Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hoschilo - 2018-01-01

Quote:As for the featured artists not showing, there is an error in the log about a file that couldn't be deleted in the merge directory. Could you check and see if user_data/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/merge is empty? If not, delete the merge directory and let AS recreated a new one. Maybe that will help.
While doing so I found that in this folder all fanart is correctly merged however not all of them are displayed.

Log

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-01-02

(2018-01-01, 23:53)hoschilo Wrote:
Quote:As for the featured artists not showing, there is an error in the log about a file that couldn't be deleted in the merge directory. Could you check and see if user_data/addon_data/script.artistslideshow/merge is empty? If not, delete the merge directory and let AS recreated a new one. Maybe that will help.
While doing so I found that in this folder all fanart is correctly merged however not all of them are displayed.

Log 
Unfortunately there's nothing I can do specifically about images that aren't displayed.  AS doesn't handle the display, it just tells the skin where to find the folder.  Then the skin/Kodi do the display.  The things I would check:
  1. Are the images all types supported by Kodi
  2. do they display properly in another tool (like the Windows preview Window or something like that)
  3. Is the cachedb OK?  For me the only way to deal with that is to delete the Textures13.db in /userdata/Databases and, in more extreme cases delete the userdata/Thumbnails directory too.
​​​​​​​Hope that helps some.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tscholl - 2018-01-02

I gave your latest version a try - script.artistslideshow-2.1.0.alpha5-installer.zip

If I do not specify a local folder it processes the hash files in ArtistInformation
and in ArtistSlideshow.  However I start with 131 in ArtistSlideshow and end up with 39 items and 29 of which are Now artist name and 10 are still listed has hash names. I can identify the hash number in the Artistslideshow Helper report.  All of these folders contain jpg images of the correct artist.  In the hash numbered folders, the artist are correct if I look up the hash number to the Artistslideshow Helper report.  

The ArtistInformation folder I get 28 artist names the following *.nfo files
fanarttvartistimages.nfo
fanarttvcachetime.nfo
htbackdropsartistimages
musicbrainz.nfo

Though not all of those files are in every folder.  Some folders only contain fan*.nfo

This run reports no errors that stop the script. How ever I don't have a complete listing of artists.
----------------------------------------------------------

If I specify a local folder then run the script, I end up with 28 of the original 131 entries.   Also the jpg's are not under the ArtistNameFolder, but now in a new sub folder called extrafanart.  ie:

MyLocalName/ArtistName/extrafanart/***.jpg

This run reports no errors that stop the script.

I would expect a folder created for every artist listed in the database even if no images are currently available. However this does not seem to be the case.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hoschilo - 2018-01-02

(2018-01-02, 02:25)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-01-01, 23:53)hoschilo Wrote:

Log 
Unfortunately there's nothing I can do specifically about images that aren't displayed.  AS doesn't handle the display, it just tells the skin where to find the folder.  Then the skin/Kodi do the display.  The things I would check:
  1. Are the images all types supported by Kodi
  2. do they display properly in another tool (like the Windows preview Window or something like that)
  3. Is the cachedb OK?  For me the only way to deal with that is to delete the Textures13.db in /userdata/Databases and, in more extreme cases delete the userdata/Thumbnails directory too.
​​​​​​​Hope that helps some.  
Sorry my post was mileading a bit:

- all images are supported by Kodi and displayed correct if the artists are played individually

What is happening I belive is the following (for my Herbie case):

- AS getting information about multiple artist and sildeshow directory is set to Herbie Hancock artwork Folder on my NAS as the first found artist
- AS continues in getting additional art work for the other artists and copying them to the merge folder in my profile
- Before setting the merge folder to the slideshow folder the script stops due to another UTF-8 Problem (sorry for that)

Can you set the sildeshow directory from the very beginning to the merge Folder once you have indentified that there are multiple artists? Even if the script fails due to decoding error the slideshow of the available Images will continue I believe.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-01-02

(2018-01-02, 04:52)tscholl Wrote: I gave your latest version a try - script.artistslideshow-2.1.0.alpha5-installer.zip

If you still have the debug log for that upgrade attempt, I'll take a look at it.  Here's the process used to do the upgrade:
  1. AS gets a list of all the folders in the ArtistInformation directory.
  2. For each folder, AS tries to parse the fanarttv file for the artist name.  If that doesn't work it tries theaudiodb file and then the last.fm file.
  3. If there's an artist, AS renames the ArtistInformation file and the corresponding ArtistSlideshow folder.
  4. If there is no artist, AS moves the two folders (and their contents) to an archive directory.
  5. AS then gets a list of all the new ArtistInformation folders.
  6. For each folder, AS grabs the image URLs for each service and hashes the URL.
  7. If there is a matching image with the hashed name in either the ArtistSlideshow folder or the local storage folder, it renames it to the original name the service uses and puts it into the _imgdb.nfo file (that tracks what has been downloaded).
AS does some other work if you select to only use local storage for images, but that's the gist.  If you have image folders that didn't have a corresponding ArtistInformation folder, they are never touched.  They'll never get used again, so you can delete them or manually rename them if you know the name of the artist based on the picture.  I've also found that some of the old ArtistInformation folders are not archived, but there isn't a pattern.  Again, you can jut manually delete or rename those if you want.  The process isn't perfect, so I'm not surprised there are some left over directories.

