Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-03

(2020-01-02, 21:42)scott967 Wrote: Beta 12 is showing notifications in Kodi 19 1224.  But in ver 2 there was a notification when no art was available.  Now what happens when music viz window is opened in Estuary is the default display shows for about 4-5 secs, then the screen is "black" and it either stays that way (no images) or after another 5-8 secs the "downloading art" notification pops up and art starts to display.

scott s.

Let me take a look at the logic for all this (especially the black screen).  The notifications I didn't add a "nothing downloaded" option, but I can.  The black screen is because of the "fade to black between artists" option, but it should, if working properly, not go black if there are no images.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - MB1968 - 2020-01-03

(2020-01-02, 16:33)PantsOnFire Wrote: @pkscout

No luck here sadly.

18.4, tried full uninstall of 3.x, installed 2.x, tried about 8 skins, it's not starting really. Shame, something's going wrong but I'm not sure what
I'm in the same boat. I'm using the AeonMQ7 Leia mod skin. I've tried almost every combination of setting in the ASS addon, but none of them work in Kodi 18.5 on Android. The slideshow won't display the fanart images in the Kodi Artist Information folder, or fanarts from a custom location Even the fallback slideshow option does not work.

Here's a part of the logfile, containing some errors:

2020-01-03 00:06:06.725 T:2125 ERROR: unmatched parentheses in string.isempty(window(visualisation).property(artistslideshow.artworkready) 2020-01-03

00:06:07.183 T:2293 NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> Error while executing <built-in method clearProperty of xbmcgui.Window object at 0xb30ffec8> with <dictionary-keyiterator object at 0xabc93dc0>

2020-01-03 00:06:09.260 T:2785 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 3.0.1~beta12 started 2020-01-03

00:06:09.261 T:2785 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] debug logging set to True

2020-01-03 00:06:09.317 T:2785 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Invalid setting type

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-03

(2020-01-03, 01:21)MB1968 Wrote:

No luck here sadly.

18.4, tried full uninstall of 3.x, installed 2.x, tried about 8 skins, it's not starting really. Shame, something's going wrong but I'm not sure what
I'm in the same boat. I'm using the AeonMQ7 Leia mod skin. I've tried almost every combination of setting in the ASS addon, but none of them work in Kodi 18.5 on Android. The slideshow won't display the fanart images in the Kodi Artist Information folder, or fanarts from a custom location Even the fallback slideshow option does not work.

2020-01-03 00:06:06.725 T:2125 ERROR: unmatched parentheses in string.isempty(window(visualisation).property(artistslideshow.artworkready) 2020-01-03

00:06:07.183 T:2293 NOTICE: script.module.metadatautils --> Error while executing <built-in method clearProperty of xbmcgui.Window object at 0xb30ffec8> with <dictionary-keyiterator object at 0xabc93dc0>

2020-01-03 00:06:09.260 T:2785 NOTICE: [Artist Slideshow] script version 3.0.1~beta12 started 2020-01-03

Unfortunately, log snippets aren't going to help.  I need to see the full debug log.  The error with the unmatched parentheses you've posted is a skin error, but we have the same error in Estuary on 18.5 and it didn't seem to affect showing images with AS 3.x.  It could cause 2.x not to work. But since you're apparently using the 3.01 beta, that shouldn't be the issue.

Artist Slideshow not functioning on my Kodi 16.1 - Caesarius - 2020-01-03

Hi,

I have Kodi 16.1 installed on my Mininx NEO X8-H Plus (running Android 4.4.1)? I don't want to mess around and brick the thing by installing any non-official firmware.
Everything is working fine except the Artist Slideshow. It only shows one big image but nothing moves or changes.
The Kodi 18.5 I have installed on my NAS shows the Artist Slideshow fine.
Is there any way I could get the Artist Slideshow on the Mininx Player with Kodi 16.1 to work as well please?
Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Cheers
Caesar

RE: Artist Slideshow not functioning on my Kodi 16.1 - pkscout - 2020-01-03

(2020-01-03, 05:39)Caesarius Wrote: Hi,

I have Kodi 16.1 installed on my Mininx NEO X8-H Plus (running Android 4.4.1)? I don't want to mess around and brick the thing by installing any non-official firmware.
Everything is working fine except the Artist Slideshow. It only shows one big image but nothing moves or changes.
The Kodi 18.5 I have installed on my NAS shows the Artist Slideshow fine.
Is there any way I could get the Artist Slideshow on the Mininx Player with Kodi 16.1 to work as well please?
Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Cheers
Caesar

Artist Slideshow 2.1.5 is the last version of AS that is available for Kodi 16.x (Jarvis), but whether it works depends on the skin your using.  The default skin for that version of Kodi was Confluence and didn't support AS.  I do have a Confluence mod for Kodi 16 that does support AS, but you'd have to install my skin repo and download the right Confluence mod.  Note that Kodi 16.x is pretty old now, so I'm not supporting the Confluence mod for that version any longer.

