Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) (/showthread.php?tid=109470)

- SmokeHacker - 2012-01-13

I want to start off by saying thanks for such a fantastic skin! I'm impressed with how polished and professional looking it is, and I'm happy you're constantly working on and refining it. I do have a couple, hopefully small, requests if you feel they're worth it:
  • In Poster View can you reduce the amount of items skipped when using Page Up/Down by 1? I have a large library and often browse by skipping by page and I have noticed that currently every time I hit Page Up/Down one item never appears on screen and is skipped over.

• One of my favorite little features of most XBMC skins is when it displays what time your currently playing movie/tv show is ending. I know you display the clock and the remaining time on the OSD, so with a little quick math I could easily figure it out, but it'd be fantastic if you found an elegant way to incorporate what time it ends as well ( Perhaps in a small pane under the clock with a different color background or icon, as to not confuse people ). Also, based off past discussion in other skin threads I know this isn't a feature everybody thinks is necessary, so if you do add it the option to enable/disable it is probably appreciated.
Thanks again for all the hard work!

- nbplopes - 2012-01-13

Hi Black, is it possible providing us with the psd for the stage effects (all of them). Trying to change them with GIMP but have no skill in image editing. A PSD would help.

Here is what I want to do:

Has you can see I renamed the black_content.png to _content... so to remove the effect.

I want to change this effect to better suit the wallpaper (can't see the menu Smile)

Cheers,

Nuno
PS: To whoever wants this amazing wallpaper: http://wallbase.cc/wallpaper/809112

- shorty12 - 2012-01-13

`Black Wrote:Thanks but why do you want to have it fade to black? This would break the feeling of seamless transitions from home to the next window.

Thanks for the quick reply. It's probably because my HTPC is not the fastest but for me it takes 2-3 seconds to get into the library after the home items disappear and I don't like the "hard" transition from home background to fanart. But it comes down to preference I guess.

- `Black - 2012-01-13

nbplopes Wrote:Hi Black, is it possible providing us with the psd for the stage effects (all of them).

PSD wouldn't help because there's also only the stage image as a layer... I didn't save the steps in between. So you would have to modify the existing image or make your own.

- iorifly - 2012-01-13

Good morning Black, the panel pictures already this ok? Do you have any prediction it working? another thing when your skin is going to work in atv2?

- Broads - 2012-01-13

Hey, having now got the skin to load, I still have problems with it..

1. I switch settings / Video to 1080i
2. Switch skin -> Experiance.
3. After enabling Metro I come back to the settings screen.
4. If I click up on the horiz menu bar, I end up on the two buttons at the bottom of the page and can not exit them.

5. If however I switch to xperiance and then try to exit back to the main page home by using the horiz menu, it doesnt go anywhere / none of the options do..?

6. If I quit xbmc and log back in. My default page is settings. Operation is the same as above?

Is this a bug? with my emulation of 1080i?
Is there anyway to force the skin to 720p at correct resolution without rebuilding all the XMLS? (Having tried copying the 1080 folder to 720p - Works but huge res )

Does look good though from what I have seen.

- frellAn - 2012-01-13

I have a few suggestions of changes to the metro screen. I have made them myself, was wondering if you agree Black.

The music section now looks like this:

When you have new albums and recent songs, the songs that are recent are also fetured on the new albums list and it's really just the same thing. I think it's better this way with random albums and recent albums.

- devnull - 2012-01-13

Big compliment for showing a real sense of esthetics in the rework of metro home! In my opinion many other skins lack of it Wink.

One thing i noticed is, that scrobbling with trakt utilities addon isn't working when i start a tv show/movie from home (spotlight/ongoing tvshows/new movies etc.). Is this skin-related or shall i ask about this on the trakt utilites thread?

- Martijn - 2012-01-13

devnull Wrote:Big compliment for showing a real sense for esthetics in the rework of metro home! In my opinion many other skins lack of it Wink.

One thing i noticed is, that scrobbling with trakt utilities addon isn't working when i start a tv show/movie from home (spotlight/ongoing tvshows/new movies etc.). Is this skin-related or shall i ask about this on the trakt utilites thread?

Know issue and should be fixed with next version of XBMC and TU

- Slurrrp - 2012-01-13

+1 for frellAn's music section suggestion Smile

- `Black - 2012-01-13

Yes that's good, I agree. Will change it.

- tungmeister - 2012-01-13

frellAn Wrote:I have a few suggestions of changes to the metro screen. I have made them myself, was wondering if you agree Black.

The music section now looks like this:

When you have new albums and recent songs, the songs that are recent are also fetured on the new albums list and it's really just the same thing. I think it's better this way with random albums and recent albums.

I was going to make this modification myself but since you've already done it fancy upping the xml?

Edit: Black posted as I did so it doesn't matter anymore Big Grin

- iorifly - 2012-01-13

Clicking the spotlight tv shows would start the episode would be cool.

`Black, I downloaded the skin meters, I do not know what has changed now need to download new file? Something has changed?

- broman - 2012-01-13

On picture add-on in picture view I still see power button on the left and time&weather on the right.

- ECEC - 2012-01-13

What's the correct way to update the skin from git? Right now I've been downloading the zip file, switching to Confluence, then installing from that zip file and switching back to Xperience. I don't seem to have some of the new options you've mentioned, though.