Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) (/showthread.php?tid=109470)

- Bkam - 2012-02-13

hi black

I want to have spotlight (random movie) instead of add a plugins like youtube .
There are 4 squars for plugings and i want to have random spotlight in 2 of them ( i dont use 4 plugings and it look really dull with out any addon there, i only have 2 video addons)

i have no ide how to mod it , but perhaps you can give me some hints Smile ?

- GJones - 2012-02-13

Bkam Wrote:hi black

I want to have spotlight (random movie) instead of add a plugins like youtube .
There are 4 squars for plugings and i want to have random spotlight in 2 of them ( i dont use 4 plugings and it look really dull with out any addon there, i only have 2 video addons)

i have no ide how to mod it , but perhaps you can give me some hints Smile ?

Just a suggestion, but favorite genres or playlists work well there. I keep one for sci-fi monster movies (50s and 60s) and one of new release movies (2011 or greater)

- ekim232 - 2012-02-14

Black,

I recently changed the spotlight container to display a fanart image for tv shows using the next.aired script. It works just fine, but I noticed today that when there is 1 or 2 shows the animation of the images is off. It will start way over by the next panel and scroll into place from there. It can be replicated if you were to change your startup number from 6 to 1 for the randomitems.script. If you have any suggestions on how to fix it, I would most appreciate it.

Emulator Setup - v8der - 2012-02-14

I'm having trouble configuring the Advanced Launcher in Xperience1080p. I can get as far as selecting which type of launcher I create but I'm not sure how to configure it so it will display the systems/games like the preview here. Also, I can't seem to edit what I've already done with the current Advance Launcher setup I've already done.

Any info on how to configure this properly?

- Ar0w4n4 - 2012-02-14

I tried to bring the video viewtype from Aeon Nox to Xperience1080, and it's work pretty well for the moment, but I'm wonder if you could implement these porting on the next release if I give you my sources ?

- `Black - 2012-02-14

Nope, sorry.

@v8der
http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3

@ekim232
I made a quick fix for that, it seems to work with preloaditems = 2 now which wasn't working at first... seems to be fixed now but with preloaditems = 1 there's still a bug when there are very few items in the list.

- ekim232 - 2012-02-14

`Black Wrote:Nope, sorry.

@ekim232
I made a quick fix for that, it seems to work with preloaditems = 2 now which wasn't working at first... seems to be fixed now but with preloaditems = 1 there's still a bug when there are very few items in the list.

What happens if you remove the preload items? Will it animate properly?

I was considering doing an onfocus conditional for the main label buttons that said if the container items were less than two then the alarm loop should not be started. I was just thinking of some ways to fix it this morning.

- `Black - 2012-02-14

Seems to work also without preloaditems now. They definitely did something there, on the Beta 1 or some nightlies before the images were not instantly visible without preloaditems if you scrolled through the list a little faster.

Resolution Issues - dwayned - 2012-02-14

First off, let me say thank you Black for the best theme I've ever seen for XBMC, This is fantastic. I've been using XBMC for some time now and have only ever used The AEON theme. Which is also really nice but you've totally out done yourself on Xperience 1080. Everything is really well done, well thought out obviously. Just one question though, why have you change the homescreen options from being overlapping like the actual Xbox dashboard / your older version (like the poster panel view?) I really like that view for the homescreen. Blush

Now for the bad news, Sad Sorry.

I've been testing this on the new Eden 3 beta, and am not really sure if this is a Eden issue or an Experience 1080 issue. I've been looking through setting and options, and trying to perfect this setup for my HTPC. For testing "ve been using the "Real Steel" Theatrical Trailer from Yahoo Movies. Video resolution 1920 width with 800 height, and have found that when playing in Xperience the videos are stretched. I guess this is all due to the video calibration setup. I've tried everything to fix this. I'm trying to send some images to show whats been happening but having issues on my end.

- v8der - 2012-02-14

`Black Wrote:@v8der
http://www.gwenael.org/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3

Thanks! Worked perfectly (as your help often does)!

I was wondering, if you get a moment could you take a look at this link:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=1018173#post1018173.

It's a question I have about about the view types I'm having trouble with.

Resolution Issues - dwayned - 2012-02-14

First off, let me say thank you Black for the best theme I've ever seen for XBMC, This is fantastic. I've been using XBMC for some time now and have only ever used The AEON theme. Which is also really nice but you've totally out done yourself on Xperience 1080. Everything is really well done, well thought out obviously. Just one question though, why have you change the homescreen options from being overlapping like the actual Xbox dashboard / your older version (like the poster panel view?) I really like that view for the homescreen. Blush

Now for the bad news, Sad Sorry.

I've been testing this on the new Eden 3 beta, and am not really sure if this is a Eden issue or an Experience 1080 issue. I've been looking through setting and options, and trying to perfect this setup for my HTPC. For testing "ve been using the "Real Steel" Theatrical Trailer from Yahoo Movies. Video resolution 1920 width with 800 height, and have found that when playing in Xperience the videos are stretched. I guess this is all due to the video calibration setup. I've tried everything to fix this. I'm trying to send some images to show whats been happening but having issues on my end.

- `Black - 2012-02-14

Videoaspect is not a skin issue... seems to be a problem with your settings, don't know what you did wrong there.

Original home screen from the first video was removed long ago.. why? Don't know, seemed dated and implementation wasn't very good.

- quebert - 2012-02-14

I have a question, way back in this thread somebody posted about Cdart and the now playing screen. I'm running the latest SVN on Eden 3 and I'm failing to see any settings in the skin section for a now playing screen. I'm assuming since that post was oooold maybe it applied to the Dharma version and isn't in the newer one? If it's still here I must be extra blind today.

- dwayned - 2012-02-14

Thank you for your quick reply. I've been trying to get these images up but having some difficulty with that. I think it's a video calibration issue. The calibration "square" when set to 1.000 or 1.111 plays video stretched vertically but posters in poster view fills frames and looks ok. When calibration square is set to 0.999 however, the video plays at right resolution but poster panel view shows transpartent border like effect around posters. The loading indicator (that cool circular effect on startup in screen centre and in lower right of screen is never trult round but more of an oval shape no matter what calibration i use, more subtle at 1.111 though. I'm really trying to get these images to you, I think they would give a better understanding of what I'm experiencing.

- `Black - 2012-02-14

You have to run the skin in a 16:9 resolution, preferably 1920x1080 but 1280x720 is also ok. Aspect has to be 1.000 (video calibration) and view mode to normal in the video settings.

@quebert
CDArt is supported but only in the now playing screen of the guide menu.