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.1.zip

The reason it works with 18.5 is that the default Estuary skin supports Artist Slideshow.

P.S. I'm going to ask the mods to merge this into the Artist Slideshow support thread.

RE: Artist Slideshow not functioning on my Kodi 16.1 - Caesarius - 2020-01-03

(2020-01-03, 06:10)pkscout Wrote: Artist Slideshow 2.1.5 is the last version of AS that is available for Kodi 16.x (Jarvis), but whether it works depends on the skin your using.  The default skin for that version of Kodi was Confluence and didn't support AS.  I do have a Confluence mod for Kodi 16 that does support AS, but you'd have to install my skin repo and download the right Confluence mod.  Note that Kodi 16.x is pretty old now, so I'm not supporting the Confluence mod for that version any longer.

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.1.zip

The reason it works with 18.5 is that the default Estuary skin supports Artist Slideshow.

P.S. I'm going to ask the mods to merge this into the Artist Slideshow support thread. 
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help. I will install your repository and see if that works. But where can I download Artist Slideshow 2.1.5? I searched on Google but could only find newer versions.

Cheers
Caesar

New Beta Available (3.0.1~beta13)
v.3.0.1~beta13
- changed default download notification to show even if no images are downloaded
- added option to show download notifications only if there are images to download
- fix for theaudiodb.com plugin not downloading all three images for an artist

If you had enabled the download notification in beta12, you need to reenable it with beta13.  I changed the name of the setting to be more consistent, so that broke the old setting.

Available as usual from my beta repo.

@scott967 could you check and see if the download notification is more in line with what you were expecting?  I looked into the black background, and while I sped things up a bit, the basic logic looks right.  You will get a "permanent" black background for an artist if your artist has no fanart defined in Kodi (or you turned off "use Kodi artist image in the AS settings) *and* there is no art for AS to display.  Technically in this case AS sets it's image to blank in which case (if the skin author did as I suggested) the skin will show whatever background image it has.  Since that is also empty you get nothing.  The best way to avoid getting a "permanent" black background is to set a fallback folder.  The fallback folder is used if no images are found for an artist.

RE: Artist Slideshow not functioning on my Kodi 16.1 - pkscout - 2020-01-03

(2020-01-03, 13:14)Caesarius Wrote: Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help. I will install your repository and see if that works. But where can I download Artist Slideshow 2.1.5? I searched on Google but could only find newer versions.

Cheers
Caesar 

AS 2.1.5 should be in the main Kodi repo for Kodi 16 (under Program Addons).  It's been quite awhile since I used Kodi 16 though, so if it isn't there for some reason, you can grab this zip:

https://github.com/pkscout/repository.beta.pkscout/raw/helix/download/script.artistslideshow/script.artistslideshow-2.1.5.zip

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - MB1968 - 2020-01-04

(2020-01-03, 01:58)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-03, 01:21)MB1968 Wrote:

No luck here sadly.

Unfortunately, log snippets aren't going to help.  I need to see the full debug log.  The error with the unmatched parentheses you've posted is a skin error, but we have the same error in Estuary on 18.5 and it didn't seem to affect showing images with AS 3.x.  It could cause 2.x not to work. But since you're apparently using the 3.01 beta, that shouldn't be the issue. 
Here's the logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2pzqs6FyvY/

Let me know please if you find something that could cause the issue. Thanks in advance.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-04

(2020-01-04, 00:22)MB1968 Wrote: Here's the logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2pzqs6FyvY/

Let me know please if you find something that could cause the issue. Thanks in advance. 

It looks to me like you've turned on the override folder option and set it to /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/. That means AS will only show images in that exact directory (nothing below it). But it also looks like you've set the custom location for artist information to that same directory, which will create /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/ARTISTNAME/information to store the downloaded json files from the various services. So there's probably never any images in the directory you've set as the override folder.

