Kodi Community Forum
Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup (/showthread.php?tid=116724)

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - stoolzo - 2013-08-27

cant think what i am doing wrong here at all, when i click on the ISO in XBMC i get a continued clicking sound, it does switch to powerdvd but doesnt mount or play the movie. If I simply double click the iso file on its on in windows it opens powerdvd fine and play, just does trigger in XBMC. I have check all my files and they appear to be edited correctly for power dvd and my user folder, is this an issue with frodo?

Re: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - TRaSH - 2013-08-28

Could you check if your iso mounting tool really does mount it.
So it looks like a physical disk.
Did you check if the drive letter is correct ?

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - deanorthk - 2013-08-28

Greetings guys

A big huge thanks to everyone who posted so far, it gives me hopeSmile

I'll just finish seting up my PCHC.
I've chosen a pretty powerfull cpu and GPU because of madvr, and so far, the result is just outstanding.

I'm only struggling for one thing.
I understand what I need to change in the playerfactory so ISO are launched by MPC HC, and so are physical BR.
But.. what should I write so it also launch MPC HC when I select, in XBMC, a BR folder? M2ts and that's all?

I'll install anydvdHD tomorow to test the BR, but since I have a few BR in folder type...

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ltm82 - 2013-08-29

Hi Guys,

Is there a way in the playcorefactory.xml to Specify a rule that it can detect the difference between an original 3D Blu ray (not iso file) and an original 2D Blu ray?

My goal is playing the 3D Blu ray to PDVD13 and the 2D Blu ray (Using AnyDVD HD) with XBMC.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - baijuxavior - 2013-08-29

Name your 3D ISOs to include a 3D keyword like Avatart.3D.iso, then you can add a filename rule. An example which you may need to modify for powerdvd

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
      <player name="3DPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
           <filename>C:\Program Files\The KMPlayer\KMPlayer.exe</filename>
           <args>"{1}"</args>
           <hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
           <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
           <forceontop>false</forceontop>
      </player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
      <rule filename="*3D*" player="3DPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ltm82 - 2013-08-29

(2013-08-29, 10:37)baijuxavior Wrote: Name your 3D ISOs to include a 3D keyword like Avatart.3D.iso, then you can add a filename rule. An example which you may need to modify for powerdvd

Code:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
      <player name="3DPlayer" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
           <filename>C:\Program Files\The KMPlayer\KMPlayer.exe</filename>
           <args>"{1}"</args>
           <hidexbmc>True</hidexbmc>
           <hideconsole>true</hideconsole>
           <forceontop>false</forceontop>
      </player>
</players>

<rules action="prepend">
      <rule filename="*3D*" player="3DPlayer"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

Thanks but i want to specify in playcorefactory.xml a rule that it only forwards the request for 3D blu ray (not iso file) to PDVD13.
For the 2D blu ray i would like to use XBMC (Using AnyDVD HD to decrypt on the fly).

For the iso i found another solution.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - baijuxavior - 2013-08-29

I thought you were looking for 3D iso. Don't know what condition should be used for 3d disks.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - MikeDB - 2013-08-30

I have been reading these forums and working on this issue for the past week, but for the life of me I can't get things to work properly.

I really only have BMV files (bluray), ISO (mostly 3D and some bluray) and MKV files (bluray movies).

Ideally I would like to click on a movie in my xbmc library and have it open up to a powerdvd main screen. I say this because I'm sure this is the only way to select 3d to play 3d movies. That way I can select play on my blurays or select 3d option in my powerdvd 11 screen to watch movies in 3D.

Here is my playercorefactory file:

================================================================================
<playercorefactory>
<players>

<player name="ISO_BDMV_Player" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Users\mikedb\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\PlayISO.bat</filename>
<args>"{1}" /fullscreen</args>
<hidexbmc>true</hidexbmc>
<hideconsole>false</hideconsole>
<warpcursor>none</warpcursor>
</player>

</players>

<rules action="prepend">
<!-- Bluray ISO/BDMV -->
<rule filetypes="iso|bdmv|mpls" player="ISO_BDMV_Player"/>

</rules>
</playercorefactory>
===================================================================================

and here is my playISO.bat file
===================================================================================
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:iso=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO playiso) ELSE (goto next)

:next
Set file=%1
Set dummy=%file:mpls=%
IF NOT %dummy% == %file% (GOTO plaympls) ELSE (goto playbdmv)

:playiso
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Elaborate Bytes\VirtualCloneDrive\VCDMount.exe" /d=0 %1

:unmounted
IF EXIST E:\BDMV\. GOTO mounted
GOTO unmounted

:mounted

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" E:
GOTO end

:next

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %1 exit
GOTO end

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit
===========================================================================
Under the above setup, I can play 3d iso and iso files fine. Powerdvd launches...loads the bluray iso, and II get the screen I want with the ability to select 3d.

