Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-07

Replay to post 463.
Sorry for misunderstanding me, but at that moment I was talking about DVD ISO.

But, I have downloaded a new blue ray and the index.bdmv worked there. In file mode.
And I have deleted XBMC all the way, with regedit and all.
I downloaded Xbmc 10.1, and the zipped Xbmc. Not installed the 10.1 but it works, without
installing the 10.1. (if that's right, way download it?)

But I get stuttering in the sound, the video is really fine. I use dxva2, if I remember right. Not in front of pc right now.

- bluray - 2011-12-07

pettergulbra Wrote:Replay to post 463.
Sorry for misunderstanding me, but at that moment I was talking about DVD ISO.

But, I have downloaded a new blue ray and the index.bdmv worked there. In file mode.
And I have deleted XBMC all the way, with regedit and all.
I downloaded Xbmc 10.1, and the zipped Xbmc. Not installed the 10.1 but it works, without
installing the 10.1. (if that's right, way download it?)

But I get stuttering in the sound, the video is really fine. I use dxva2, if I remember right. Not in front of pc right now.
Have you try to select different power option in w7 control panel? My AsRock E350M1 with GT430 had audio dropout problem with "AsRock Instand Boot and Balance" power options. It seems to work fine with "high performance" power option.

- DDDamian - 2011-12-07

PatrickBateman Wrote:Hey 3D,

Yea I completely agree with everything mentioned in your post Nod

I'm sure we will have a working version of this in 6 months, as it's a huge step forward to xbmc, and is most definetly required for the future development of xbmc (IMO) so it will hopefully come out sooner rather than later Smile

Your very welcome for the build, i've set up a job to compile and upload automatically when commits are entered on gnifs page, so I'll post them in here for you guys to test out and see how they work for you etc...

Cheers,
Pat~

@pat - Thx man. Between the AE branch and gnif's github page I think I'm stalking lol. Laugh Can't wait...

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-07

I have now changed the power options, no help.
I looks like it changing between DTS-HD and DTS.
Could it be the files?

This is what BD info says:
DTS-HD Master Audio English 0 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS Audio French 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio German 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio Russian 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
Dolby Digital Audio English 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio Ukrainian 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio English 224 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 224 kbps

- bluray - 2011-12-08

pettergulbra Wrote:I have now changed the power options, no help.
I looks like it changing between DTS-HD and DTS.
Could it be the files?

This is what BD info says:
DTS-HD Master Audio English 0 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS Audio French 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio German 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio Russian 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
Dolby Digital Audio English 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps / DN -4dB
Dolby Digital Audio Ukrainian 448 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 448 kbps
Dolby Digital Audio English 224 kbps 2.0 / 48 kHz / 224 kbps
The file looks fine. If you want to remove the other audio codecs other than DTS-HD, you can use TSMuxer to remove it. Did you select Nvidia HDMI output and configure it to "stereo" in W7 control panel?

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-08

steelman1991 Wrote:No need mate - the file downloads perfectly well from the site you linked to - hardly your fault that users can't follow simple instructions - perhaps if you wrapped it up in a 10 point action plan some might be able to find the correct download location Laugh.

Laugh

I love the fact that for a file that's so difficult to download, it seems to have had enough of downloads!
Yet only you and DDD said have bothered to say thanks and/or report back with any findings Wink

I tested it and although it works, it's just not redy for me yet... I use the features and plugins of Eden far more than HD Audio.

I'm still waiting on bluray to say thanks too... and an apology... Wink c'mon bluray it's Christmas... You have to be nice! Jesus won't be happy with you for making me feel sad Sad

- DDDamian - 2011-12-08

heh heh heh Laugh I followed your link and found it fine - it's exactly the same as the last build I did as well.

I'm more an audio guy than a movie guy (although I have plenty of each) but I'm just chomping at the bit to get high-def audio in XBMC. Not so much TrueHD and DTS-MA (although they'll be nice). I have a large and growing collection of SACD and DVDA rips as well as many 24/96 LP rips.

Right now I bounce between XBMC and Foobar depending on whether I'm playing MP3's or higher-def stuff. XBMC is about the slickest front-end out there, and if we get AE, binary-addons (like Foobar for different input streams, DSP, etc) and an easily workable SQL back-end then XBMC is just gonna kick ass!!

On another note, it's a big sandbox, hope we all get along lol.

- bluray - 2011-12-08

PatrickBateman Wrote:I tested it and although it works, it's just not redy for me yet... I use the features and plugins of Eden far more than HD Audio.
Why not? Are you having problem with bitstreaming when using it?

PatrickBateman Wrote:I'm still waiting on bluray to say thanks too... and an apology... Wink c'mon bluray it's Christmas... You have to be nice! Jesus won't be happy with you for making me feel sad Sad
If I cannot download it, I cannot try it and I cannot thank you! Smile

When I clicked your link, this is what I got:

When I clicked download yesterday, it took me to this link:

When I clicked download today, it took me to this link:

Is your download link not working with Google Chrome?

