Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - PantsOnFire - 2019-12-28

Quick question, not sure I could find the relevant info on the initial posts of this thread.

-- Kodi on xboxOne, 18.4Git
(Not updated 10 Kodi 19 yet)

AS shows not yet support with my skin
(Aeon Silvo Graffiti)

-tried cupl other skin, same error, time to bite bullet and update Kodi? (Never enjoyed this much as I have a few custom XMLs in skin userdata subs to tweak (eg full screen at music play) plus custom keymap layouts for xbone controller).

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pulsar124 - 2019-12-28

Sorry if this was answered before, but for someone new to AS, how exactly one uses it - specifically, with the local image override option?

I am on current Kodi 18.5 (default Estuary skin), on Android TV box (S922X CPU - GT King). I installed the current AS (v3.0), with all its dependencies. In the AS settings, I set "Use override slideshow" to ON, and provide a custom path to the folder with my images (I tried both local USB drive and remote SMB folder). I pressed "Run" on the AS plugin.

Then I go to the Music section on Kodi, and start playing music, and go to full screen mode. But all I can see is the fanart included with the music files, not my images. I tried enabling player option "show fanart background" and/or "Animate background" - nothing changes.

What am I doing wrong? How can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks!

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2019-12-28

(2019-12-28, 19:23)PantsOnFire Wrote: Quick question, not sure I could find the relevant info on the initial posts of this thread.

-- Kodi on xboxOne, 18.4Git
(Not updated 10 Kodi 19 yet)

AS shows not yet support with my skin
(Aeon Silvo Graffiti)

-tried cupl other skin, same error, time to bite bullet and update Kodi? (Never enjoyed this much as I have a few custom XMLs in skin userdata subs to tweak (eg full screen at music play) plus custom keymap layouts for xbone controller).

Updating to Kodi 19 probably won't make things better (although updating to Kodi 18.5 would at least get you a version of the Estuary skin that supports 3.x).  The AS 3.x upgrade basically broke any skin that supported Artist Slideshow in order to add support for the new Kodi 18 artist information folder.  I posted a bunch of times about the update coming in places I hoped skin authors would see it and update *before* the release, but I don't think many of them saw the posts, so very few, if any, skins were updated pre-release.  The only skins I know for sure work with AS 3.x right now are Estuary (as long as you have Kodi 18.6 or later), my Estuary mod, and there is at least a test version of Aeon Nox Silvo available (you'd have to check the skin thread for more info on where they are with full AS 3.x support), but I don't know how that skin relates to Aeon Silvo Graffiti.  You're best bet is to contact the skin author and point them to the thread in the skin helpers script forum about supporting AS 3.x.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2019-12-28

(2019-12-28, 21:23)pulsar124 Wrote: Sorry if this was answered before, but for someone new to AS, how exactly one uses it - specifically, with the local image override option?

I am on current Kodi 18.5 (default Estuary skin), on Android TV box (S922X CPU - GT King). I installed the current AS (v3.0), with all its dependencies. In the AS settings, I set "Use override slideshow" to ON, and provide a custom path to the folder with my images (I tried both local USB drive and remote SMB folder). I pressed "Run" on the AS plugin.

Then I go to the Music section on Kodi, and start playing music, and go to full screen mode. But all I can see is the fanart included with the music files, not my images. I tried enabling player option "show fanart background" and/or "Animate background" - nothing changes.

Thanks!

Not that it should be affecting anything, but you don't have to run the AS plugin before starting music.  On Estuary as soon as you enter the music visualization screen AS will start.  Only because I'm not sure if we're talking about the same screen (you mention going into full screen mode which often just means hitting the slash key to have Kodi take the entire screen), I'll go through the steps that should work.

1- Open Kodi and go to the music area.  Select some music and start playing it.
2- hit the left arrow key (either on a keyboard or your remote) to open the sidebar.
3- In the sidebar use the down arrow to go all the way to the bottom so that the pause icon is selected (DON'T CLICK ON IT)
4- Use the right arrow to go over to the last icon (it looks kind of like four arrows pointing out) and then click on it

That should open the visualization window and start AS.  It may take a second or two, but you should start seeing your override folder of images randomly displayed.  If you don't, I'd need to see a debug log.  There's a link in my signature on how to turn on debug logging for Kodi.  In addition to that, you also need to enable debug logging in Artist Slideshow. The toggle for that is in the Advanced settings for AS.  I wouldn't leave AS debugging on any longer than needed to capture this log, as AS is VERY verbose in debug mode and can really cause your log file to balloon.

