Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-24, 13:10)manfeed Wrote: Hi pkscout! Having a look at the data collected by AS in userdata\addon_data folder and I'm impressed! Could it be possible to have an option to pass that data to an artist.nfo file in the artists folder? That would be incredible since right now there's no scraper nor any other addon that retrieves so much information about artists as AS!

AS is not meant to be a scraper, and it really doesn't collect anymore info than the built-in scrapers do. In fact, basically everything I'm displaying except the actual fanart is in Kodi somewhere. That's why for version 2 the bio will be taken by default from Kodi. The discography is also in Kodi, but not accessible to external programs from what I can tell. I'm probably going to put in a request with the Kodi folks to make that accessible. Then AS can use most of the internal information Kodi already has.

Quote:Another question: from my experience, LastFm is the best place to find artists; I try to get artists information in Spanish whenever possible, but I'd rather have it in English than empty, however if I select Spanish in preferred language in AS settings and that artist doesn't have biography in Spanish in LastFM I get nothing (even if English biography does exist) Would it be possible to fallback to English in that case?

I'll have to look into this. I'm sure it's possible, but it won't make it for the 2.0 release.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - zag - 2016-05-25

Yep you can already use the universal artist scraper to get all that info including spanish translations.

There are 642 translations into Spanish already, but we could always use more. Just sign up to TADB and copy from https://es.wikipedia.org to the artist and album pages. It will benefit everyone in the future Wink

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - manfeed - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-25, 09:54)zag Wrote: Yep you can already use the universal artist scraper to get all that info including spanish translations.

There are 642 translations into Spanish already, but we could always use more. Just sign up to TADB and copy from https://es.wikipedia.org to the artist and album pages. It will benefit everyone in the future Wink

I guess you're right, that's the best option available... I'll do it little by little Wink

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-24, 13:10)manfeed Wrote: Hi pkscout! Having a look at the data collected by AS in userdata\addon_data folder and I'm impressed! Could it be possible to have an option to pass that data to an artist.nfo file in the artists folder? That would be incredible since right now there's no scraper nor any other addon that retrieves so much information about artists as AS!

Thanks for your work and your amazing addon!

There used to be Last.FM artist and album scrapers, but these were discontinued after Gotham (not sure why). Last version I have is 1.3.6.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - manfeed - 2016-05-25

(2016-05-25, 20:32)scott967 Wrote:

Thanks for your work and your amazing addon!

There used to be Last.FM artist and album scrapers, but these were discontinued after Gotham (not sure why). Last version I have is 1.3.6.

scott s.

I have been looking for it to no avail... Is it actually a scraper or a scrobbler? Does it still work in Jarvis?

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-05-25

Artist Slideshow 2.0.0 Released

I have submitted the 2.0.0 code to the Kodi repository, so folks with auto-update turned on should see it very soon after it is approved. If you have auto-update off, please check starting Monday to see if the new 2.0.0 is available. I have also updated my beta repo with the 2.0.0 code.

v.2.0.0
- separated code for downloads into modules to make it easier to add other services
- added preferences to allow selection of services and priority for use
- removed remote MusicBrainz lookup, MBID must now be in Kodi (or in the legacy musicbrainzid.nfo file AS 1.8.8 created)
- changed default to get bio from Kodi and images from htbackdrops
- rewrite of cache mechanism to reduce load on external sites
- changed cache expire range to 12 - 24 weeks (set randomly when cache is refreshed)
- updated preference strings (only French and English included, other languages will be added back later via Kodi Transifex project)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - meowmoo - 2016-05-26

german strings here :>
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9bSf6HADVkFMGpsdmUyUHpCcUU

thanks for the updated

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2016-05-26

(2016-05-25, 22:33)manfeed Wrote: I have been looking for it to no avail... Is it actually a scraper or a scrobbler? Does it still work in Jarvis?

Thanks

AFAIK, last versions of last.fm scraper were removed from the Frodo branch of the Kodi repo-scrapers github repository via commit fbe7e72. Try this link:
https://github.com/xbmc/repo-scrapers/commit/f6e7e728706dea0dda6b174f1c7b4a462dbac0f4

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2016-06-02

I had your beta repo 1.1.0 installed on one Jarvis system and it downloaded an update to 2.0.0~beta3 but beta3 was in folder script.artistslideshow and the 2.0.0 update installed to script.artistslideshow-2.0.0 (which is what is in the zip in your repo downloads) so I ended up with two instances. Meanwhile Kodi repo is still at 1.8.8. I just fixed it manually.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-06-02

(2016-06-02, 04:40)scott967 Wrote: I had your beta repo 1.1.0 installed on one Jarvis system and it downloaded an update to 2.0.0~beta3 but beta3 was in folder script.artistslideshow and the 2.0.0 update installed to script.artistslideshow-2.0.0 (which is what is in the zip in your repo downloads) so I ended up with two instances. Meanwhile Kodi repo is still at 1.8.8. I just fixed it manually.

