Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- ptaylor999 - 2011-10-13

On a different, yet previously broached subject:

Has anyone out there had the issue of their AV receiver constantly switching between HD-MA and PCM audio? Dolby True plays fine, but not HD-MA.

Sorry to bring this up again and I hate to beat a dead horse, but perhaps there is someone out there who is new to this thread and might have an idea or two for me.

Blu? Did you remember what it was you did to get yours working?

Thanks folks.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-13

steelman1991 Wrote:Rolleyes You certainly are. Ooops sorry......................

with all due respect.

I actually add quite a bit to the discussion, you moron. Why don't you let everybody know you gave me some kind of demerit because you acted like a dick? Hiding behind the internet like some kind of tough guy/XBMC know it all.

With people acting like you do, XBMC will always be a fringe product targeted towards only the geekiest of users (myself included) because of how unfriendly people like you make the discussions. So, kudos to you jackass.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-13

Please point us to the portion of this thread where somebody thanked YOU for your contributions to the discussion. I can't find it.

- bluray - 2011-10-13

ptaylor999 Wrote:On a different, yet previously broached subject:

Has anyone out there had the issue of their AV receiver constantly switching between HD-MA and PCM audio? Dolby True plays fine, but not HD-MA.

Sorry to bring this up again and I hate to beat a dead horse, but perhaps there is someone out there who is new to this thread and might have an idea or two for me.

Blu? Did you remember what it was you did to get yours working?

Thanks folks.
Sorry for the delay because I barely got back to United States soil from a short vacation in Toronto. It's a beautiful city but it's a little bit too crowded for me. The trip to Niagara fall is the best for the entire trip. If anyone haven't visit this natural wonder, I am highly suggest it.

To rule out video problem, can you do these:

1. Download- tsMuxer
2. Open tsMuxer GUI
3. Add bd movie file
4. Check "source file" with DTS-HD "codec" only, and un-check everything else
5. Select "M2ts Muxing" for "out put".
6. Click "Start muxing"
7. It'll take roughly 5 minutes to complete
8. Open XBMC from xbmc_hd_audio folder and playback the DTS-HD audio file you just muxed.
9. Verify your AVR display. If it is not switching between dts-ma and PCM with this audio file, the problem might be in XBMC video settings.

I hope that you can get to the bottom of it.

clubwerks Wrote:I actually add quite a bit to the discussion, you moron. Why don't you let everybody know you gave me some kind of demerit because you acted like a dick? Hiding behind the internet like some kind of tough guy/XBMC know it all.

With people acting like you do, XBMC will always be a fringe product targeted towards only the geekiest of users (myself included) because of how unfriendly people like you make the discussions. So, kudos to you jackass.

Don't fret, Club. Eventually steeldouche's parents will make him turn off his computer and he'll go to bed and make love to his cat.

bluray Wrote:Sorry for the delay because I barely got back to United States soil from a short vacation in Toronto. It's a beautiful city but it's a little bit too crowded for me. The trip to Niagara fall the best for the entire trip. If anyone haven't visit this natural wonder, I am highly suggest it.

To rule out video problem, can you do these:

1. Download- tsMuxer
2. Open tsMuxer GUI
3. Add bd movie file
4. Check "source file" with DTS-HD "codec" only, and un-check everything else
5. Select "M2ts Muxing" for "out put".
6. Click "Start muxing"
7. It'll take roughly 5 minutes to complete
8. Open XBMC from xbmc_hd_audio folder and playback the DTS-HD audio file you just muxed.
9. Verify your AVR display. If it is not switching between dts-ma and PCM with this audio file, the problem might be in XBMC video settings.

I hope that you can get to the bottom of it.

i'll give that a shot, Blu. Thanks again for the continued help.

And yer right, Niagra rocks!

- bluray - 2011-10-13

ptaylor999 Wrote:i'll give that a shot, Blu. Thanks again for the continued help.

And yer right, Niagra rocks!
it gave me similar feeling as grand canyon in arizona!

- deh2k7 - 2011-10-13

Blu - got my new system all up and running. Thanks for your help in putting together this thread and answering all kinds of random questions!

Went with i3 2120 + Radeon 6570 combo, things seem to be working great so far. Any idea if we could get the AE branch merged into a more recent build of Eden?

