Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2022-11-20

(2022-11-20, 16:24)pkscout Wrote:
(2022-11-20, 10:58)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2022-11-17, 19:16)Jeffers24 Wrote: Thanks for explaining.

I'll run the new version for a while and let you know how the folders sizes work out.
I have run the Beta 3.3.3. beta 2 using the Radio addon to populate the ArtistSlideshow folder. It took a few hours to populate the ArtisSlideshow folder upto 128MB.
From my testing I would say your update is working and is keeping the ArtistSlideshow folder below the 128MB I have set in the Artist Slideshow configuration.
When you issue a formal release update will it update the Beta 3.3.3 beta 2 version that I have installed?
It should update, yes.  While I don't normally announce updates here, I will try and remember to do that this time so that you can doublecheck that it updated properly.  Just as an FYI, I probably won't submit the update until after the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US, and sometimes it can take awhile for those to get reviewed and approved.
NPs, sometime after the 24th is fine.

Thanks for a great addon and this latest enhancement

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2022-11-28

(2022-11-20, 16:43)Jeffers24 Wrote:
(2022-11-20, 16:24)pkscout Wrote:
(2022-11-20, 10:58)Jeffers24 Wrote: I have run the Beta 3.3.3. beta 2 using the Radio addon to populate the ArtistSlideshow folder. It took a few hours to populate the ArtisSlideshow folder upto 128MB.
From my testing I would say your update is working and is keeping the ArtistSlideshow folder below the 128MB I have set in the Artist Slideshow configuration.
When you issue a formal release update will it update the Beta 3.3.3 beta 2 version that I have installed?
It should update, yes.  While I don't normally announce updates here, I will try and remember to do that this time so that you can doublecheck that it updated properly.  Just as an FYI, I probably won't submit the update until after the Thanksgiving holiday here in the US, and sometimes it can take awhile for those to get reviewed and approved.
NPs, sometime after the 24th is fine.

Thanks for a great addon and this latest enhancement
After installing the Beta version on the 15/11 and running the Radio addon in Kodi for hours every day, I can confirm that the ArtisSlideshow folder was always less than the 128MB that I had set in the addon configuration.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2022-12-04

@Jeffers24 The official update got pushed to the repo last night.  If you have auto updating on, the beta should update automatically within the next day.  If it doesn't, you can manually force an update.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - boxcar32 - 2022-12-04

Hi pkscout,

I am using the OSMC skin and wanted the artist Bio to show on the music visualization screen. I can see I need to insert this line (Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography) somewhere in the musicvisualization.xml. 

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Jeffers24 - 2022-12-04

Thanks for 3.3.3 update.
It updated the Beta version automatically.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2022-12-04

(2022-12-04, 14:06)boxcar32 Wrote: Hi pkscout,

I am using the OSMC skin and wanted the artist Bio to show on the music visualization screen. I can see I need to insert this line (Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography) somewhere in the musicvisualization.xml. 

Yup.  But you have to get it into a textbox and place it where you want. And you might need a semi-transparent background image so the text is readable.  Here's an example of how my Estuary mod does it.  You might want to ask in the OSMC forums if you still have questions after this:

xml:

<control type="group">
            <control type="image">
                <top>125</top>
                <right>0</right>
                <width>1025</width>
                <height>475</height>
                <texture colordiffuse="80FFFFFF">dialogs/dialog-bg-nobo.png</texture>
            </control>
            <control type="textbox" id="1012">
                <top>132</top>
                <right>50</right>
                <width>50%</width>
                <height>450</height>
                <description>Artist Biography from Artist Slideshow</description>
                <align>right</align>
                <aligny>top</aligny>
                <font>font13</font>
                <scroll>true</scroll>
                <wrapmultiline>true</wrapmultiline>
                <autoscroll time="2000" delay="10000" repeat="5000"></autoscroll>
                <label>$INFO[Window(Visualisation).Property(ArtistSlideshow.ArtistBiography)]</label>
            </control>
        </control>

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - boxcar32 - 2022-12-04

You rock. Thank you very much for this info and AS. It showed on screen and all I have to do is place it in a location.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - horizons1 - 2022-12-26

