Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - ray2301 - 2020-01-12

(2020-01-11, 00:10)jasn Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 23:54)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-01-10, 23:10)jasn Wrote: I am having trouble with AS and my preferred skin Aeon MQ8. When in Music Fullscreen the artwork displays in front of and blocks the visualization. I see that you have setting in your Estuary Mod to turn this on/off. Any thoughts on how to fix this for Aeon MQ8 @pkscout?

Thx

That's a skin decision and best asked in the Aeon MQ8 support thread (if there is one).  If you have some understanding of XML you could look at the MusicVisualization.xml file in the Aeon MQ8 thread.  Basically Kodi loads and layers skin items in the order they are in the file, so the stuff near the top loads first and further towards the "back."   

That's just what I needed to know. Thanks.
I'll take a look at the xml file.   
In Aura skin, it wasn't musicvisualization.xml that needed changes but another file. when i added the code in musicvisualization.xml i lost visualizations in fullscreen music player.
in musicvisualization.xml there was a "VAR" command (i don't know if i'm explaining this right) in the code that started with "<control type="multiimage">" that's called $VAR[Image_ArtistFanartVis]
so, i had to find where the $VAR was defined, so i needed to find where "Image_ArtistFanartVis" was in all those .xml files and change that. i used notepad++ to search across the .xml files in the aura directory.
The "Image_ArtistFanartVis" was in "Includes_Images.xml" so i opened it and replaced "Property(ArtistSlideshow)" with "Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)" in that section.
And that was it. Nothing was changed in "musicvisualization.xml" but everything works now.
I hope this can help you find it in your skin.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - jasn - 2020-01-12

Thanks very much @ray2301. I'll report back here and on the Aeon MQ page after I get a chance to look into this.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - jasn - 2020-01-12

[Duplicate post]

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Caesarius - 2020-01-17

Hi pkscout (or anyone else),

Where can I find the latest Artist Slideshow download please (Beta version)?
Thank you kindly.

PS: pkscout- the link of the compatible skin in the Artist Slideshow's Wiki is dead (404 error).

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Caesarius - 2020-01-17

I'm trying to install your skin in order to show the Artist Slideshow but it tells me the dependency on version 5.3.0 could not be satisfied.
I'm running the latest Kodi version.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Caesar

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-17

(2020-01-17, 04:18)Caesarius Wrote: I'm trying to install your skin in order to show the Artist Slideshow but it tells me the dependency on version 5.3.0 could not be satisfied.
I'm running the latest Kodi version.
Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Caesar

It's really hard to know what "latest" version of Kodi means.  If you're running a nightly of Kodi 19 (that is technically, the latest version of Kodi), then I don't have a skin mod that works with that.  If you're running Kodi 18, then you don't, strictly speaking, need my mod to run Artist Slideshow.  Estuary in Kodi 18 (that's the latest production version of Kodi) has support for AS, and as long as you're using 18.5 or later it will work with AS 3.x.  If you want to run my Kodi 18 mod, there's a link in my signature to the thread that has instructions on how to download my skin repo and then use it to install the Leia mod.

As to getting a beta version of AS, there is a link at the bottom of the AS wiki page (that wiki page is also in my sig) to download my beta repo, but I don't recommend using the beta channel unless there is a beta that fixes a specific problem you are having.  I also checked the link in the wiki about the Estuary mod for version 17 (which is NOT the latest Kodi version), and the link does go to the forum post.  But if you installed that on Kodi 18 it won't work.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Caesarius - 2020-01-18

(2020-01-17, 19:15)pkscout Wrote: It's really hard to know what "latest" version of Kodi means.  If you're running a nightly of Kodi 19 (that is technically, the latest version of Kodi), then I don't have a skin mod that works with that.  If you're running Kodi 18, then you don't, strictly speaking, need my mod to run Artist Slideshow.  Estuary in Kodi 18 (that's the latest production version of Kodi) has support for AS, and as long as you're using 18.5 or later it will work with AS 3.x.  If you want to run my Kodi 18 mod, there's a link in my signature to the thread that has instructions on how to download my skin repo and then use it to install the Leia mod.

As to getting a beta version of AS, there is a link at the bottom of the AS wiki page (that wiki page is also in my sig) to download my beta repo, but I don't recommend using the beta channel unless there is a beta that fixes a specific problem you are having.  I also checked the link in the wiki about the Estuary mod for version 17 (which is NOT the latest Kodi version), and the link does go to the forum post.  But if you installed that on Kodi 18 it won't work. 
Hi,

Thank you for your help.
I downloaded the latest *official* Kodi version through the Google Playstore (18.5).
The AS works fine with Estuary but I really like your Confluence mod and I can't install that since it tells me there are dependencies missing. How do I install them please?

This is what your Wiki states:
"4.2 Using Artist Slideshow with the default Estuary Skin
As of Kodi 18, the default Estuary skin has built in basic support for Artist Slideshow. If you are using AS 3.0.0 or later (which is available for Kodi 18 or later), you must be using Kodi 18.5 or later for images to display properly. If you're on Kodi 17 you can use my Estuary mod to support Artist Slideshow.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=303946"
That link on the bottom is a dead link. You might want to point that to version 1.1.1?

I installed the beta repo and it is enabled but I don't know how to run it. I could not find an option for that. Currently version 3.1 is running.
But that is not so important to me. The Confluence skin mod is the most important part I'm looking for to fix since I really DO NOT like the Estuary Skin.