Thanks for the heads up. I fixed the zip in my beta repo but didn't increment anything, so anyone who updated from the beta repo will need to fix this manually as well. I checked the Kodi repo, and the pull request is there. Sometimes it takes a bit for things to get cleared, so I'm sure it'll be there soon.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2016-06-10

I think I might have a bug for you. I was playing a local song from music library. Song has two artists: Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. AS did OK with Ella Fitzgerald, but for Louis Armstrong I keep getting repeats of this:
Code:
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for a musicbrainz ID for artist Louis Armstrong
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for musicbrainz ID in the musicbrainz.nfo file
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking for E:\Media\Kodi 16.0\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\1f1fd740\
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] E:\Media\Kodi 16.0\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\1f1fd740\ exists
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] no musicbrainz.nfo file found

I looked in the 1f1fd740 folder and the contents are:
fanarttvcachetime.nfo
theaudiodbcachetime.nfo

Full log is here:

http://pastebin.com/RGX6LcAN

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2016-06-10

(2016-06-10, 21:31)scott967 Wrote: I think I might have a bug for you. I was playing a local song from music library. Song has two artists: Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong. AS did OK with Ella Fitzgerald, but for Louis Armstrong I keep getting repeats of this:
Code:
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for a musicbrainz ID for artist Louis Armstrong
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] Looking for musicbrainz ID in the musicbrainz.nfo file
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] checking for E:\Media\Kodi 16.0\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\1f1fd740\
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] E:\Media\Kodi 16.0\portable_data\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistInformation\1f1fd740\ exists
17:08:33 T:9880   DEBUG: [Artist Slideshow] no musicbrainz.nfo file found

I looked in the 1f1fd740 folder and the contents are:
fanarttvcachetime.nfo
theaudiodbcachetime.nfo

Full log is here:

http://pastebin.com/RGX6LcAN

scott s.

That's not a bug, but it is a change in behavior from 1.8.x. In 1.8.x I had a really nasty routine that would attempt to get the musicbrainzID given an artist's name, the album, and the song. But it was incredibly inefficient and generated lots of API calls to musicbrainz. With 2.x the decision was made to drop that code and expect that the musicbrainz ID for an artist will be in Kodi or in the musicbrainz.nfo file in the Artist Information directory for the artist. So given what you've provided, it looks like Kodi doesn't have the MBID for Louis Armstrong, and there is no file. The simple solution is to create a file called musicbrainz.nfo in the directory you mentioned and then paste the musicbrainz ID from the musicbrainz site in there.

I know this is technically a reduction in functionality, but AS was causing a significant amount of load on musicbrainz (and, unrelated to this, to theaudiodb.com), and I had to do something to be a better API citizen. Hope this helps clarify things.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mdillman - 2016-06-12

Hi pkscout,
I am a longtime user of your slideshow-addon and associated confluence skin-mods.

Today I upgraded to Kodi 16.1 and also to 4.03 of the conflunce-skin mod.
All works perfectly besides the "recent tv shows". Recently added movies and music work fine, also in the original confluence skin all "recently added" types work well.
Switching to "random" instead does work though ...

I took a look into "IncludesHomeRecentlyAddedContent.xml" and "IncludesHomeRecentlyAdded.xml" where I expect the error but could not spot anything.

It would be great if you could have a look at this.

Thanks a lot,
-Markus

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Dutchy_79 - 2016-06-14

Hi,

Question,. I've used artist slideshow for a while and recently changed kodi setup on Jessie to Openelec (when I bought my Pi 7" touchscreen they didn't support that).

I used your eddited Confluence theme but now I can't get that to work anymore somhow so i started using "Amber" which is also nice.
There's just one thing I can't figure out, when playing the first few days it showed all fanart fullscreen and now (probably clicked some setting) it shows the now playing album art and title on top off the artis slideshow.

And one other issue, when playing some artists it won't show pics,. I tried to run Musicbranz again for those cd's and they all saved with gold cd icon.
Last attempt was with Eminem so not a very unknown artist on fanart.tv

Opened the same album in Mp3tag to double check artists

Any ideas hoe I can fix these little problems?

Regards,

Dutchy

Edit: system Pi 2 running Openelec 6.03 Artist Slideshow 2.0.0

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - PantsOnFire - 2016-06-15

My rPi2 B+ running OSMC (Isengard 15.2), Eminence 1.2.5 + ArtistSlideshow 2.0 is inconsistent at fetching music fanart.

I'm trying to work out the root cause.

Using my PC (Kodi Jarvis) (also ArtistSlideshow 2.0), it fetches the art successfully but I'm quite often left with a black screen on the Pi. Anyone else have this problem?

Note: this is happening even for very popular artists where there is guaranteed artwork available (tested Eminem, Van Halen, Metallica).

Eminence 1.2.5 is really efficient on my Pi2, runs quickly. So I don't really think that memory of CPU is the culprit. (I dropped it down to 720p just to see if any change); but no different.

---- I've just noticed one thing which may be significant; when I go to Add-On Settings for ArtistSlideshow, all of the menus on the left (Slideshow, Images, Album Info etc.) are greyed out and not selectable. Perhaps the addon is not compatible with Isengard15.2 and/or Eminence 1.2.5?