Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bitnumus - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-03, 14:25)hoschilo Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 11:37)bitnumus Wrote:
(2017-02-02, 18:46)hoschilo Wrote: Try once more the following: Install Nebula Skin, while playing Music press "Tab" then "Enter" which should bring an OSD on the upper border of the screen. Then press the sign with the "head".

So you think its pkscouts skin mod being the issue? i'll test this shortly, but i want to use the default skin really!

Nebula isn't on 17 repo. I am using the modified skin by pkscout

EDIT: So, i've taken a screen recording to show the issue as clearly nobody understands what i mean! You'll see the artist image flash when i click "next" track after the artist "Talib Kweli". This only happens for some artists, yes there are a few here that don't even have art, but it happens with lots of artists that do, and you can see their art flash up (its in the ArtistSlideshow folder)

Two examples:

https://sendvid.com/pfkmn6s0
https://sendvid.com/9m673h94

Sorry forget what posted about "Nebula", I did not got the whole story. I tried with 2Pac and AS is working as expected, for Kanu - no fanart shows up - it appears that there is no fanart available on Fanart.TV (you can check this by yourself with the MBID for the artists you don't get fanart). Posting log file (do not forget enable debug log in AS settings) would help to understand what is going on.

I see you are trying to help but you are completely missing the point, check my videos and what i've written in detail. I specifically said the artist was Talib Kweli in the first video. On the second video you can see 2pac's art flashes up when i skip the track, so its there its just not displaying when it should....

I have also attached 1000s of log lines in the previous 6 pages, i linked them a few posts up too.

For artists that aren't showing are, there is art available, i even have it downloaded (by AS), into their respective ArtiistSlideshow folders as i've mentioned many times already!

----------

EDIT: Another thing i've just noticed, if i'm on the "Album" view in kodi, in the infowall view. If i hover over an album it shows the artist art behind them all. Now the artists that are having the issues in AS also have no art behind this wall, could it be related?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hoschilo - 2017-02-03

(2017-02-03, 14:29)bitnumus Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 14:25)hoschilo Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 11:37)bitnumus Wrote: So you think its pkscouts skin mod being the issue? i'll test this shortly, but i want to use the default skin really!

Nebula isn't on 17 repo. I am using the modified skin by pkscout

EDIT: So, i've taken a screen recording to show the issue as clearly nobody understands what i mean! You'll see the artist image flash when i click "next" track after the artist "Talib Kweli". This only happens for some artists, yes there are a few here that don't even have art, but it happens with lots of artists that do, and you can see their art flash up (its in the ArtistSlideshow folder)

Two examples:

https://sendvid.com/pfkmn6s0
https://sendvid.com/9m673h94

Sorry forget what posted about "Nebula", I did not got the whole story. I tried with 2Pac and AS is working as expected, for Kanu - no fanart shows up - it appears that there is no fanart available on Fanart.TV (you can check this by yourself with the MBID for the artists you don't get fanart). Posting log file (do not forget enable debug log in AS settings) would help to understand what is going on.

I see you are trying to help but you are completely missing the point, check my videos and what i've written in detail. I specifically said the artist was Talib Kweli in the first video. On the second video you can see 2pac's art flashes up when i skip the track, so its there its just not displaying when it should....

I have also attached 1000s of log lines in the previous 6 pages, i linked them a few posts up too.

For artists that aren't showing are, there is art available, i even have it downloaded (by AS), into their respective ArtiistSlideshow folders as i've mentioned many times already!

----------

EDIT: Another thing i've just noticed, if i'm on the "Album" view in kodi, in the infowall view. If i hover over an album it shows the artist art behind them all. Now the artists that are having the issues in AS also have no art behind this wall, could it be related?

Ok sorry I'm too lazzy to read them all. Apart from my limited Kodi knowledge, I did no even recognized in your video who's face was showing up. Anyhow, I'm sure that you have tried other skins (as suggested) but no success - so I have no clue.

Writing tips - Parkerbup - 2017-02-03

Hello

Amazing post, I like the way you see things,i also have some interesting post for you, click here for great time,enjoy.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bitnumus - 2017-02-03

In confluence i'm pretty sure there was a "full screen" option, is there no such option in the new skin? The text/seek bar are always visible ?

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-02-04

(2017-02-03, 11:37)bitnumus Wrote: EDIT: So, i've taken a screen recording to show the issue as clearly nobody understands what i mean! You'll see the artist image flash when i click "next" track after the artist "Talib Kweli". This only happens for some artists, yes there are a few here that don't even have art, but it happens with lots of artists that do, and you can see their art flash up (its in the ArtistSlideshow folder)

OK, I know why you're getting that little flash after you fast forward. When AS changes artists, it sets a field called ArtworkReady to FALSE. When that happens, AS becomes transparent and shows the Estuary background. So what's probably happening is at the moment of the change AS goes transparent and you see the background right before it is changed by Estuary, meaning you're seeing the Estuary image for the previous artist for a split second. That image is not from AS.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - bitnumus - 2017-02-04

(2017-02-04, 01:32)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-02-03, 11:37)bitnumus Wrote: EDIT: So, i've taken a screen recording to show the issue as clearly nobody understands what i mean! You'll see the artist image flash when i click "next" track after the artist "Talib Kweli". This only happens for some artists, yes there are a few here that don't even have art, but it happens with lots of artists that do, and you can see their art flash up (its in the ArtistSlideshow folder)

OK, I know why you're getting that little flash after you fast forward. When AS changes artists, it sets a field called ArtworkReady to FALSE. When that happens, AS becomes transparent and shows the Estuary background. So what's probably happening is at the moment of the change AS goes transparent and you see the background right before it is changed by Estuary, meaning you're seeing the Estuary image for the previous artist for a split second. That image is not from AS.