- DDDamian - 2011-12-08

@bluray - just below your first screenie (right where u covered it up) it says "Click here to start download from Sendspace" with a little harddrive icon. It will start your download. Yes it will ask if you want ILivid as well (it's benign and just like JDowloader).

I had more success with Wanilton's build from July 15th (gnif broke a few things in his continued work). If you go to the AudioEngine thread I posted a link to that Windows build - it's on the last page or two.....

Anything else is baiting man.

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-08

PatrickBateman Wrote:Laugh

I love the fact that for a file that's so difficult to download, it seems to have had enough of downloads!
Yet only you and DDD said have bothered to say thanks and/or report back with any findings Wink

I tested it and although it works, it's just not redy for me yet... I use the features and plugins of Eden far more than HD Audio.

I'm still waiting on bluray to say thanks too... and an apology... Wink c'mon bluray it's Christmas... You have to be nice! Jesus won't be happy with you for making me feel sad Sad
Thanks Patrick, but not playing nicely with me either (and did I say I don't have a Pioneer receiver - its an Onkyo Laugh) - HD Audio is certainly no where near ready in this condition.

Thanks again

- pettergulbra - 2011-12-08

blu:
Thanks for very great help! :-)
But I still don`t get smooth sound. It changes very quick between DTS-HD and DTS.
It looks like it is worst when it is much different sounds, if you know what I mean.

Yes, I have configured it in stereo in Win control panel, like your pictures.
Inside XBMC it`s like your pictures to.
I have even uninstalled the drivers and deactivated the sound card that is on board my main board.
This still don`t help.

Here I paste a link to my log, I have tried both with and without DXVA2, starting without.
http://pastebin.com/qnGPmth8

With DXVA2 it works better I think and the CPU load was much less.
I will try more, but is there anything to see in the log that can help?

- bluray - 2011-12-08

DDDamian Wrote:@bluray - just below your first screenie (right where u covered it up) it says "Click here to start download from Sendspace" with a little harddrive icon. It will start your download. Yes it will ask if you want ILivid as well (it's benign and just like JDowloader).
Okay, thanks. I'll try it later.

DDDamian Wrote:I had more success with Wanilton's build from July 15th (gnif broke a few things in his continued work). If you go to the AudioEngine thread I posted a link to that Windows build - it's on the last page or two.....

Anything else is baiting man.
I'm using July version since July. I can bitstream fine but I want to see what is added in September version. For now, I'll continue to use the July version till Gnif release a new and better version.

- bluray - 2011-12-08

pettergulbra Wrote:blu:
Thanks for very great help! :-)
But I still don`t get smooth sound. It changes very quick between DTS-HD and DTS.
It looks like it is worst when it is much different sounds, if you know what I mean.

Yes, I have configured it in stereo in Win control panel, like your pictures.
Inside XBMC it`s like your pictures to.
I have even uninstalled the drivers and deactivated the sound card that is on board my main board.
This still don`t help.

Here I paste a link to my log, I have tried both with and without DXVA2, starting without.
http://pastebin.com/qnGPmth8

With DXVA2 it works better I think and the CPU load was much less.
I will try more, but is there anything to see in the log that can help?
I noticed you have a alot of errors with ffmpeg. I'm not 100% sure if download a new ffmpeg from here would help, but you can try it and you can always un-install later. ffmpeg.

- DDDamian - 2011-12-08

bluray Wrote:Okay, thanks. I'll try it later.

I'm using July version since July. I can bitstream fine but I want to see what is added in September version. For now, I'll continue to use the July version till Gnif release a new and better version.

From what I've seen September's a little worse (for an end-user) than July, specifically for DTS-MA but YMMV.

Cheers.

- steelman1991 - 2011-12-08

bluray Wrote:I noticed you have a alot of errors with ffmpeg. I'm not 100% sure if download a new ffmpeg from here would help, but you can try it and you can always un-install later. ffmpeg.
Do you really read nothing on here at all No

Downloading ffmpeg will resolve nothing of the users problems - xbmc uses its own propietary ffmpeg build and if anything will cause more issues than it resolves. If you don't know how to resolve a users problems from a debug log - would it not be better to say that you can't rather than blindly stabbing at a solution - please.

I don't have the answer either - before someone asks - and have little knowledge of a debug log,

Petergulbra - perhaps it is time to accept that for some users - yourself obviously included - this old and possibly the newer build just isn't suitable - despite other users claims of flawless playback.

There is a reason why it hasn't made the cut for Eden and why there aren't any official builds - its just not ready. As much as I mirror your desire to have HD Audio natively in xbmc at this time its just not robust enough for public use and the reason why the Dev (gnif) hasn't released any builds himself.