Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-01-12

(2021-01-12, 13:20)1dz61 Wrote: First of all, thank you both very much.

I am familiar with the fallback slideshow function and use it.

What I'm looking for is pretty simple.
If no artist pictures are found, then AS should simply continue to show the last artist pictures instead of those from the fallback slideshow.

Thank you again for your efforts.
Thomas
That's not how Artist Slideshow works, and it makes no sense to me to have it work that way.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2021-01-27

@pkscout 

I have some MP3 tracks on local storage.

When I play them I don't get any artist wallpaper or details. I realise this is because when I copied the MP3s I didn't copy the data that your addon needs to search and find relevant details.

I would like to edit the MP3 details to include the data your addon needs.

Which fields in an MP3 file do I need to add the data to, so your addon finds the artist details and the artist wallpaper?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-01-27

(2021-01-27, 13:27)Jeffers24 Wrote: @pkscout 

I have some MP3 tracks on local storage.

When I play them I don't get any artist wallpaper or details. I realise this is because when I copied the MP3s I didn't copy the data that your addon needs to search and find relevant details.

I would like to edit the MP3 details to include the data your addon needs.

Which fields in an MP3 file do I need to add the data to, so your addon finds the artist details and the artist wallpaper?
I'd suggest using MusicBrainz Picard to add data to the MP3 files. That will add all the needed data (and more).

https://picard.musicbrainz.org/

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - RobinTW - 2021-02-04

AS creates an empty folder if no such artist image/info is available.  How do I get AS to stop creating those empty folders?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-02-04

(2021-02-04, 10:19)RobinTW Wrote: AS creates an empty folder if no such artist image/info is available.  How do I get AS to stop creating those empty folders?
I could've sworn I had fixed that.  AS still creates the folder, but if it's empty at the end I'm pretty sure it deletes it (or is suppose to). If you can tell me an artist where you are seeing that, I can do some checking here on my end.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - RobinTW - 2021-02-05

(2021-02-04, 23:17)pkscout Wrote:
(2021-02-04, 10:19)RobinTW Wrote: AS creates an empty folder if no such artist image/info is available.  How do I get AS to stop creating those empty folders?
I could've sworn I had fixed that.  AS still creates the folder, but if it's empty at the end I'm pretty sure it deletes it (or is suppose to). If you can tell me an artist where you are seeing that, I can do some checking here on my end.
Strange!  I updated again to v.3.2.2 (it was v.3.2.2) and that fixed the problem.  Anyway, thanks a lot.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - manfeed - 2021-02-08

First of all, thanks for this great add-on! I think I've found a small bug (I'm in Matrix) when using Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%.AlbumName). I've uploaded this small video to explain it...

https://streamable.com/s1k3dq

...in order to test, I display the 10 first albums for each artist. As you can see, when the current artist has fewer albums than the previous one, some albums from the former list don't get erased and keep showing. When the artists have plenty of albums this doesn't happen.

Thanks for having a look!

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-02-08

(2021-02-08, 22:27)manfeed Wrote: First of all, thanks for this great add-on! I think I've found a small bug (I'm in Matrix) when using Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%.AlbumName). I've uploaded this small video to explain it...

https://streamable.com/s1k3dq

...in order to test, I display the 10 first albums for each artist. As you can see, when the current artist has fewer albums than the previous one, some albums from the former list don't get erased and keep showing. When the artists have plenty of albums this doesn't happen.

Thanks for having a look!
Could you post a debug log of that happening (including turning on debug logging in the AS settings)? I've looked through the code, and I'm not seeing why or how that would be happening. If I can see a log of it happening, it might help me when looking at the code again.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - manfeed - 2021-02-08

I have also tested with images, with Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%.AlbumThumb) and it happens exactly the same, the old images keep showing. This is the log...

https://paste.kodi.tv/orefedelur.kodi

Thanks.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-02-09

(2021-02-08, 23:32)manfeed Wrote: I have also tested with images, with Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.%.AlbumThumb) and it happens exactly the same, the old images keep showing. This is the log...

