Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Deggsy56 - 2016-04-02

Thank you for answering. Firstly am on AeonNox 5.7.3.
Where do I find the 'AS' Settings. On the skin itself? I've checked the info providers on Kodi. On Artist info, audiodb and Universal Artist scrapers both enabled. In UAS I've selected audiodb for all tabs. Swapped them for all music and music brain z Fallbacks>audiodb. Still nothing. Am I looking in the wrong place? I have artist slideshow and helper in programs but nothing about artist info. Can't find an add-on relating to this. If you are on Twitter I can tweet image of my settings. I have settings level on expert and have searched, every tab relating to music on the system settings but nowhere can I find an option to 'Download Additional Artist'. Like I said, is there a specific add-on I need or an earlier version of ANox? This artist info is not essential but it is a cool feature and the final customisation. Thanx if you can point me to the right place.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-04-02

(2016-04-02, 18:02)Deggsy56 Wrote: Thank you for answering. Firstly am on AeonNox 5.7.3.
Where do I find the 'AS' Settings. On the skin itself? I've checked the info providers on Kodi. On Artist info, audiodb and Universal Artist scrapers both enabled. In UAS I've selected audiodb for all tabs. Swapped them for all music and music brain z Fallbacks>audiodb. Still nothing. Am I looking in the wrong place? I have artist slideshow and helper in programs but nothing about artist info. Can't find an add-on relating to this. If you are on Twitter I can tweet image of my settings. I have settings level on expert and have searched, every tab relating to music on the system settings but nowhere can I find an option to 'Download Additional Artist'. Like I said, is there a specific add-on I need or an earlier version of ANox? This artist info is not essential but it is a cool feature and the final customisation. Thanx if you can point me to the right place.

I think a little context may help things here. There are two things at play that make Artist Slideshow work (i.e. show you artist images and information). The first is AS itself. It's an addon that is separate from your skin that, when triggered, figures out the currently playing artist and then downloads images and additional information from various web sites. AS then puts that information somewhere the skin can find it. AS doesn't actually ever show any of the stuff. So the second part of making AS work is the skin. The skin is responsible for triggering AS and then for taking the information providing it and displaying it.

With that, there are two sets of settings you have to look at. First are the AS settings. You need to find a list of program addons you've installed (in Confluence there is a main menu called Programs). If you highlight AS and bring up the context menu ('c' on your keyboard), there will be an option for open the addon settings. Once you do that you'll see a bunch of different options (all described on the wiki page) you can set. Among them is an option to download additional artist information. Next are the skin settings. I only use Confluence myself, so any questions about skin settings are best posted in the support thread for the skin you are using.

I hope that helps.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - thumber - 2016-04-03

Hey Guys.

I'm not getting any extrafanart displayed when i play music, unless the addon can find some online, but all my local fanart are not displayed.
I set it to local images first.

Stucture is:
Music/A/Artist/extrafanart/fanart1.jpg
Music/A/Artist/extrafanart/fanart2.jpg
and so on...

Ive set the parth in the addon to SMB://NAS/Music/

I'm wondering if its because i have my arists in folders A...B...C... and so on.

Any ideas

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-03, 14:04)thumber Wrote: I'm wondering if its because i have my arists in folders A...B...C... and so on.

Any ideas

yes, this should be the issue

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - izemjrs - 2016-04-03

Hello!

I'm trying to run kodi with this addon, to reproduce music in mi local business, but something doesn`t work Confused

I need a "skin" or a way to play as this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j5SFC0p_rA

Please, can you help me? Huh

Thanks! Blush

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Deggsy56 - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-02, 19:53)pkscout Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 18:02)Deggsy56 Wrote: Thank you for answering. Firstly am on AeonNox 5.7.3.

I think a little context may help things here. There are two things at play that make Artist Slideshow work (i.e. show you artist images and information). The first is AS itself. It's an addon that is separate from your skin that, when triggered, figures out the currently playing artist and then downloads images and additional information from various web sites. AS then puts that information somewhere the skin can find it. AS doesn't actually ever show any of the stuff. So the second part of making AS work is the skin. The skin is responsible for triggering AS and then for taking the information providing it and displaying it.

With that, there are two sets of settings you have to look at. First are the AS settings. You need to find a list of program addons you've installed (in Confluence there is a main menu called Programs). If you highlight AS and bring up the context menu ('c' on your keyboard), there will be an option for open the addon settings. Once you do that you'll see a bunch of different options (all described on the wiki page) you can set. Among them is an option to download additional artist information. Next are the skin settings. I only use Confluence myself, so any questions about skin settings are best posted in the support thread for the skin you are using.

I hope that helps.

Thanx all. Have enabled all options inside AS but still NO info! Slideshow is constant but no artist info at all. Don't u/stand how worked fine on the Xuum box same skin, but not on T8. An older/diff v of the skin maybe?? At a loss, not essential but intrigued!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-03, 22:28)izemjrs Wrote: Hello!