P.S. I've never tried Kodi on a TV using Andriod TV, so hopefully what I gave you works.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pulsar124 - 2019-12-28

(2019-12-28, 22:35)pkscout Wrote: Not that it should be affecting anything, but you don't have to run the AS plugin before starting music.  On Estuary as soon as you enter the music visualization screen AS will start.  Only because I'm not sure if we're talking about the same screen (you mention going into full screen mode which often just means hitting the slash key to have Kodi take the entire screen), I'll go through the steps that should work.

2- hit the left arrow key (either on a keyboard or your remote) to open the sidebar.
3- In the sidebar use the down arrow to go all the way to the bottom so that the pause icon is selected (DON'T CLICK ON IT)
4- Use the right arrow to go over to the last icon (it looks kind of like four arrows pointing out) and then click on it

That should open the visualization window and start AS.  It may take a second or two, but you should start seeing your override folder of images randomly displayed.  If you don't, I'd need to see a debug log.  There's a link in my signature on how to turn on debug logging for Kodi.  In addition to that, you also need to enable debug logging in Artist Slideshow. The toggle for that is in the Advanced settings for AS.  I wouldn't leave AS debugging on any longer than needed to capture this log, as AS is VERY verbose in debug mode and can really cause your log file to balloon.

P.S. I've never tried Kodi on a TV using Andriod TV, so hopefully what I gave you works. 

Thanks for the detailed instructions! I am pretty sure I did click on the correct icon to go to the full screen mode (I'll double check that), so I'll be collecting the log info as you described.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2019-12-28

(2019-12-28, 22:16)pkscout Wrote: Updating to Kodi 19 probably won't make things better (although updating to Kodi 18.5 would at least get you a version of the Estuary skin that supports 3.x).  The AS 3.x upgrade basically broke any skin that supported Artist Slideshow in order to add support for the new Kodi 18 artist information folder.  I posted a bunch of times about the update coming in places I hoped skin authors would see it and update *before* the release, but I don't think many of them saw the posts, so very few, if any, skins were updated pre-release.  The only skins I know for sure work with AS 3.x right now are Estuary (as long as you have Kodi 18.6 or later), my Estuary mod, and there is at least a test version of Aeon Nox Silvo available (you'd have to check the skin thread for more info on where they are with full AS 3.x support), but I don't know how that skin relates to Aeon Silvo Graffiti.  You're best bet is to contact the skin author and point them to the thread in the skin helpers script forum about supporting AS 3.x

FWIW I maintain an older version of Aeon MQ series (based on MQ5) and the current release supports both AS 2.x and 3.x. (Matrix I'm not sure all AS and dependencies are Python 3 compliant though?) It's getting a bit "long in the tooth" but I do incorporate all new features of Kodi. See my sig for links.

scott s.

(2019-12-28, 23:05)scott967 Wrote:  FWIW I maintain an older version of Aeon MQ series (based on MQ5) and the current release supports both AS 2.x and 3.x. (Matrix I'm not sure all AS and dependencies are Python 3 compliant though?) It's getting a bit "long in the tooth" but I do incorporate all new features of Kodi. See my sig for links.

scott s.

Thanks for the info.  I did some testing of 3.0.0 in Matrix with Python3, and AS should work there.  As long as I haven't done anything bad during the 3.01 beta that should work to.  Testing the 3.0.1 beta in Matrix is next on my todo list.

Edit: I ran some basic tests with the last Kodi 19 nightly as AS 3.0.1~beta8, and all looks good.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - PantsOnFire - 2019-12-29

Pkscout,
Thanks very much for all the detailed info. I appreciate it. Especially over Christmas!

I understand now why AS isn't working right with my setup due to various reasons and happenings.

So I took your advice and wanted to try MQ5.
grabbed it from your GitHub. Upon install (for me), it fails due to there being no Rom collection browser script installed.

-i don't use RCB at all as I'm on Xbox one. Tried to find it in my add-ons but cannot find it.
-i would have thought it be done among the default install repos but I'm not seeing it (ver 18 Leia xboxOne). Maybe I should go find it on the forum and x'fer it to my xboxOne....

