Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - RobinTW - 2020-10-17

@pkscout  Sometimes there is only one image for an artist and it is displayed boringly for the full album.  Is it possible to add some special effects like panning, zoom-in/out, rotation, grey level, and etc in this case?

thanks a lot.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2020-10-17

Hi

I am having problems with music playback and artist extrafanart images. 

I am using Leia 18.8 and the Estuary Mod V2 (KODI 18) skin. I am NOT using Artwork Beef plugin and it is not installed. 

I have a Emby Media Server that downloads all my metadata and artwork image files. 

All music artists on my file server have an "extrafanart" sub-folder with artwork images in there. 

Previously a long time ago, I had to edit a variables.xml for this Estuary Mod v2 skin and make a change in the code to get the skin working with Artist Slideshow plugin, see here.

I also have the script.artwork.helper plugin installed.

The problem is I don't think the skin is any longer using the ArtistSlideshow plugin to display my extrafanart images. 

When playing some artists they show no artwork images at all in the Music OSD screen, even though I have extrafanart images in their folder on the server. 

When playing other artists they do show some extrafanart images and they change and rotate, however they are not necessarily the artwork images I have for that artist in my extrafanart folder on the file server, so I don't know where its getting some of the images from ? 

If I disable the Artwork Helper dependency plugin and play the artist again, its still showing artwork images that are not in my extrafanart sub-folder. These must be cached in the local Kodi DB some how?

For example for one artist I downloaded a new artwork image from Google images and placed it in to that artists extrafanart sub folder on the server. 

However when playing that artist that particular new artwork image is never displayed. 

I've tried uninstalling ArtistSlideshow plugin and installing and configuring it again but no change.

If I switch to the default Estuary skin and play this same artist again, then the new image I downloaded as a test is displayed. It also only shows the 8x extrafanart images I have for this artist in its extrafanart folder. So the Artist Slideshow plugin appears to be working as I expected with the default skin but not with the Estuary Mod v2 skin.

Its all very confusing now and I am not sure what's going on. 

Can anyone advise? 

Thanks.

UPDATE:

I think I've fixed it. I saw this Wiki page here about editing the MusicVisualization.xml file which I found in this path:

/storage/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary.modv2/xml

For the Estuary Mod V2 Skin on line 4 I added this code:

Code:
onload>RunScript(script.artistslideshow)</onload>

Then starting on line 13 and ending on line 28, I removed the <control type="multiimage"> section of code.

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
            <left>0</left>
            <top>0</top>
            <width>100%</width>
            <height>100%</height>
            <aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            <fadetime>400</fadetime>
            <timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
            <randomize>true</randomize>
            <animation effect="fade" start="0" end="100" time="400">WindowOpen</animation>
            <animation effect="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300">WindowClose</animation>
            <imagepath background="true" colordiffuse="$VAR[PlayerFanartOpacityVar]">$VAR[PlayerFanartVar]</imagepath>
            <animation effect="zoom" start="110" end="130" center="auto" time="10000" tween="sine" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animate_artistslideshow)">Conditional</animation>
            <animation effect="slide" start="-30,-30" end="30,30" time="6000" tween="sine" easing="inout" pulse="true" condition="Skin.HasSetting(animate_artistslideshow)">Conditional</animation>
            <visible>!Skin.HasSetting(hide_background_fanart)</visible>
        </control>

I then in its place added this code from the wiki page:

Code:
<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Player.Art(fanart)]</texture>
    <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>
<control type="image">
    <fadetime>400</fadetime>
    <texture background="true">$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image)]</texture>
    <visible>!String.IsEmpty(Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.Image))</visible>
</control>

Rebooted Kodi and now when I play the artists I was testing with, they are now displaying the extrafanart images from the artist\extrafanart folder on the server. 

This was all working OK at some point in the past but obviously something somewhere has changed with the Estuary Mod V2 skin and the Artist Slideshow plugin stopped working.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Karellen - 2020-10-17

(2020-10-17, 11:24)cw-kid Wrote: and placed it in to that artists extrafanart sub folder on the server
Are you aware that Kodi has moved away from the extrafanart folder?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - cw-kid - 2020-10-19

(2020-10-17, 21:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-17, 11:24)cw-kid Wrote: and placed it in to that artists extrafanart sub folder on the server
Are you aware that Kodi has moved away from the extrafanart folder?

Kinda but why change what I already have setup and works? 

There's this new Artist Information folder thing in Kodi, but not read about it fully yet or understand it. 

All my metadata and artwork images are not managed or downloaded by Kodi or any of its 3rd party addons. 

As I said I have Emby Media Server that does all that. 

All artwork images are stored locally on the LAN file server in the media folders etc.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Karellen - 2020-10-19

(2020-10-19, 00:27)cw-kid Wrote: Kinda but why change what I already have setup and works? 
Ok, just wanted to make you aware it has changed. In case pkscout no longer supports the older method.

(2020-10-19, 00:27)cw-kid Wrote: There's this new Artist Information folder thing in Kodi, but not read about it fully yet or understand it. 
Artist information folder (wiki)
If you have, say Grammy Awards 2020 album. There might be 20 different artists on it. Without the AIF, then you can only save artwork for "Various Artists". The AIF allows you to now save artist artwork for all 20 artists.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-10-19

(2020-10-17, 04:24)RobinTW Wrote: @pkscout  Sometimes there is only one image for an artist and it is displayed boringly for the full album.  Is it possible to add some special effects like panning, zoom-in/out, rotation, grey level, and etc in this case?

thanks a lot.
Unfortunately, no. AS doesn't actually control the image view, it just provides a path to the image so the skin can display it. And there's no way for the skin to know there's only one image.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-10-19

(2020-10-19, 00:31)Karellen Wrote:
(2020-10-19, 00:27)cw-kid Wrote: Kinda but why change what I already have setup and works? 
Ok, just wanted to make you aware it has changed. In case pkscout no longer supports the older method.
AS does continue to support the extrafanart method. It's actually still the default method. But if you enable AIF in Kodi, then the AS settings can be changed to use it, and there's an option in the settings to move and rename all your art for AIF.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - intelligirl - 2020-11-22

Hi, I need your kind support.
I am using the latest version of kodi 18.9, AS 3 and a modified Estuary skin by me.
the AS is working fine with my offline music library, and i can see artists' photos in the background, but not when streaming radio music.