(2018-01-02, 13:51)hoschilo Wrote: Can you set the sildeshow directory from the very beginning to the merge Folder once you have indentified that there are multiple artists? Even if the script fails due to decoding error the slideshow of the available Images will continue I believe. 
 Unfortunately, no.  Once you set the directory, Kodi reads the contents and will only show the images it got that first time.  New images won't show until you set a new directory.  So you can set the directory to the merge directory until all images have been moved.  Besides, if AS crashes you'll be stuck watching the same images no matter what song is playing.  If you could post a debug log with the crash I'll work on fixing that.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hoschilo - 2018-01-02

(2018-01-02, 17:42)pkscout Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 13:51)hoschilo Wrote: Can you set the sildeshow directory from the very beginning to the merge Folder once you have indentified that there are multiple artists? Even if the script fails due to decoding error the slideshow of the available Images will continue I believe. 
 Unfortunately, no.  Once you set the directory, Kodi reads the contents and will only show the images it got that first time.  New images won't show until you set a new directory.  So you can set the directory to the merge directory until all images have been moved.  Besides, if AS crashes you'll be stuck watching the same images no matter what song is playing.  If you could post a debug log with the crash I'll work on fixing that.   
 Can be found here: LOG line 8619

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tscholl - 2018-01-02

I had a look and all of the remaining hashed folders are in the archive / ArtistSlideshow, and ArtistInformation.  Each contains the correct jpg's  and that all looks good. 

Why not run those tags through the AS helper "as_hashlist.txt" file and get the names from there?  Then move them to script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow and ArtistInformation ? Or just use as_hashlist.txt from the start if available?

Just a thought.  Just hate to have to do all the renaming by hand. 

Tim

(2018-01-02, 21:08)tscholl Wrote: Why not run those tags through the AS helper "as_hashlist.txt" file and get the names from there?  Then move them to script.artistslideshow/ArtistSlideshow and ArtistInformation ? Or just use as_hashlist.txt from the start if available?
I hadn't thought to hash the artist names already in Kodi to check, so I'll see if I can't add that.  Thanks for the suggestion.

(2018-01-02, 18:49)hoschilo Wrote:  Can be found here: LOG line 8619 
  I think you are going to single handedly find every one of the UTF-8 errors.  '-)

That error is literally an error while trying to write to the log.  I have updated the code here, and for now if you delete line 432 in default.py that should get around that.  The line starts with 'lw.log( ['did not work with %s, trying %s' %'

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-01-04

New Alpha Release 2.1.0~alpha6
  • added background dialog box for upgrade progress
  • now creates hash of all artists in Kodi database to use if possible
  • fix for AS reporting a directory doesn't exist when it does
  • more freaking UTF8 fixes.  Have I mentioned that I hate UTF8.
Available at https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/releases

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - tscholl - 2018-01-04

New Alpha Release 2.1.0~alpha6

Made two runs one using the defaults, and one made using a specified folder. Each run had 131 hashed entries.

Defaults - after

ArtistSlideShow - 125 - That includes 7 folder that did not convert the name
ArtistInformation - 115

Archive/ArtistSlideShow - 1
Archive/ArtistInformation - 7
Log - https://www.dropbox.com/s/0d7mvs0lf9ernxx/Default.log?dl=0

------------------------------------------

Run with Specified Folder - after

NewFolderName - 114
ArtistInformation - 115

Archive/ArtistSlideShow - 4
Archive/ArtistInformation - 7

Log - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qvkq6x5fhjfzbqc/FolderSpecified.log?dl=0

--------------------------------------------
Good job on the changes, not quite sure why the different counts.  I didn't check on the run with the with the specified folder but the default run did put some hashed files in ArtistInformation as well.  I checked a few and the id's did match an entry from kodi but were never converted.

jpg - https://www.dropbox.com/s/ph8xjx02vokyf23/not-renamed.jpg?dl=0

Other than that looks pretty good.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - hoschilo - 2018-01-04

I belive my UTF-8 Errors are gone now - thank you for that. However, what I understand from the log and observing the merge directory "life" during playback is, that all pictures are correctly merged but the sildshow directory is not set to the merge directory due to whatever reason. Are we maybe having a problem with the delay time in finishing the "merging"?

Log

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-01-04

(2018-01-04, 13:48)hoschilo Wrote: I belive my UTF-8 Errors are gone now - thank you for that. However, what I understand from the log and observing the merge directory "life" during playback is, that all pictures are correctly merged but the sildshow directory is not set to the merge directory due to whatever reason. Are we maybe having a problem with the delay time in finishing the "merging"?

Log
It looks like you have another odd metadata instance where there is an artist name that is the amalgamation of all the artists.  That in of itself it's a problem, but it turns out if the last artist has no images the merge directory is never set as the directory to show.  I've fixed that for the next alpha release.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2018-01-10

Artist Slideshow 2.1.0~beta1 Available
  • updated AS to save and use unhashed artist and image names
  • created upgrade routine to rename hashed artist and image names
  • included new option to ONLY use local artist path for storage
  • cleaned up folder path creation routines
  • removed old download exclusion logic in favor of new _imgdb.nfo history

This is available from my beta repository.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow#Beta_Testing

The only change between this and the alpha6 release are the items in the post above that I said would be available in alpha7 (which I did not release).