Well after updating library/tags, cleaning and all sorts i decided to just delete the DB and start again.

Now everything works fine. I didn't realise AS was so dependant on the library, i thought everything was stored in AS for that purpose. So what wen't wrong i have no idea but clearly something tag related.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-02-04

Glad that got sorted out. Yes, AS is almost completely dependent on the library information. If that's wrong or unavailable, you'll almost always have problems. For streams AS does try and figure out artist names from what little information is sent, but that's very hit or miss.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-02-08

Just a warning for those folks using my Estuary mod. At some point in the next couple of weeks I'm going to release an update that let's you reorder the main menu items. If you've turned any of those off, the first run after the update everything will be set back to the default. You'll have to go back to the settings area to turn off the ones you aren't using. Sorry in advance for the inconvenience. I couldn't figure out a good way to transfer the old settings to the new scheme.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2017-02-10

Is AS good to go with the released version of KODI 17? I can't seem to find a way to get the visualization window with Estuary.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-10, 05:13)hurricane51 Wrote: Is AS good to go with the released version of KODI 17? I can't seem to find a way to get the visualization window with Estuary.

It is fine on Kodi 17, but the default Estuary skin doesn't support AS (neither did Confluence in Kodi 16). Check out the AS wiki page (link in signature) for a way to get my mod of Estuary that supports basic AS functionality (i.e. artist images but no bios or other stuff).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hurricane51 - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-10, 08:05)pkscout Wrote:
(2017-02-10, 05:13)hurricane51 Wrote: Is AS good to go with the released version of KODI 17? I can't seem to find a way to get the visualization window with Estuary.

It is fine on Kodi 17, but the default Estuary skin doesn't support AS (neither did Confluence in Kodi 16). Check out the AS wiki page (link in signature) for a way to get my mod of Estuary that supports basic AS functionality (i.e. artist images but no bios or other stuff).
It works with Transparency, but it still won't start right. When I first go to the playback window, AS isn't working, even though it's enabled in the visualizations window. If I disable AS in that window, then re-enable it, everything's fine until the next time KODI is restarted.

This is the same problem I had with KODI 16.

Just an annoyance, really, since it seems to work fine after that.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mhdebokx - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-10, 11:41)hurricane51 Wrote: It works with Transparency, but it still won't start right. When I first go to the playback window, AS isn't working, even though it's enabled in the visualizations window. If I disable AS in that window, then re-enable it, everything's fine until the next time KODI is restarted.

This is the same problem I had with KODI 16.

Just an annoyance, really, since it seems to work fine after that.

I experience the same problem with skin Mimic. During music player I select AS as visualization . Everything is working OK. But when restarting Kodi, the visualization is set back to Fanart, so that I have to switch to AS manually each time. Grrrr

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-10, 11:41)hurricane51 Wrote: It works with Transparency, but it still won't start right. When I first go to the playback window, AS isn't working, even though it's enabled in the visualizations window. If I disable AS in that window, then re-enable it, everything's fine until the next time KODI is restarted.

(2017-02-10, 18:46)mhdebokx Wrote: I experience the same problem with skin Mimic. During music player I select AS as visualization . Everything is working OK. But when restarting Kodi, the visualization is set back to Fanart, so that I have to switch to AS manually each time. Grrrr

I'm happy to look at debug logs for both these (make sure to turn the debug log on in AS as well as Kodi). I suspect this is a skin issue in both cases, but the logs would tell me for sure.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mhdebokx - 2017-02-10

(2017-02-10, 18:51)pkscout Wrote: I'm happy to look at debug logs for both these (make sure to turn the debug log on in AS as well as Kodi). I suspect this is a skin issue in both cases, but the logs would tell me for sure.

Well, here they come
In session 0 I enabled debug logging, and then restarted Kodi

In session 1: log1
- I started playing music
- By default Fanart is shown in Mimic in my case.
- I select visualization option, and select Artist Slideshow.
- Go to full screen, and the background shows correctly the AS images
- exit Kodi

In session 2: log2
- restart Kodi
- I started playing music
- Again the default Fanart is shown by Kodi/Mimic. I supposed AS should be working here
- I select visualization option. Again Fanart is selected (and not Artist Slideshow which I selected in session 1), and select Artist Slideshow. again
- Go to full screen, and the background shows correctly the AS images
- exit Kodi

I hope you can find what the problem is. If AS is selected as visualization, to which (config) file is that info written to?

Thanks for looking! Michel

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2017-02-11

Unfortunately all I can confirm is that AS is working when called. You definitely have a skin problem. One thing I do know is that skin settings aren't saved to disk until Kodi does a clean exit (i.e. you choose quit from the skin menu). If you're force quitting Kodi, the setting for AS being the visualization you want will not be saved. At this point the only thing I can suggest is that you find the support thread for Mimic and ask there.