However If I try to open a file in xbmc that is not an iso, as soon as I get to the powerdvd screen.....nothing happens. I click play and it states that there is "No disc in drive G".

I even switched to mpc-HC as the source to launch my BDMV folders. Powerdvd 11 opens up when I click and iso file, but when I click a movie in xbmc that is in BDMV folder structure, mpc-hc launches but states file not found.

However in powerdvd11 and mpc-hc, I can click open path, select the movie and it opens up fine. So some where a long the line, xbmc knows what to launch but isn't able to pass the file to the correct player. I'm stuck here and I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to help me out.

If I had to guess, I would say the error is somewhere in here:

:plaympls
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:~1,-25%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" "%pth%" exit
GOTO end

:playbdmv
set pth=%1
set pth=%pth:BDMV\MovieObject.bdmv=%
set pth=%pth:BDMV\index.bdmv=%

"C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVDLaunchPolicy.exe" %pth% exit
GOTO end

:end
exit

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-08-30

(2013-08-29, 10:45)ltm82 Wrote: Thanks but i want to specify in playcorefactory.xml a rule that it only forwards the request for 3D blu ray (not iso file) to PDVD13.
For the 2D blu ray i would like to use XBMC (Using AnyDVD HD to decrypt on the fly).

I don't think it is possible without using 2 external players one for 2D discs and one for 3D (you would need a batch file to look for the SSIF folder which I think some 3D discs have but 2D don't)

Only suggestion I would have is setup a 3D player (PDVD13) in the playercorefactory.xml, but have no rules pointing to it.
When you insert a 2D disc, go to 'Play Disc' as normal and let XBMC play it.

When you insert a 3D disc go to Videos>Files and navigate to your index.bdmv on the disc drive, bring up the context menu and choose 'play with', then select the 3D Player.

It's not ideal but I don't think there is a way to determine the difference between a 2D and 3D disc in the drive by just using playercorefactory.xml rules (they have same filename/type and video/audio codecs)

MikeDB - If possible could you post a XBMC logfile after trying to playback with an external player.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - ltm82 - 2013-08-30

Hi All,

Yesterday i found a workaround:

I added to the main menu in xbmc a new item like "Play Disc 3D" that it starts PDVD13 with the correct command line to play the 3D blu ray from PDVD.

Do you have watched crypted Blu ray 2D in XBMC using AnyDVD HD?

ltm82

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - acejh1987 - 2013-08-30

(2013-08-30, 11:16)ltm82 Wrote: Hi All,

Yesterday i found a workaround:

I added to the main menu in xbmc a new item like "Play Disc 3D" that it starts PDVD13 with the correct command line to play the 3D blu ray from PDVD.

Do you have watched crypted Blu ray 2D in XBMC using AnyDVD HD?

ltm82

Nice idea Big Grin

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - MikeDB - 2013-08-30

(2013-08-30, 10:31)acejh1987 Wrote:
(2013-08-29, 10:45)ltm82 Wrote: Thanks but i want to specify in playcorefactory.xml a rule that it only forwards the request for 3D blu ray (not iso file) to PDVD13.

I don't think it is possible without using 2 external players one for 2D discs and one for 3D (you would need a batch file to look for the SSIF folder which I think some 3D discs have but 2D don't)

Only suggestion I would have is setup a 3D player (PDVD13) in the playercorefactory.xml, but have no rules pointing to it.
When you insert a 2D disc, go to 'Play Disc' as normal and let XBMC play it.

MikeDB - If possible could you post a XBMC logfile after trying to playback with an external player.
When you insert a 3D disc go to Videos>Files and navigate to your index.bdmv on the disc drive, bring up the context menu and choose 'play with', then select the 3D Player.

It's not ideal but I don't think there is a way to determine the difference between a 2D and 3D disc in the drive by just using playercorefactory.xml rules (they have same filename/type and video/audio codecs)

I'm not sure I follow you correct on getting the xbmc logfile.What I did was turn on debugging in xbmc settings and then I went to users/mikedb/AppData/Roaming/XBMC and saw there was an xbmc.log file? Is that what your talking about?

(2013-08-30, 14:09)MikeDB Wrote: I'm not sure I follow you correct on getting the xbmc logfile.What I did was turn on debugging in xbmc settings and then I went to users/mikedb/AppData/Roaming/XBMC and saw there was an xbmc.log file? Is that what your talking about?

Yes that's the one, sorry the post got mixed up and the line meant for you should of been at the bottom (I've edited it now)

R: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Lupin 3rd - 2013-09-12

Hi guys,
What are Best strings to play ONLY 3D ISO blu Rays with TMT6?

Many thanks.

RE: Another External Player Code, but Very Simple to Setup - Lupin 3rd - 2013-09-13

Hi guys,
I've opened this specific thread:

"Show Bluray menus" button to execute external Blu ray player"

hope that some one can help me.
thank you