My steaming radio parameters are as follows:
$INFO[MusicPlayer.ChannelName] -> RADIO STATION NAME which can be changed on the .ps streaming file.
$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] -> ARTISTNAME - ALBUM received automatically from the provider as the stream plays.

The AS plugin is reading the radio station name (MusicPlayer.ChannelName), so it is downloading 0 pictures every time.
Is there any programming way to fix this?
thanks!

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2020-11-22

(2020-11-22, 11:55)intelligirl Wrote: Hi, I need your kind support.
I am using the latest version of kodi 18.9, AS 3 and a modified Estuary skin by me.
the AS is working fine with my offline music library, and i can see artists' photos in the background, but not when streaming radio music.

$INFO[MusicPlayer.ChannelName] -> RADIO STATION NAME which can be changed on the .ps streaming file.
$INFO[MusicPlayer.Title] -> ARTISTNAME - ALBUM received automatically from the provider as the stream plays.

The AS plugin is reading the radio station name (MusicPlayer.ChannelName), so it is downloading 0 pictures every time.
thanks!
AS uses a Python call to get the title of the playing song:

xbmc.Player().getMusicInfoTag().getTitle()

That is populated by Kodi core when a song starts playing, and I'm not 100% sure where the logic is for that, but I do know it isn't related to the info labels in the skin (i.e. it gets set well before the skin gets involved). So short of compiling a custom version of Kodi core or somehow rewriting the stream header, I don't think there's any way to fix that.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - intelligirl - 2020-11-22

(2020-11-22, 19:09)pkscout Wrote:
(2020-11-22, 11:55)intelligirl Wrote: Hi, I need your kind support.

thanks!
AS uses a Python call to get the title of the playing song:

xbmc.Player().getMusicInfoTag().getTitle()

That is populated by Kodi core when a song starts playing, and I'm not 100% sure where the logic is for that, but I do know it isn't related to the info labels in the skin (i.e. it gets set well before the skin gets involved). So short of compiling a custom version of Kodi core or somehow rewriting the stream header, I don't think there's any way to fix that.
Thanks sir for the information. What is interesting is that I can see the artists wallpaper using the same radio stream using "ACE 2" skin without the AS plugin.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - 1dz61 - 2021-01-07

I use AS among other things to listen to the radio via internet stream Some of my favorite stations only send artist and title information during a song, so AS works wonderfully and shows pictures and bio.

Other stations do it in the same way, but in addition to artist and title info while the song is being played, there are also station info, weather, greetings etc.

With these stations, whenever artist and title information is not sent, the screen is logically black until artist and title is displayed again, etc. etc.

Is there a possibility that the pictures and bio are displayed as long as the song is running, and only changes when a new song is played with another artist?

In other words, I would like to ensure that the screen does not alternately go black if greetings, station information, weather, instead of artist and title, are sent in between.

Greetings from Germany
Thomas

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2021-01-07

(2021-01-07, 10:44)1dz61 Wrote: I use AS among other things to listen to the radio via internet stream Some of my favorite stations only send artist and title information during a song, so AS works wonderfully and shows pictures and bio.

Other stations do it in the same way, but in addition to artist and title info while the song is being played, there are also station info, weather, greetings etc.

With these stations, whenever artist and title information is not sent, the screen is logically black until artist and title is displayed again, etc. etc.

Is there a possibility that the pictures and bio are displayed as long as the song is running, and only changes when a new song is played with another artist?

In other words, I would like to ensure that the screen does not alternately go black if greetings, station information, weather, instead of artist and title, are sent in between.

Greetings from Germany
Thomas
I use the fallback slideshow option to display my favourite artist wallpapers I have collected into a folder, which are displayed when no artist information is bein transmitted.
When the station transmits artist information again that overrides the fall back

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2021-01-07

(2021-01-07, 10:44)1dz61 Wrote: I use AS among other things to listen to the radio via internet stream Some of my favorite stations only send artist and title information during a song, so AS works wonderfully and shows pictures and bio.

Greetings from Germany
Thomas
Here's some examples of the fallback artist wallpapers I use

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-01-07

Greetings from Germany
Thomas
Technically AS doesn't change the slideshow if the artist stays the same. But when a streaming station changes what's being sent and adds stuff, then AS thinks the artist has changed.  It's impossible to keep up with every variation of text a streaming provider might use, so AS only supports the most common two:
  1. artist - title
  2. title - artist
If there is anything else, it gets lumped in with either the artist or title. So in your case I suspect that you go from an artist of "Artist" to an artist of "Artist <more junk from the provider>" and AS treats them as different artists. That's just the way it is.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - 1dz61 - 2021-01-12

First of all, thank you both very much.

I am familiar with the fallback slideshow function and use it.

What I'm looking for is pretty simple.
If no artist pictures are found, then AS should simply continue to show the last artist pictures instead of those from the fallback slideshow.

Thank you again for your efforts.
Thomas