Cheers
Caesar

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Caesarius - 2020-01-18

Sorry, I mean that paragraph and link:
4.1 Find a Compatible Skin
There are a number of skins that support Artist Slideshow, but keeping a running list of them has proved too much work. I'd suggest visiting the Kodi forums and see if the skin you want to use supports Artist Slideshow. I do have a modified version of the default Confluence theme (Kodi 16 and earlier) and Estuary theme (Kodi 17 and later) that include support for Artist Slideshow. To use that skin you will need to download and install my skin repo for Helix or later) and then install the skin from there.
https://github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.0.zip

PS: How can I edit my post here in this forum?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-19

(2020-01-18, 03:54)Caesarius Wrote: Sorry, I mean that paragraph and link:
4.1 Find a Compatible Skin
There are a number of skins that support Artist Slideshow, but keeping a running list of them has proved too much work. I'd suggest visiting the Kodi forums and see if the skin you want to use supports Artist Slideshow. I do have a modified version of the default Confluence theme (Kodi 16 and earlier) and Estuary theme (Kodi 17 and later) that include support for Artist Slideshow. To use that skin you will need to download and install my skin repo for Helix or later) and then install the skin from there.
https://github.com/pkscout/repository.skins.pkscout/raw/helix/repository.skins.pkscout-1.1.0.zip

PS: How can I edit my post here in this forum?

Thanks, I fixed that link.  As for my Confluence mod, I'm not going to be updating that (I didn't even know until looking that Confluence was still available for Kodi 18).  If you want to use Confluence, you'll have to modify the skin yourself.

To edit a post, you can use the edit button at the bottom of your post.  When you click it you have to choose either QUICK or FULL edit (the drop down sometimes gets lost below the bottom of the screen, so you might need to scroll down a bit to see it).

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Caesarius - 2020-01-19

(2020-01-19, 18:46)pkscout Wrote: Thanks, I fixed that link.  As for my Confluence mod, I'm not going to be updating that (I didn't even know until looking that Confluence was still available for Kodi 18).  If you want to use Confluence, you'll have to modify the skin yourself.

To edit a post, you can use the edit button at the bottom of your post.  When you click it you have to choose either QUICK or FULL edit (the drop down sometimes gets lost below the bottom of the screen, so you might need to scroll down a bit to see it).

Hmmm...how can I modify your Confluence skin mod? Anybody else knows how and would be able to do so? I was reading other comments from other users who like the Confluence more as well than that Estuardian (or whatever it is called) skin.

As for the Edit option- see attached screenshot what I have here (no such Edit button...otherwise of course I would have used it):

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-20

(2020-01-19, 20:15)Caesarius Wrote:
(2020-01-19, 18:46)pkscout Wrote: Thanks, I fixed that link.  As for my Confluence mod, I'm not going to be updating that (I didn't even know until looking that Confluence was still available for Kodi 18).  If you want to use Confluence, you'll have to modify the skin yourself.

Hmmm...how can I modify your Confluence skin mod? Anybody else knows how and would be able to do so? I was reading other comments from other users who like the Confluence more as well than that Estuardian (or whatever it is called) skin.

As for the Edit option- see attached screenshot what I have here (no such Edit button...otherwise of course I would have used it):

Your best off asking about modifying the skin in the appropriate skin thread.  Looks like the Confluence one is here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125

It's possible that you aren't allowed to edit posts until you've posted a certain number of times.  That might be why you're not seeing an edit button on your posts.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Caesarius - 2020-01-20

(2020-01-20, 01:56)pkscout Wrote: Your best off asking about modifying the skin in the appropriate skin thread.  Looks like the Confluence one is here:

https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=125

It's possible that you aren't allowed to edit posts until you've posted a certain number of times.  That might be why you're not seeing an edit button on your posts. 
Thanks again mate...I asked there.

Now I see the Edit button too. So you need to post 10 times before someone is able to edit his/her post.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Harro - 2020-01-22

I just wanted to pop in here to say thank you for this add on. It really does make the music shine while listening on a 110" inch screen. One question I have is does the slideshow have a limit to how many slides it will show? Just looking though some of my music folders and realized I have some artists with over 50 fanart jpgs, but don't think the artist slide show will show all those. All my fanart is label fanart0 thru how many I have in the folder.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-01-23

(2020-01-22, 20:57)Harro Wrote: I just wanted to pop in here to say thank you for this add on. It really does make the music shine while listening on a 110" inch screen. One question I have is does the slideshow have a limit to how many slides it will show? Just looking though some of my music folders and realized I have some artists with over 50 fanart jpgs, but don't think the artist slide show will show all those. All my fanart is label fanart0 thru how many I have in the folder.
There's no practical limit to the number of images you can have.  The constraining factor is really the amount of time a given artist is playing.  AS only restarts the slideshow if the artist changes, not the song.  So if you were playing an artist's album, you could probably show 180 images (3 minutes a song with 10 songs and AS switching slides every 10 seconds).  But if you're doing a playlist with lots of artists, you might only get 15 - 25 images shown per artist during the course of a single song.  I have one artist (Taylor Swift) with like 180 images (someone uploading to fanart.tv must really like her), so, given that AS randomizes the image list with each new artist played, I feel confident I will probably never see all those images unless I actually play one of her albums all the way through.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - roura97311 - 2020-01-24

Hello and thank you for this great update.
I have a problem with accents when AS downloads Fanart.
For Céline Dion he downloads the Fanart in this form cline-dion-4f3a7a0a14618.jpg. Accents are not displayed.

I am running Leia 18.5 and AS in version 3.2.0 Beta2

regards