it looks quite good).
I really don't prefer this skin because i have a low end computer, mine is actually quite powerful, but I prefer simple skins because it lets me focus on the media itself.
So I guess after all it's a question of taste but I would never say that any skin looks specifically bad or is useless. So of course you can have your opinion but please don't tell me that something is useless in general just because of it.
BTW this is not meant as an offense towards you Big Grin

greetings D0nR0sa
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated)14