Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) (/showthread.php?tid=109470)

- Turrican2 - 2012-01-09

`Black Wrote:@nbplopes
Rounded corners = inefficient, i.e. on the settings panel I would need to have 5 focus images instead of 1. I could add it but it isn't necessary and keeps things a little simpler.

But it would make the hole skin more consistent! Big Grin

Amazing work anyway, thanks!

- micheel - 2012-01-09

I think it looks better the way it is , the metro interface is al about simplicity.
Its the simplicity that makes it elegant , just my 2 cents

- Hitcher - 2012-01-09

Really impressed with the work on the Metro home style but, and please don't take this the wrong way, it feels out of place with the rest of the skin. Wouldn't it be better used in a complete Metro themed skin?

- nbplopes - 2012-01-09

Hitcher Wrote:Really impressed with the work on the Metro home style but, and please don't take this the wrong way, it feels out of place with the rest of the skin. Wouldn't it be better used in a complete Metro themed skin?

It feels a bit like that at the start, but one gets used to it I guess. It would be lovely that the skilled skinners got together on this one and make it as consistent as possible all around Smile It is simply very well done, not too complex, not too simple, not too dull, not too loud, not too constrained yet not too flexible, at least IMHO Smile

Is this an "ok" of a dream ? Smile

Made a quick test with the Quick Sand font I mentioned (note I'm not a designer much less a skinner. also I have little imagination when it comes to this stuff). Anyway here it goes:

For comparison purposes, here is with the default fonts (taken from a previous post).

- nessus - 2012-01-09

Hitcher Wrote:Really impressed with the work on the Metro home style but, and please don't take this the wrong way, it feels out of place with the rest of the skin. Wouldn't it be better used in a complete Metro themed skin?

+1

- paularms - 2012-01-09

Agreed. It actually feels like a completely different skin when I'm using the Metro home style.

That being said, great work on it! It's very nice and functional. I just really wish it fit with the rest of the views across Xperience.

- `Black - 2012-01-09

@Hitcher
Yes, maybe. But someone else would have to do it because I like the current skin how it is. Smile

@nbplopes
The font doesn't fit, try PT Sans Narrow, it's very similar to Segoe Condensed and it's free to use... maybe a bit too narrow. The advantage of using a narrow/condensed font is that you can make the font larger and the text still fits i.e. in the shutdown or options menu.

- ederson - 2012-01-09

and now the stupid question of the day ..... i can`t get the extrafanart to work

i`ve enabled it in the skin settings

is there anything else i should do ?

- `Black - 2012-01-09

Extrafanart is only for the movie information dialog.

- fabiomello - 2012-01-09

just a feature suggestion: the possibility of hiding certain pages of the home screen (via skin configuration).
eg: i use xbmc mainly for seeing tv shows, so the "music", "movies" and the Picture pane is always blank. also the "Spotlight" on the Home page shows some blank "pages"

- binBD - 2012-01-09

`Black Wrote:I did a quick test and reversible="false" doesn't work, there's nothing I could do about it for now. XBMC needs some kind of scroll container for this, a fixed grouplist would work maybe. If I would make the animation faster, from 500ms to maybe 200 or 300 (which is too fast imo), it will be better but still not optimal.

Watchlist loading times are as long as in all other skins but I've simply delayed the loading of the homescreen until watchlist loading is finished. The other skins don't do such a thing. It's for smooth animations and you instantly see everything.

Anyone else has problems with images not showing in the recently added lists?

what about reducing the scroll time, worked for me

- nbplopes - 2012-01-09

`Black Wrote:The font doesn't fit, try PT Sans Narrow, it's very similar to Segoe Condensed and it's free to use... maybe a bit too narrow. The advantage of using a narrow/condensed font is that you can make the font larger and the text still fits i.e. in the shutdown or options menu.

I understand that a font like the one I suggested, to be properly used one would need to "tweak" the sizes in a lot of controls. We can't just slap it in. I had to do it for the upper menu and the panel. Also I add to re-word certain texts to something equivalent yet shorter. Haven't done it for the for the shutdown or options menu for this specific test.

I understand that its a tad subjective, but condensed fonts just look a but too formal to me, not neglecting what you have said. This one is a lot more fun IMHO Smile

Cheers,

Nuno
PS: Been playing with the search function, extending it to search on TraktTV.

The workflow is more or less like this. If nothing is found locally, search on TraktTV. (I can see the search becoming a central feature on this skin).

- Present the list of matching movies with covers (almost done, testing).
- When a cover is clicked, present the details.
- The details have a button to watch the trailer (probably integrated with Apple Trailers)
- And another button to lookup on usenet (probably NZBMatrix).
- When clicked, present a list of matching entries

Still a long way to go. Just prototyping while I learn python.

- `Black - 2012-01-10

binBD Wrote:what about reducing the scroll time, worked for me

I doesn't work but I've found a much better solution so this problem is gone now.

fabiomello Wrote:just a feature suggestion: the possibility of hiding certain pages of the home screen (via skin configuration).
eg: i use xbmc mainly for seeing tv shows, so the "music", "movies" and the Picture pane is always blank. also the "Spotlight" on the Home page shows some blank "pages"

This was easier than I thought... should work now.

- Japaja - 2012-01-10

This is like the sixth time I had to re-download from GitHub, but it's worth it. Smile

- `Black - 2012-01-10

You could also clone the repository and pull the updates, it's much easier than re-download everything all the time. Smile