Kodi Community Forum
blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Discussions (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=222)
+--- Forum: Feature Requests (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: blu-ray in 1080p with dts-hd and truehd (/showthread.php?tid=109314)

wow - C-PiMP - 2012-01-06

wow my eyes hurt! I have just finished reading this entire thread!!
Bluray you have posted so much and helped so many people to get pre eden hd audio working for them! You sir are the man!

- piphead - 2012-01-11

Hi Bluray

I have followed your guide to the letter, but when i select to play the DTS HD MASTER soundtrack or TRUE HD the movies just plays in fast forward mode, if i select a normal soundtrack the movies plays fine. i have tried this on my HTPC which has a amd radeon 6450 installed. I have also tried this on a clean install of windows7 32bit and get exactly the same result. would appreciate if you could give me any solution to this.

Thanks

- bluray - 2012-01-11

piphead Wrote:Hi Bluray

I have followed your guide to the letter, but when i select to play the DTS HD MASTER soundtrack or TRUE HD the movies just plays in fast forward mode, if i select a normal soundtrack the movies plays fine. i have tried this on my HTPC which has a amd radeon 6450 installed. I have also tried this on a clean install of windows7 32bit and get exactly the same result. would appreciate if you could give me any solution to this.

Thanks
Did you do these:

1. Make sure that HD6450 have the latest driver- Graphics Drivers & Software.
2. Connects your system this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via HDMI cables and set AVR to passthrough video
3. Make sure that you select HD6450 HDMI as audio outpu in W7 control panel and configure speaker to "stereo"
4. Make sure to select the same HDMI audio in XBMC audio output.

You might want to try XBMC audio/video output settings as shown below:

- ToXIc69 - 2012-01-11

cant wait to get home and try this..
this will complete my migration from MP..

- ToXIc69 - 2012-01-12

Awesome... I'm getting bitstreaming.

But when I launch xbmc fom the folder I get script failed error: recentlyadded.py; xbmc is also asking to disable some addons and no click/audio when navigating trough objects..

Edit: also what is the shortcut to cycle trough audio. I know T and L controls subtitles but can't find anything for audio.

- bluray - 2012-01-12

ToXIc69 Wrote:Awesome... I'm getting bitstreaming.

But when I launch xbmc fom the folder I get script failed error: recentlyadded.py; xbmc is also asking to disable some addons and no click/audio when navigating trough objects..

Edit: also what is the shortcut to cycle trough audio. I know T and L controls subtitles but can't find anything for audio.
I'm not clear on the questions. Can you do these:
1. rename XBMC in AppData\Roaming folder to XBMC_orig
2. launch XBMC from XBMC_HD_Audio folder

Hopeful, there is no more error!

- ToXIc69 - 2012-01-12

bluray Wrote:I'm not clear on the questions. Can you do these:

K I'll try that.

My mkv files have both SD audio and HD audio. Some of the HD movies are playing SD audio instead of HD. In media portal I could switch between tracks. What's the key in xbmc to cycle between them?

- bluray - 2012-01-12

ToXIc69 Wrote:K I'll try that.

My mkv files have both SD audio and HD audio. Some of the HD movies are playing SD audio instead of HD. In media portal I could switch between tracks. What's the key in xbmc to cycle between them?
When the movie is playing, you can click on the speaker icon within XBMC playback screen to select different audio.

- ToXIc69 - 2012-01-12

Awesome thanks..

- ToXIc69 - 2012-01-13

bluray Wrote:I'm not clear on the questions. Can you do these:

That did it... Thanks!

Cant get HD audio - ambar - 2012-01-13

- bluray - 2012-01-13

- ambar - 2012-01-13

bluray Wrote:Is your system connected this way- HTPC-->AVR-->HDTV via two HDMI cables? Is your AVR supports DTS-HD/TrueHD?

Yes for both.

- ambar - 2012-01-13

just to be more accurate, i tried the setup with HTPC conncted to the TV directly over HDMI and via the AVR and in both cases i wasnt able to get the HD formats avaiable in Realtek "supported formats" tab.

BTW is there any HDMI handshake between the HTPC and the AVR that recognises that the AVR support DTS/MA and TrueHD and only if it succed its enale this option in the HTPC?

I played with it all day with no success....

- bluray - 2012-01-13

ambar Wrote:BTW is there any HDMI handshake between the HTPC and the AVR that recognises that the AVR support DTS/MA and TrueHD and only if it succed its enale this option in the HTPC?

I played with it all day with no success....
You can only see DTS-HD/TrueHD options in W7 control panel with AVR that supports it!