Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

New Frodo BETA Support Files - pkscout - 2012-11-21

If you are trying out the beta version of Frodo, you can download Artist Slideshow support files for the new Confluence skin from here.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mardup - 2012-11-21

Hello,
every time i play a Various Artist Compilation, I have an error of the script.
My songs are tagged like this :
[ Artist ] : <artist_of_the_song>
[ Album Artist ] : Various Artists

Quote:14:53:40 T:528 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: current artist is Cat Power
14:53:40 T:528 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: looking for local artwork
14:53:40 T:528 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cachedir = F:\Musiques\Albums\Cat Power\extrafanart
14:53:40 T:528 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: start download
14:53:40 T:528 DEBUG: script.artistslideshow: cachedir = C:\Users\Moncoeurjoli\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.artistslideshow\ArtistSlideshow\8a0628a9\
14:53:40 T:528 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at C:\Users\Moncoeurjoli\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\language\French, fallback to strings.xml
14:53:40 T:528 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at C:\Users\Moncoeurjoli\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\resources\language\English, fallback to strings.xml
14:53:40 T:528 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Moncoeurjoli\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 753, in <module>
slideshow = Main()
File "C:\Users\Moncoeurjoli\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 134, in __init__
self._use_correct_artwork()
File "C:\Users\Moncoeurjoli\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 182, in _use_correct_artwork
self._start_download()
File "C:\Users\Moncoeurjoli\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.artistslideshow\default.py", line 342, in _start_download
xbmc.executebuiltin('XBMC.Notification("' + __language__(30300).encode("utf8") + '", "' + __language__(30301).encode("utf8") + '", 5000, ' + __addonicon__ + ')')
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 20: ordinal not in range(128)
-->End of Python script error report<--
14:53:40 T:3712 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (DialogKaiToast.xml) ------

This problem only occurs withs compilations, and not with a full single artist album

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-11-22

Would you confirm you have the most current version of AS (the current version is 1.4.5)? I could have sworn I tracked down the last of those unicode issues with 1.4.5. If not I think I may just beat my head against the desk for awhile, as that seems about as useful as trying to debug the unicode problems when I don't really have any artists in my collection using non-ascii characters. Tongue

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mardup - 2012-11-23

Hello ...
I use the latest version of AS.
Don't you think that the problem is because, with compilations, there is not a folder with the <artist name>\extrafanart ?
My compilations are in \albums\Various Artist\<album name> ... AS seems to look in \Albums\<artist_of_the_song>\extrafanart
This explain why I only have this problem with compilations ...

Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-11-23

If a particular artist folder doesn't exist, AS will still try and download art from the Internet (unless you disable both download site options). And if it doesn't find anything it will just show a black screen (or your fallback folder if configured). That shouldn't cause a script error. I have lots of artists with no local art, and it works fine.

Would you post a complete log file on pastbin or xbmclogs so I can look through it. Ideally you would start debugging, quit XBMC, relaunch it, and the go right into one of the songs giving you problems.

Thanks.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mardup - 2012-11-23

Here is the log with XBMC in french ( with the script error )
http://pastebin.com/thUt2Ljj

I tried with XBMC in english, and NO error !!! Smile
http://pastebin.com/2cjbtCje

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-11-24

I think I know how to fix the issue. In the meantime, if you turn off the display of download status, you shouldn't see that issue anymore.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - mardup - 2012-11-24

(2012-11-24, 10:00)pkscuot Wrote: , if you turn off the display of download status, you shouldn't see that issue anymore.

Yes !!!!! This tip corrected the problem !

Thanks !!!!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-11-25

I just submitted a pull request to update Artist Slideshow to v1.4.6. This version fixes the following:

- fix for improper parsing of multiple artists (i.e. AC/DC now shows as one artist)
- fix multiartist display in cases where first artist has no images
- fixed script error when using utf-8 encoded text in download pop up messages
- added English strings.po file for Frodo and added addon to transifex translation engine

The last one is a note for those of you who have been nice enough to maintain translations for artist slideshow. I'm going to be using the XBMC translation system moving forward, so you won't have to send me translations directly. If you aren't already participating in the translation efforts, check out the translation forum for more info on how to join.

This allows me to get out of having to compile and maintain these, will get me Frodo versions of all the string files, and may even get us more translations than we have now.

In the personal growth category, I figured out how to change the XBMC language so I could actually test the fix for the pop ups. And I now own one AC/DC song. How much that second one really adds to my personal growth I'll leave up to the reader. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - Martijn - 2012-12-02

Error on latest version and xbmc master

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17197
line 1498

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-12-04

(2012-12-02, 16:56)Martijn Wrote: Error on latest version and xbmc master

http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=17197
line 1498

Are you still seeing this? And is it a regular thing or just once in awhile? I can't seem to duplicate the issue on my OSX machine (which is running Frodo b2), and my Windows machine is still on the mainland for a few more months until I get my household recombined.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - dugan26 - 2012-12-07

disregard post - i got it - found the setting artist slide show main menu under the skin setting-

Hi-

I love artist slide show - bravo - question for you guys-

I had set this up many months ago in my living room - and finally got around to setting up my second xbmc box in the basement and cant for the life of me get this working again - even when i compare settings between both boxes.

I defenitely never altered any .xml files i thought i just enabled artist slide show and pointed to where my music library is - it is the same library that my original box uses so not sure what else i need to do?

Using win7 Eden MQ3

there is nothing else to it no?

and - ran the cdart manager again
and scanned music to library

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-12-07

I've never had any success getting artist slideshow to show artwork from a remote share, so if you're pointing to local artwork or an addon directory on a remote machine, it probably won't work.

On the second machine you could create a local folder for the local artist artwork and point it there instead. I know that means separating out the music and artwork on the second machine, but its the best suggestion I have.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - dugan26 - 2012-12-07

really ? hmmm - my music is all on a remote drive on a NAS + the artwork which cdart manager brought all as xx.tbn files ... and on my first machine it works like a champ - i think it might be skin related - because it works in Aeon MQ3 but i cant get the setting in Nox ...

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2012-12-07

Ah, I thought you were using the same ski on both machines. You might check with the skin folks then. BTW, remote artwork should probably work in theory, but its never worked for me, and I mostly just have one production HTPC anyway.