Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2022-11-14

@Jeffers24 I have a beta of AS that should delete stuff in the ArtistInformation folder, but it only does it in conjunction with deletes from the ArtistSlideshow folder.  So it would only help you going forward.  but you can, as I mentioned in the last post, just delete the ArtistInformation folder and then let AS manage it after that.  If you want to try the beta code, it's at:

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/tree/new-version

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2022-11-15

Thanks for reply and link to beta version.
I'll delete the folders manually and install the beta version and let you know how it goes.
I could live with a manual delete.
I would prefer the automatic delete version as this would help my non-techinical older relatives who would most likely delete the wrong folders.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2022-11-15

I am not a github user so I don't know if I did the right thing.
I downloaded the Matrix beta repo zip:- repository.beta.pkscout-1.1.2.zip
Installed zip in Kodi, repo installed.
When I try to open the zip I get the error in the screenshot.

Your guess was correct, I listen to radio streaming stations a lot, I also listen to locally stored CDs, MP3s.........
I would be happy to let you have copies of the files, they are large and I don't have any file share to upload them to.
The best I could do is a couple of screenshots.
ImageImage

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2022-11-15

(2022-11-15, 07:12)Jeffers24 Wrote: I am not a github user so I don't know if I did the right thing.
I need to update all my docs.  I'm not using the beta repo anymore.  If you go to the link I provided to Github there is a link under the CODE button to download a zip that you can manually install in Kodi.  It should look something like this:

Thanks, that was the info I needed.
I've downloaded the zip, I'll install it and see what happens.
Will this beta version allow me to control the size of the artistslideshow and artistinformation folders automatically?

(2022-11-15, 14:16)pkscout Wrote:
(2022-11-15, 07:12)Jeffers24 Wrote: I am not a github user so I don't know if I did the right thing.
I need to update all my docs.  I'm not using the beta repo anymore.  If you go to the link I provided to Github there is a link under the CODE button to download a zip that you can manually install in Kodi.  It should look something like this:

I've installed the Beta version.
I can't see how I can set/control the size of the artistslideshow and artistinformation folders? Or, the cache size now?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2022-11-16

(2022-11-15, 16:10)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2022-11-15, 14:16)pkscout Wrote:

I've installed the Beta version.
I can't see how I can set/control the size of the artistslideshow and artistinformation folders? Or, the cache size now?

I'll fix that.  I converted the settings to the new format for Matrix/Nexus, and I think that one got messed up.  And thus why we do betas.  '-)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2022-11-16

NPs, let me know when there is a new version and I'll download and test.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2022-11-16

(2022-11-16, 13:55)Jeffers24 Wrote: NPs, let me know when there is a new version and I'll download and test.

It's up now.  Same place and process.  It'll show as version 3.3.3~beta2.  Along with the issue you reported, I cleaned up all the settings for both indentation and display logic.  Usually the settings conversions are pretty clean, but I think the AS settings are a bit more complex than some, Some of the logic for which settings to show and hide didn't come across well.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2022-11-16

(2022-11-16, 20:01)pkscout Wrote:
(2022-11-16, 13:55)Jeffers24 Wrote: NPs, let me know when there is a new version and I'll download and test.

It's up now.  Same place and process.  It'll show as version 3.3.3~beta2.  Along with the issue you reported, I cleaned up all the settings for both indentation and display logic.  Usually the settings conversions are pretty clean, but I think the AS settings are a bit more complex than some, Some of the logic for which settings to show and hide didn't come across well.
I have downloaded and installed it.
Set cache size to 128MB.
I don't see how I can restrict the sizes of the artistslideshow and artistinformation folders?
This is Kodi 19.4 on a W10 laptop.

(2022-11-16, 20:18)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2022-11-16, 20:01)pkscout Wrote:

Set cache size to 128MB.
I don't see how I can restrict the sizes of the artistslideshow and artistinformation folders?
You done it.  By setting the cache size, AS will now delete the oldest stuff once the ArtistSlideshow folder gets above 128mb.  There is no separate setting for the ArtistInformation folder.  When images for a given artist are deleted from the ArtistSlideshow folder, the corresponding ArtistInformation folder will also be deleted.  Technically, the 128mb setting isn't the *total* amount capped between the two folders, just the ArtistSlideshow folder.  It was too much work to try and calculate both folder sizes, and for most people the largest folder by far is the ArtistSlideshow folder, not the ArtistInformation folder.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2022-11-17

(2022-11-16, 21:56)pkscout Wrote:
(2022-11-16, 20:18)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2022-11-16, 20:01)pkscout Wrote: It's up now.  Same place and process.  It'll show as version 3.3.3~beta2.  Along with the issue you reported, I cleaned up all the settings for both indentation and display logic.  Usually the settings conversions are pretty clean, but I think the AS settings are a bit more complex than some, Some of the logic for which settings to show and hide didn't come across well.
Set cache size to 128MB.
You done it.  By setting the cache size, AS will now delete the oldest stuff once the ArtistSlideshow folder gets above 128mb.  There is no separate setting for the ArtistInformation folder.  When images for a given artist are deleted from the ArtistSlideshow folder, the corresponding ArtistInformation folder will also be deleted.  Technically, the 128mb setting isn't the *total* amount capped between the two folders, just the ArtistSlideshow folder.  It was too much work to try and calculate both folder sizes, and for most people the largest folder by far is the ArtistSlideshow folder, not the ArtistInformation folder.
Thanks for explaining.

I'll run the new version for a while and let you know how the folders sizes work out.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2022-11-20

(2022-11-17, 19:16)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2022-11-16, 21:56)pkscout Wrote:
(2022-11-16, 20:18)Jeffers24 Wrote: I have downloaded and installed it.
Set cache size to 128MB.
Thanks for explaining.

I'll run the new version for a while and let you know how the folders sizes work out.
I have run the Beta 3.3.3. beta 2 using the Radio addon to populate the ArtistSlideshow folder. It took a few hours to populate the ArtisSlideshow folder upto 128MB.
From my testing I would say your update is working and is keeping the ArtistSlideshow folder below the 128MB I have set in the Artist Slideshow configuration.
When you issue a formal release update will it update the Beta 3.3.3 beta 2 version that I have installed?

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2022-11-20

(2022-11-20, 10:58)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2022-11-17, 19:16)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2022-11-16, 21:56)pkscout Wrote: You done it.  By setting the cache size, AS will now delete the oldest stuff once the ArtistSlideshow folder gets above 128mb.  There is no separate setting for the ArtistInformation folder.  When images for a given artist are deleted from the ArtistSlideshow folder, the corresponding ArtistInformation folder will also be deleted.  Technically, the 128mb setting isn't the *total* amount capped between the two folders, just the ArtistSlideshow folder.  It was too much work to try and calculate both folder sizes, and for most people the largest folder by far is the ArtistSlideshow folder, not the ArtistInformation folder.
Thanks for explaining.

I have run the Beta 3.3.3. beta 2 using the Radio addon to populate the ArtistSlideshow folder. It took a few hours to populate the ArtisSlideshow folder upto 128MB.
From my testing I would say your update is working and is keeping the ArtistSlideshow folder below the 128MB I have set in the Artist Slideshow configuration.
When you issue a formal release update will it update the Beta 3.3.3 beta 2 version that I have installed?
It should update, yes.  While I don't normally announce updates here, I will try and remember to do that this time so that you can doublecheck that it updated properly.  Just as an FYI, I probably won't submit the update until after the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US, and sometimes it can take awhile for those to get reviewed and approved.