- bluray - 2011-10-13

deh2k7 Wrote:Blu - got my new system all up and running. Thanks for your help in putting together this thread and answering all kinds of random questions!

Went with i3 2120 + Radeon 6570 combo, things seem to be working great so far. Any idea if we could get the AE branch merged into a more recent build of Eden?
You're welcome! i3+HD6570 is one of my favorite combination. The GUI must be very sleek and fast with that i3, and the playback must be very smooth with that HD6570, right?

It's up to the developer to merge it. I'm not sure why they haven't done it. The developer is properly not a big fan of DTS-HD and TrueHD. If I am a developer, the minimum spec will be DTS-HD and TrueHD capable!Laugh

- deh2k7 - 2011-10-14

bluray Wrote:You're welcome! i3+HD6570 is one of my favorite combination. The GUI must be very sleek and fast with that i3, and the playback must be very smooth with that HD6570, right?

It's up to the developer to merge it. I'm not sure why they haven't done it. The developer is properly not a big fan of DTS-HD and TrueHD. If I am a developer, the minimum spec will be DTS-HD and TrueHD capable!Laugh

The PC is blazing fast, and XBMC is very smooth. I forgot to mention I also have Kingston HyperX memory (it was only $10 more than the value memory) and a Corsair Nova SSD HD. I was playing with Darma and Aeon Nox with all the bells and whistles enabled and everything was still silky smooth. All of my media is streamed from a media server, and I have a library of about 4500 TV show episodes, 1500 movies, and 10000 music files.

I had some stuttering and hiccups with HD Audio initially, but I changed my power settings to use the 'Performance' option and all the XBMC setting to sync the video to the display. Those two settings seemed to have resolved my hiccups and audio dropouts. My HD videos are full BRD backups, no compression.

Maybe a nice developer who's following this thread might be willing to take a crack at merging one of the October builds with the AE HD Audio branch.

- bluray - 2011-10-14

deh2k7 Wrote:My HD videos are full BRD backups, no compression..
that is the way to go...i backup everything into iso files...it is as good as original bd.

deh2k7 Wrote:Maybe a nice developer who's following this thread might be willing to take a crack at merging one of the October builds with the AE HD Audio branch.
i doubt it...and i'm not sure why either.

hey, i'm glad that you enjoy your new toy!

- Resseh - 2011-10-17

After trying to get Bluray ISOs to worth with the Live version on my Acer Revo - I gave up and brought my PC out of retirement and put the Windows version of XBMC following your guide.... within 30 minutes it was all working Smile Nice and easy so many thanks Smile

Unfortunatly I went for budget components on that PC and its so big and noisey that it doesnt make a very good HTPC. Sad

- bluray - 2011-10-17

Resseh Wrote:After trying to get Bluray ISOs to worth with the Live version on my Acer Revo - I gave up and brought my PC out of retirement and put the Windows version of XBMC following your guide.... within 30 minutes it was all working Smile Nice and easy so many thanks Smile(
there is nothing easier than windows, and i'm glad it work out for you!

Resseh Wrote:Unfortunatly I went for budget components on that PC and its so big and noisey that it doesnt make a very good HTPC. Sad
what form factor is your mobo? you can always transfer it to a smaller and quieter fan.

Does this really work? - makromorphago - 2011-10-17

Hey Blu!
When I tried out your pre-Eden HD Audio version and started a BD from my ROM, XBMC told me, that it coud not open it. Is it really true, that it natively plays BD, and I mean Bluray Discs, not Iso or what so ever.
Because I would love that to work. Maybe I did something wrong then, so I could come back to you for help!
Thx

- clubwerks - 2011-10-19

Hey, bluray, have you run across this problem yet? I have four movies, basically the Jack Ryan series of Tom Clancy movies. All with DTS audio. They all play fine on nightlies, but on this version, the audio has horrible stuttering, choppiness, static. Hard to describe. The video is perfect. Like I said, they play perfectly on nightlies. I went ahead and ripped The Hunt for Red October with TrueHD and that works fine as well on this version. They're the only four movies that I've ever had problems with, I find it odd that they are from the same series. All four are mkvs with DTS, all around 10-12 GB. Good releases.