Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- bluray - 2011-11-07

forall Wrote:Hi,

I have question about xbmc_hd_audio vs this version xbmc: XBMCSetup-20111106-c68ef0b-master.exe from yesterday, why on this newest I don't have all options with DTS? I see only one options DTS?
xbmc_hd_audio is it special version, is it compiled with special options?
there is no other xbmc other pre-eden(whic is xbmc_hd_audio in my link) has dts-hd and truehd audio options.

- forall - 2011-11-08

bluray Wrote:there is no other xbmc other pre-eden(whic is xbmc_hd_audio in my link) has dts-hd and truehd audio options.

@blueray - Ok I understand, but when I run this version XBMCSetup-20111106-c68ef0b-master.exe I don't see truehd option. I only see one option DTS.
When I run xbmc from your link I have more options about DTS ( e.g LPCM, TrueHD/DTS-HD / as in the third photo on this link http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=479.0). I am wondering what is wrong? Your xbmc version from July, my newest version is from November and it doesn't contain TrueHD audio option.

- bluray - 2011-11-08

forall Wrote:@blueray - Ok I understand, but when I run this version XBMCSetup-20111106-c68ef0b-master.exe I don't see truehd option. I only see one option DTS.
let me repeat- regardless of how new xbmc version you have, there is no xbmc with dts-hd and truehd other than pre-eden.

forall Wrote:When I run xbmc from your link I have more options about DTS ( e.g LPCM, TrueHD/DTS-HD / as in the third photo on this link http://voxcommando.com/forum/index.php?topic=479.0). I am wondering what is wrong? Your xbmc version from July, my newest version is from November and it doesn't contain TrueHD audio option.
the only way to get dts-hd and truehd options is to use pre-eden in my link.

- forall - 2011-11-08

bluray Wrote:let me repeat- regardless of how new xbmc version you have, there is no xbmc with dts-hd and truehd other than pre-eden.

the only way to get dts-hd and truehd options is to use pre-eden in my link.

Ok, now I understand. Does you have a newer version, because from this link http://www.2shared.com/file/AyTBC-XM/xbmc_hd_audio.html file is from August 5 and sometime when I stops a movie, xbmc is freezing

- ptaylor999 - 2011-11-08

Hi Bluray. It's me again.

Still haven't managed to get the hd-ma sound to play through xbmc like you say it can. it still switches constantly between hd-ma and dts, with no sound at all. And in the process of trying to make it work I've lost TrueHD in every player. Sooooo ...

... I'm going to try a new approach. I'm soon going to reinstall windows from scratch, including wiping my C drive. My plan is to start fresh with the goal of making your plan work. I want to ONLY install what is absolutely necessary to achieve this goal. Currently I have every audio and video codec and filter under the sun installed as I was a noobie and was trying different things. It's a bit of a mess. I have since determined exactly how I want my movies to play and what format I want to use. The plan is to have a 100% .iso movie library that plays through your version of XBMC. But I have some questions:

- I'm running an Intel HD Audio setup (Core i5). Will I need to install any filters or extra codecs in addition to the Intel HD drivers to get HD audio to play from XBMC as per your plan? I don't feel I need the Realtek drivers as my Intel drivers should cover it. Any advice here?
- Will your xbmc_hd_audio mount iso files? Or do I still need Virtual Clone?

So, just so we're clear, my initial plan is to reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate, install the Intel Drivers, install XBMC Dharma 10.1, and then run XBMC from the xbmc_hd_audio folder, as per your instructions. Simple and straight forward. Am I missing anything?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

- bluray - 2011-11-09

forall Wrote:Ok, now I understand. Does you have a newer version, because from this link http://www.2shared.com/file/AyTBC-XM/xbmc_hd_audio.html file is from August 5 and sometime when I stops a movie, xbmc is freezing
I thought that you understood. There is no other version of XBMC with DTS-HD and TrueHD other than the version in my link. I linked it in August, but it's the July version of Pre-Eden.

Are all your drivers up to date? You can try to change the power option in control panel to "high performance".

- bluray - 2011-11-09

ptaylor999 Wrote:Hi Bluray. It's me again.