You might want to take a little time and read through the AS wiki page (link in my signature) for the settings and then maybe set AS back to it's default and start clean. But basically the override option will show the same exact slideshow for every artist. It's mostly for if you have something like a slideshow of family images you want to show with music in the background. If you want artist images downloaded you need to make sure the override option is OFF and turn on at least one of the artist fanart services in the IMAGES tabs of the settings. You can let AS store everything in the addon_data folder or change to a custom location if you really want to.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - MB1968 - 2020-01-04

(2020-01-04, 00:46)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-04, 00:22)MB1968 Wrote: Here's the logfile: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/2pzqs6FyvY/

It looks to me like you've turned on the override folder option and set it to /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/. That means AS will only show images in that exact directory (nothing below it). But it also looks like you've set the custom location for artist information to that same directory, which will create /storage/emulated/0/001 Kodi Mappen/Artist Slideshow/ARTISTNAME/information to store the downloaded json files from the various services. So there's probably never any images in the directory you've set as the override folder.

You might want to take a little time and read through the AS wiki page (link in my signature) for the settings and then maybe set AS back to it's default and start clean. But basically the override option will show the same exact slideshow for every artist. It's mostly for if you have something like a slideshow of family images you want to show with music in the background. If you want artist images downloaded you need to make sure the override option is OFF and turn on at least one of the artist fanart services in the IMAGES tabs of the settings. You can let AS store everything in the addon_data folder or change to a custom location if you really want to.
Thanks for the quick reply

The override folder itself does not contain images. There are 112 Artist folders in the override folder. Every artist folder has a subfolder extrafanart (containing the images) and a subfolder information (containing .nfo files) This setup worked perfectly in ASS 2.xx. I'll read the wiki for more info.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-04

New Beta Available (3.0.1~beta14)
- fix for non-images getting added to image list and showing a black screen

Available from my beta repo as usual.

I'd noticed a few times that I was getting a black screen instead of an image in slideshows periodically, but I thought it was just a corrupt cache or image.  I finally tracked it down today, and it turned out I had some directories that had text files left over from a *very* old version of Artist Slideshow.  So I added some logic to only load an image into the slideshow if it's a valid Kodi image type.  Bless the Kodi folks for having a python call to get the valid image types.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - HomerJau - 2020-01-04

Hi PK,

just a quick question. I’m using AS 3 (the official release I think) and noticed last night there’s actually two slideshows running (using Aeon Nox Silvo latest). I only noticed as I have many non 16x9 fanarts with a skin setting of ‘keep’ which scales to largest sides, leaving a blank background on shortest sides with AS 2. I could see a 2nd slideshow running with AS3 in background though.

Do you know about this and has it been fixed in the recent beta updates? If not I can post a log file after installing latest AS beta.

THX

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pulsar124 - 2020-01-04

AS is definitely broken for the latest official Kodi (18.5; at least under Android), whether I am using the pkscout's Leia Estuary mod or not.

I just did a clean reinstall to double check this - freshly installed Kodi 18.5, then installed Leia Estuary mod, then installed the AS, then enabled image override inside AS. Then regardless of the "background diffusion settings" (I tried default, None, and 100%) I get exactly the same behaviour:

- When music starts, first I see the foreground stuff - mp3 built-in image, title, progress bar. All looks bright and contrasty.
 - 1-2 seconds later, I can see my slideshow starting in the background. Foreground is still visible (bright and contrasty), my slideshow has low contrast.
 - 1-2 seconds later, the foreground disappears, my slideshow keeps running, but it still has exactly the same low contrast as before.

If I watch the same images using the Kodi's Pictures mode, they look bright and contrasty.

Is this behaviour intended? If yes, I'd really appreciate if it were fixed, as slideshow looks very bad.

If this is not intended, there must be a bug somewhere, which keeps the slideshow images at low contrast (presumably by keeping a semi-transparent black image in front of it).

Can you please look into this? Here are the logs (AS logging enabled):

https://paste.kodi.tv/epozucivah.kodi

(2020-01-04, 08:41)HomerJau Wrote: Hi PK,

just a quick question. I’m using AS 3 (the official release I think) and noticed last night there’s actually two slideshows running (using Aeon Nox Silvo latest). I only noticed as I have many non 16x9 fanarts with a skin setting of ‘keep’ which scales to largest sides, leaving a blank background on shortest sides with AS 2. I could see a 2nd slideshow running with AS3 in background though.

Do you know about this and has it been fixed in the recent beta updates? If not I can post a log file after installing latest AS beta.

THX
The only "second" slideshow that is running in AS 3.x is a slide that is set in the old skin property for AS 2.x telling people they need to update.  Skins that followed my recommendations for adding 2.x and 3.x support shouldn't be showing both those.  AS only sets one skin property for an image (ArtistSlideshow.Image), so if you're seeing a second image, that's a skin issue.  It's possible the skin isn't hiding the background image when AS provides it an image path and that's what you're seeing.  In any case, AS doesn't actually display any images.  It only provides a skin property with a path to an image for the skin to display.  My suggestion is to ask the Aeon Nox Silvo folks about that.