Alternatively, i might prefer just to go back to an older version of AS (2.x), think that would work?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2019-12-29

(2019-12-29, 11:03)PantsOnFire Wrote: Pkscout,
Thanks very much for all the detailed info. I appreciate it. Especially over Christmas!

I understand now why AS isn't working right with my setup due to various reasons and happenings.

grabbed it from your GitHub. Upon install (for me), it fails due to there being no Rom collection browser script installed.

-i don't use RCB at all as I'm on Xbox one. Tried to find it in my add-ons but cannot find it.
-i would have thought it be done among the default install repos but I'm not seeing it (ver 18 Leia xboxOne). Maybe I should go find it on the forum and x'fer it to my xboxOne....

Alternatively, i might prefer just to go back to an older version of AS (2.x), think that would work?
I'm tagging @scott967 in this just because they're the ones maintaining the MQ5 stuff and might be able to answer that question.

If you want to revert to AS 2.x, you can download a zip of it here:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/download/script.artistslideshow/script.artistslideshow-2.1.5.zip

You should probably uninstall the 3.x version first, and once you install the 2.x version you need to set it not to update (the toggle for that is on the info screen for an addon).

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Seger - 2019-12-29

(2019-12-29, 15:55)pkscout Wrote:
(2019-12-29, 11:03)PantsOnFire Wrote: Pkscout,

I'm tagging @scott967 in this just because they're the ones maintaining the MQ5 stuff and might be able to answer that question.

If you want to revert to AS 2.x, you can download a zip of it here:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/download/script.artistslideshow/script.artistslideshow-2.1.5.zip

You should probably uninstall the 3.x version first, and once you install the 2.x version you need to set it not to update (the toggle for that is on the info screen for an addon). 
Hello @pkscout ,

I will take up a discussion from the German Kodinerds Forum. There is a discussion about the fact that the new 3.0.0 version doesn't work anymore, that the pictures change to the next track while a radio stream is running. With version 2.1.4 and 2.1.5 it still works. Can you reproduce this in general, or do you need more information here to fix it in 3.0.1?

Sorry for the little information, I'm only a translator of the "problem".

Oh well, the skin is already properly adjusted, that can't be the reason. Kodi 18.5, Windows 64bit.

Many greetings,
Seger

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Ronny3 - 2019-12-29

I have the same Problem with the new Artistist Slideshow Addon Version 3.0.0 or 3.01 ~beta8.

Kodi 18.5
Radio Addon 2.3.5
Artist Slideshow Addon Version 3.0.0 or 3.01 ~beta8

That the artists change the pictures for the next track while a radio stream is playing. With versions 2.1.4 and 2.1.5 it still works.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Ronny3 - 2019-12-29

Sorry... hello pkscout ...my english ist not good. (Translator)

That the pictures of the artists then change with the next song titles being played while a radio stream is being played. With versions 2.1.4 and 2.1.5 it still works.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2019-12-29

@Ronny3 @Seger I grabbed the Radio addon, and what I'm seeing is that the first artist images are loaded and then get stuck and no other new artist images are shown (I hope that translates OK).  Anyway, I think I fixed it.  I'm doing a little more testing and then I'll push a new beta out.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pulsar124 - 2019-12-29

(2019-12-28, 22:35)pkscout Wrote:
(2019-12-28, 21:23)pulsar124 Wrote: Sorry if this was answered before, but for someone new to AS, how exactly one uses it - specifically, with the local image override option?

Thanks!

Not that it should be affecting anything, but you don't have to run the AS plugin before starting music.  On Estuary as soon as you enter the music visualization screen AS will start.  Only because I'm not sure if we're talking about the same screen (you mention going into full screen mode which often just means hitting the slash key to have Kodi take the entire screen), I'll go through the steps that should work.

Here is the kodi log file:

https://paste.kodi.tv/cejopuhiwe.kodi

I did also enable the AS logging feature, but I don't see relevant lines in the kodi log file. Is it in a separate file somewhere? I also don't see any references to the override SMB folder containing my images (contains keyword PHOTO), so it doesn't look complete.

(2019-12-29, 18:43)pkscout Wrote: @Ronny3 @Seger I grabbed the Radio addon, and what I'm seeing is that the first artist images are loaded and then get stuck and no other new artist images are shown (I hope that translates OK).  Anyway, I think I fixed it.  I'm doing a little more testing and then I'll push a new beta out.

Thanks for your quick Help...pkscout...and then i wait for the next Version 3.0.1 beta.