Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience1080 (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=197)
+----- Thread: [RELEASE] Xperience1080 v0.9b (nightlies only) (/showthread.php?tid=109470)

- `Black - 2012-02-20

Old home screen: Settings -> Skin -> Home -> Manage custom home items
New home screen: Just select a "+"

- boognish43 - 2012-02-20

`Black Wrote:Old home screen: Settings -> Skin -> Home -> Manage custom home items
New home screen: Just select a "+"

Sorry I am using the metro home screen, I forgot to mention that.
I dont see the + option in manage custom home items

- boognish43 - 2012-02-20

Just to clarify what I am looking to do is add a category i.e. movies, tv shows. I want to add another main category to add home items to

- `Black - 2012-02-20

Not possible. You can add items to movies, tv shows and apps but that's it.

- kanedamgm - 2012-02-20

`Black Wrote:Not possible. You can add items to movies, tv shows and apps but that's it.

I apologize if this has been asked. I am sure at least something similar has, is there anyway to change the "games" section under applications so instead of pointing to advanced launcher it points to rom collection browser?

- `Black - 2012-02-20

Yes, just change it in Includes_HomeNew.xml.... but no way in the skin settings.

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2012-02-21

Hi black,

I've just installed xperience.

If I had a bad feeling with your skin a few months ago.

I really love xperience today. The metro like home screen is very beautyfull!

I hope next versions will give us nice updates and more customization options!

w2w

- tonybeccar - 2012-02-21

Hey all! Haven't posted any messages for a while.. but still read the thread every now and then.

I've been using this skins ever since it came out, thank you Black, it's awesome! Very pretty.

I see now that I may have to update the spanish strings, I will do it then.

I have a little request, that I think got said and one user did a mod about it but I couldn't find the download. Would it be possible to change the Poster View of the movie library for the poster view in the Search section? I think it's much cleaner!

Oh and can the search function include directors and/or actors maybe? It'll be awesome!

Thanks Black for all your hard work, I think this should be the default skin!

Cheers!

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2012-02-21

I tried this skin and his features yesterday. It very very cool as I said before.

I have some suggestions in order to have a better (e)xperience:

On home screen: size font for "spotlight", "new tv show", "random episodes", etc. is too small and difficult to read. I recommand the size of 30 for Font-Condensed-s20 or replace by Font-Condensed-s30.

About power and favourites button on home scrren. It's diffucult to see which button is selected. Maybe you should use another highlight system.

Last point on home screen, It could be nice to have a loop between categories. Once on setting panel, it is not usefull to press left to go to movies or home. Pressing right could be a quicker way.

In dialoseekbar, when on pause, finsh time and paused appear alternatively. I recommand to replace "search" on progress bar while playing video by finish time instead this last info only available on pause.

On home screen, I love the game tile. I can access my PC games directly and I can choose a viewtype.

But I regret that I cannot have the same icons has movies or tv show with games covers. I think this app submenu is too seriousas the other are animated.

What do you think about my suggestions?

Here is a link to the french translation. I still have some doubts with some words ("stage" in skin settings, I don't how to explain or translate it)

http://www.mediafire.com/?cka5y2kn526y9r5

w2w

- `Black - 2012-02-21

Thanks for the translation, I'll add it. Stage would be "scène" in French I think, at least that's what the dictionaries say. Big Grin

To your suggestions:
1. Doesn't look good if the font is bigger. It's intended to be very subtle.
2. I know that and will change that (sometime ^^).
3. If I can make it possible that the list stops at the end if you hold down the key and only goes back to home if you press it again (like it's for list controls), I'll add it. But I can't figure out how to do that at the moment...
4. What do you mean with search?
5. I don't understand exactly what you mean... you can add any icon you want to the app panel and you can choose if it should be animated or not.

- Crall - 2012-02-21

the latest github release gave me this "error" under settings
General home and all the other texts up there doesn't fit any more.

- `Black - 2012-02-21

Already fixed, I forgot to upload an updated file.

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2012-02-22

`Black Wrote:Thanks for the translation, I'll add it. Stage would be "scène" in French I think, at least that's what the dictionaries say. Big Grin

Ok, I juste do really understand what it does in xperience, what are the changes.

`Black Wrote:To your suggestions:
1. Doesn't look good if the font is bigger. It's intended to be very subtle.

Arf, I find it not so bad. But this is your skin!!!

`Black Wrote:2. I know that and will change that (sometime ^^).

Hope this will be soon

`Black Wrote:3. If I can make it possible that the list stops at the end if you hold down the key and only goes back to home if you press it again (like it's for list controls), I'll add it. But I can't figure out how to do that at the moment...

Ok

`Black Wrote:4. What do you mean with search?

I'm talking about $LOCALIZE[773] in dialogseekbar.

`Black Wrote:5. I don't understand exactly what you mean... you can add any icon you want to the app panel and you can choose if it should be animated or not.

Under movies, tv shows and music, there is recently added or random items. I think it could be great to add same, if possible, for games with game front cover.

w2w

@Black - binBD - 2012-02-22

ok i have:
Left for dead.xpr
Fallout 3.xpr
Halo Reach.xpr
Perfect Dart.xpr

inside my media folder, how do i get the xpr files to show in a list.
ive ben reading the wiki and i found these tags were availiable:
Skin.Theme
Skin.HasTheme(theme)

- `Black - 2012-02-22

First of all, .xpr is outdated, better use .xbt. Then you need to activate your alternative theme in the appearance settings.

@wolfodeiwolfy
Could be nice, yes, but I won't add it... maybe if XBMC has some native support for games with recently added or most played games.