Hey @pkscout I just wanted to drop you a note to say how great it is that AS just keeps working. I've been using it for a few years now and it's so great to see new artwork popping up for artists I add to my collection without me having to tinker with anything. Thank you.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - oliaros - 2023-01-26

Hello out there,
I am using Confluence v4.6.11 under Libreelec Leia on a Raspi 3B and would like to run the Artist Slideshow. What patches I do have to insert?
Thanks for your support,
oliaros

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2023-01-27

(2023-01-26, 19:07)oliaros Wrote: Hello out there,
I am using Confluence v4.6.11 under Libreelec Leia on a Raspi 3B and would like to run the Artist Slideshow. What patches I do have to insert?
Thanks for your support,
oliaros
There aren't specific instructions for Confluence, but the wiki page for AS still has instructions for updating Estuary (from before Estuary added support), and that should be enough to get you headed in the right direction.

https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Artist_Slideshow

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2023-02-10

Hey @pkscout long time no chat (since the XSqueeze <> Artist Slidehow days!).  Hope you are well!  I have just noticed recently that AS (I am using Confluence still, with the mod as per the wiki) - is working fine generally, but for some odd reason the Artist Thumb image that gets added into the mix is not scaled - so I am getting one image with chopped off heads for each of my artists...

(I have concluded it is the Artist Thumb image, as that's the only place I can find these images...). 

Any ideas what might be causing that?  The slideshow looks great but then boom every iteration there's the headless artist again Wink Not ideal!

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2023-02-10

(2023-02-10, 05:14)bossanova808 Wrote: Hey @pkscout long time no chat (since the XSqueeze <> Artist Slidehow days!).  Hope you are well!  I have just noticed recently that AS (I am using Confluence still, with the mod as per the wiki) - is working fine generally, but for some odd reason the Artist Thumb image that gets added into the mix is not scaled - so I am getting one image with chopped off heads for each of my artists...

(I have concluded it is the Artist Thumb image, as that's the only place I can find these images...). 

Any ideas what might be causing that?  The slideshow looks great but then boom every iteration there's the headless artist again Wink Not ideal!
AS doesn't download Artist Thumb, so I'm wondering where that's coming from.  Do you have AS setup using the Artist Information Folder?  Maybe it's in there and not properly getting filtered from the results.  You can update your Confluence mod and use "keep" instead of "scale" for the aspectratio.  That will keep the artist head from getting cutoff, but it will show in its original aspect ratio (which is probably square).  if you have any other images that aren't 16x9, they would also not fill the screen.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - bossanova808 - 2023-02-11

These will have come from Artwork Beef I'd guess.

But yep, keep seems what I want anyway - I didn't actually notice the AS mod was scaling things, as most are clearly 16:9.  But yes, I am using the Artist Information Folder, and looking in there I see both thumb.jpg (square format, often, it seems) - and some square fanarts as well.  Also, digging in manually, a few duplicates which explains some other things.  I'll do some clean-up this weekend I think.  A lot of the duplicates seem to be due to Artist name issues (B & S vs. B And S, etc).

I definitely don't want images cropped, or indeed warped from their original aspect ratio, so you're right 'keep' is the way to go (indeed, a bit surprised that isn't the default really).   Will change that, thanks.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Longtime Collector - 2023-03-09

Fabulous add-on I've just discovered after using Kodi for many years. Thanks so much.
I went to make a donation at Fanart.tv and they made it difficult (forcing me to disable my vpn, etc.). So before I waste more time with the donation can someone inform me how much better it is to have selected the donation button in the add-on setup. I'm trying to be as supportive as possible.

RE: Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2023-03-10

(2023-03-09, 18:17)Longtime Collector Wrote: Fabulous add-on I've just discovered after using Kodi for many years. Thanks so much.
I went to make a donation at Fanart.tv and they made it difficult (forcing me to disable my vpn, etc.). So before I waste more time with the donation can someone inform me how much better it is to have selected the donation button in the add-on setup. I'm trying to be as supportive as possible.
You'll get new images from fanart.tv sooner.  That's really it.  I don't remember the exact time, but I think without the donation button selected AS will only check for new images at fanart.tv every couple of weeks.  The donation button I think changes it to every couple of days.