I'm trying to run kodi with this addon, to reproduce music in mi local business, but something doesn`t work Confused

I need a "skin" or a way to play as this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j5SFC0p_rA

Thanks! Blush

I have no idea what skin that is in the video, and unfortunately I don't keep a list of skins that support AS. Perhaps someone else here knows which skin that is or has a suggestion on a similar skin that would use AS to do what you want.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-04-03

(2016-04-03, 23:24)Deggsy56 Wrote: Thanx all. Have enabled all options inside AS but still NO info! Slideshow is constant but no artist info at all. Don't u/stand how worked fine on the Xuum box same skin, but not on T8. An older/diff v of the skin maybe?? At a loss, not essential but intrigued!

If you post a debug log where both Kodi debugging AND AS debugging are enabled (AS debugging is in the ADVANCED area of the AS settings) I can at least tell you if AS is downloading the artist information. Without that there's nothing more I can do but suggest you find the support area for the skin and ask there.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2016-04-04

(2016-04-03, 22:28)izemjrs Wrote: Hello!

Thanks! Blush

looks like nox4

try madnox http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=230821
or nox 5 silvo http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=210069

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Deggsy56 - 2016-04-05

For what it's worth, I reverted back to Confluence. Gave up trying AS in Aeon Nox. I managed to get the Artist Info working, but then got no slideshow. I Think an update or later version messed it up. Also, for information only, Aeon Nox won't play your own mp3 album collection from USB drive. Will only load the first track and play. I switched back to Confluence and selected an album. It loaded all the files and played out in full. Confluence isstill the best skin. Aeon Nox is flawed now for some reason. I can live w/o the slideshow and info but not w/o being able to listen to MY music. Thanx to all who offered a solution but it didn't work. Why it can't play a complete playlist consecutively beats me. Never mind.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - curtis-r - 2016-04-06

Have loved AS for years!!!

To display artist info during music visualization, I use the following:
Code:
<label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Artist_Description)]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography), - ]</label>

I'm trying to figure out where this artist info is stored so I can edit some. Is it ...addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation ?
If so, how come AS Helper doesn't migrate that data to the output folder, like it does images?

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-04-06

(2016-04-06, 04:23)curtis-r Wrote: To display artist info during music visualization, I use the following:
Code:
<label>$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Artist_Description)]$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography), - ]</label>

I'm trying to figure out where this artist info is stored so I can edit some. Is it ...addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation ?
If so, how come AS Helper doesn't migrate that data to the output folder, like it does images?

Yes, the artist information is stored in the location you indicated. AS Helper doesn't move it because there is no option to have that data interspersed with "local" data from the end user. You can edit those files, but they will be overwritten next time AS updates them (which is every couple of weeks). You have two choices if you want to edit that info:

1- go to the source site (theaudiodb.com or last.fm) and edit the material there. If you do that then either delete the artist information folder for that artist or wait until AS updates the bio and such.
2- Take a look at the wiki for the information on override folders. This lets you use local information to populate the artist info rather than the remote info from theaudiodb.com or last.fm.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - curtis-r - 2016-04-06

Ah, that makes sense. I didn't realize AS updates the local artist data. Sometimes I see biographies that are clearly years old. Obviously it's possible they haven't been updated. I assume updating is a built-in function, not a setting I haven't turned on.

Even though you can't intersperse that artist data with local, would it be possible to have ASH move the data to the output folder (my music library, in my case) so all that artist data doesn't build-up in the kodi portable folder? I have >1100 folders of artist data there and I'd rather not have my kodi backups include it. Essentially the same deal it does with images.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-04-07

(2016-04-06, 16:36)curtis-r Wrote: Ah, that makes sense. I didn't realize AS updates the local artist data. Sometimes I see biographies that are clearly years old. Obviously it's possible they haven't been updated. I assume updating is a built-in function, not a setting I haven't turned on.

Yes, bio updating (along with the similar artists list and album list) is a built-in thing. If you turn on the artist info, you get the updating free of charge. Wink

Quote:Even though you can't intersperse that artist data with local, would it be possible to have ASH move the data to the output folder (my music library, in my case) so all that artist data doesn't build-up in the kodi portable folder? I have >1100 folders of artist data there and I'd rather not have my kodi backups include it. Essentially the same deal it does with images.

Technically it could be done, but it isn't something that really gets you anything (other than a different location for the files). If you really want to move the artist info out of the portable folder, you could do a path substitution in advancedsettings.xml to accomplish that.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Tork - 2016-04-18

maybe im stupid to say this...
but what about a setting in config of slide speeds?
because now im searching my brains (what is left of it) to find this setting....
my rpi2 is loading those fanarts as plain that flys by so fast.......
im on aeon nox silvo 5 ....
but last not least thnx for this great addon! Smile