Still haven't managed to get the hd-ma sound to play through xbmc like you say it can. it still switches constantly between hd-ma and dts, with no sound at all. And in the process of trying to make it work I've lost TrueHD in every player. Sooooo ...
Sorry to read all your troubles. If I remember you correctly, you have Pioneer AVR, right? I believe that it have something to with Pre-Eden and Pioneer. Everyone with Pioneer AVR have the same problem as you when playback DTS-HD, but with other AVR seems to be fine.

ptaylor999 Wrote:... I'm going to try a new approach. I'm soon going to reinstall windows from scratch, including wiping my C drive. My plan is to start fresh with the goal of making your plan work. I want to ONLY install what is absolutely necessary to achieve this goal. Currently I have every audio and video codec and filter under the sun installed as I was a noobie and was trying different things. It's a bit of a mess. I have since determined exactly how I want my movies to play and what format I want to use. The plan is to have a 100% .iso movie library that plays through your version of XBMC. But I have some questions:
When in doubt, it might be the best idea to wipe it clean. If you use this PC for HPTC only, I'm recommending to turn off all the auto update option and turn off all the auto play options.

ptaylor999 Wrote:- I'm running an Intel HD Audio setup (Core i5). Will I need to install any filters or extra codecs in addition to the Intel HD drivers to get HD audio to play from XBMC as per your plan? I don't feel I need the Realtek drivers as my Intel drivers should cover it. Any advice here?
I'm not familiar with Intel iGPU, but you can always update the latest driver from their website.

ptaylor999 Wrote:- Will your xbmc_hd_audio mount iso files? Or do I still need Virtual Clone?
If you follow my guide, you don't need it.

ptaylor999 Wrote:So, just so we're clear, my initial plan is to reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate, install the Intel Drivers, install XBMC Dharma 10.1, and then run XBMC from the xbmc_hd_audio folder, as per your instructions. Simple and straight forward. Am I missing anything?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Instead of install Dharma 10.1, you can do as I did in post #344.

- flyingernst - 2011-11-09

Oh....i never used pre-eden. I always used dharma 10.1 or nightly biulds in one folder and your hd-audio-version in another folder. Will try now to use pre-eden from'your link.

- flyingernst - 2011-11-11

ah, changed nothing Smile

- elecga - 2011-11-11

Hey bluray,

Thanks for your tips on getting true-hd and dts-ma working until official eden comes out!

I had a question about the step of installing either Dharma 10.1 or as you said in post 344, you can install the eden version you posted.

Is there any reason why I can't install the official nightlies instead of the one you linked to? As long as I launch xbmc from the hd audio folder?

- bluray - 2011-11-11

elecga Wrote:Hey bluray,

Thanks for your tips on getting true-hd and dts-ma working until official eden comes out!

I had a question about the step of installing either Dharma 10.1 or as you said in post 344, you can install the eden version you posted.

Is there any reason why I can't install the official nightlies instead of the one you linked to? As long as I launch xbmc from the hd audio folder?
i don't see why not, but i never test it with nightlies. i know for sure it works with dharma 10.1 and post 344.

you can try it with nightlies. if doesn't work, you can always try the other two versions in my posts.

- Sailfast - 2011-11-11

Thanks a lot for this excellent guide bluray!

I had no problems setting it up and finally I got the DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD lights to shine up on my Onkyo 606. Big thanks!

I'm using a nightly build of XBMC by the way.

- bluray - 2011-11-11

Sailfast Wrote:Thanks a lot for this excellent guide bluray!

I had no problems setting it up and finally I got the DTS-HD and Dolby TrueHD lights to shine up on my Onkyo 606. Big thanks!

I'm using a nightly build of XBMC by the way.
congratulation and enjoy it!

- Parker_Payne - 2011-11-17

@bluray
First I want to say "thank you" for the outlook on the potential future of xbmc. Laugh

Are there any plans from your side to update to a more recent nightly pre-eden version? I ask as some updates were incorporated in the latest pre-eden that seem very necessary to me (e.g. working wheather or some skins that need a pre-eden version later than yours)

Regards

- bluray - 2011-11-17

Parker_Payne Wrote:@bluray
First I want to say "thank you" for the outlook on the potential future of xbmc. Laugh

Are there any plans from your side to update to a more recent nightly pre-eden version? I ask as some updates were incorporated in the latest pre-eden that seem very necessary to me (e.g. working wheather or some skins that need a pre-eden version later than yours)

Regards
unfortunately, i don't see any action in xbmc roadmap for the next 2yrs.

roadmap