https://paste.kodi.tv/orefedelur.kodi

Thanks.
I think I found the problem.  I'm not at home (and won't be until next week), so I don't have an easy way to test the fix though.  If you're up for it, there are two small changes in one file.

file: <kodi userdata folder>/addons/script.artistslideshow/resources/lib/artistslideshow.py
change: lines 1076 and 1080 change str( count ) to str( count + 1 )

When you're done, the code in context should look like this:
Code:
    def _set_properties( self ):
        similar_total = ''
        album_total = ''
        self._set_property( 'ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography', self.BIOGRAPHY )
        for count, item in enumerate( self.SIMILAR ):
            self._set_property( 'ArtistSlideshow.%d.SimilarName' % ( count + 1 ), item[0] )
            self._set_property( 'ArtistSlideshow.%d.SimilarThumb' % ( count + 1 ), item[1] )
            similar_total = str( count + 1 )
        for count, item in enumerate( self.ALBUMS ):
            self._set_property( 'ArtistSlideshow.%d.AlbumName' % ( count + 1 ), item[0] )
            self._set_property( 'ArtistSlideshow.%d.AlbumThumb' % ( count + 1 ), item[1] )
            album_total = str( count + 1 )
        self._set_property( 'ArtistSlideshow.SimilarCount', similar_total )
        self._set_property( 'ArtistSlideshow.AlbumCount', album_total )

Basically I didn't properly take into account how the enumerate function generates numbers versus the range function that is used later when unsetting the items.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - manfeed - 2021-02-09

(2021-02-09, 01:54)pkscout Wrote: I think I found the problem.  I'm not at home (and won't be until next week), so I don't have an easy way to test the fix though.  If you're up for it, there are two small changes in one file.

That was fast! I have made the changes you said and everything seems to work perfect now.

Thanks!

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-02-09

(2021-02-09, 02:15)manfeed Wrote:
(2021-02-09, 01:54)pkscout Wrote: I think I found the problem.  I'm not at home (and won't be until next week), so I don't have an easy way to test the fix though.  If you're up for it, there are two small changes in one file.

That was fast! I have made the changes you said and everything seems to work perfect now.

Thanks!
Great. When I get back home I'll get that into the pipeline for an update. There are some other things I wanted to change in the background, so this is the excuse to do those.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Bilbo430 - 2021-02-20

Hi,

Loved this addon with Kodi but when upgraded to Kodi 19 it doesn't work anymore. Downloaded the latest commit and now getting a python dependency 2.26 error now.
What am I doing wrong? Do I need a python addon?

Thanks,
Bill

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2021-02-20

(2021-02-20, 20:49)Bilbo430 Wrote: Hi,

Loved this addon with Kodi but when upgraded to Kodi 19 it doesn't work anymore. Downloaded the latest commit and now getting a python dependency 2.26 error now.
What am I doing wrong? Do I need a python addon?

Thanks,
Bill
I just responded to your issue on github. If you installed AS from a zip file from the Github repo (which is not the recommended install method), then Matrix didn't auto update it. You should probably manually delete AS and then install it from the main Kodi addon repo from within Kodi. That way you'll get the auto updates.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - RobinTW - 2021-03-05

There are two ALBUMARTISTS and one ARTIST in this track.  However when I play this track, I only get ARTIST, Johann Strauss, displayed.

If I want all three displayed, I need to edit ARTIST to Erich Kunzel / Cincinnati Pops Orchestra / Johann Strauss.  Can Artist Slideshow read those two ALBUMARTISTS and one ARTIST tags, and display all three without me editing the tags?  Thanks a lot.

ALBUM    Ein Straussfest
ALBUMARTIST    Erich Kunzel, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
ALBUMARTISTS    Erich Kunzel
ALBUMARTISTS    Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
ALBUMARTISTSORT    Kunzel, Erich, Cincinnati Pops Orchestra
ARTIST    Johann Strauss
ARTISTS    Johann Strauss
ARTISTSORT    Strauss, Johann
ASIN    B000003CTC
BARCODE    89408009822
CATALOGNUMBER    CD-80098
DISCNUMBER    1