Kodi Community Forum
Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: Release Artist Slideshow addon (with skin and addon integration) (/showthread.php?tid=124880)

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2013-09-12

AS does have issues with stripping out html tags such as
Code:
<a href...> </a>
and
Code:
<span...> </span>

Here is an artist which I have artist tagged as 치치 . I use this because it is "last.fm" friendly. In musicbrainz if you search from a browser, it immediately finds the group as Chi Chi via an alias tag in the mb database. I don't think AS could ever deal with this. But it does get the lastfmartistbio.nfo with no problem. However, if you look at the data in that file, you see:
Code:
<![CDATA[        CHI-CHI (<a href="http://www.last.fm/music/%EC%B9%98%EC%B9%98" class="bbcode_artist">치치</a>) is a South Korean all-girl quartet (formerly having seven members) signed under the label <span title="Unknown label" class="bbcode_unknown">Yedang Entertainment</span> (예당엔터테인먼트). They debuted in 2011 with the release of their first digital single, '<a title="치치 &ndash; 장난치지마" href="http://www.last.fm/music/%EC%B9%98%EC%B9%98/_/%EC%9E%A5%EB%82%9C%EC%B9%98%EC%A7%80%EB%A7%88" class="bbcode_track">장난치지마</a>' (Dont Play Around), an upbeat dance-pop song. Their comeback song, '<a title="치치 &ndash; Longer" href="http://www.last.fm/music/%EC%B9%98%EC%B9%98/_/Longer" class="bbcode_track">Longer</a>' ('롱거') was released on July 2011.  Their name &quot;CHI-CHI&quot; is an acronym for &quot;Creative electronic House Idols&quot;. The members are: Shine (샤인),Semi (세미), Ah Ji (아지), , and Soo-i (수이). Former members are: Nara (나라), Ji Yoo (지유), Boreum (보름), and Peach (피치).

<a href="http://www.last.fm/music/%EC%B9%98%EC%B9%98">Read more about 치치 on Last.fm</a>.

User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.]]>

But this is what shows in XBMC 12.2 (Ace skin):

So I wrote a script that strips out all the tags from the summary and content sections of the nfo:

Code:
<![CDATA[        CHI-CHI (치치) is a South Korean all-girl quartet (formerly having seven members) signed under the label Yedang Entertainment (예당엔터테인먼트). They debuted in 2011 with the release of their first digital single, '장난치지마' (Dont Play Around), an upbeat dance-pop song. Their comeback song, 'Longer' ('롱거') was released on July 2011.  Their name &quot;CHI-CHI&quot; is an acronym for &quot;Creative electronic House Idols&quot;. The members are: Shine (샤인),Semi (세미), Ah Ji (아지), , and Soo-i (수이). Former members are: Nara (나라), Ji Yoo (지유), Boreum (보름), and Peach (피치).

Read more about 치치 on Last.fm.

User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.]]>

and that fixes the display:

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - capfuturo - 2013-09-12

Good night scott967,

I think I can just say this in one way only: BIG THANK YOU!!!

I am grateful you found this issue, investigated it and got it fixed. Is this script something pkscuot can make available in a new version of AS or it is something one has to run as a standalone script?

Thanks again for your contribution!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-09-13

(2013-09-12, 22:15)scott967 Wrote: AS does have issues with stripping out html tags such as
Code:
<a href...> </a>
and
Code:
<span...> </span>

<snip>

So I wrote a script that strips out all the tags from the summary and content sections of the nfo:

I'd definitely be interested in seeing the script and potentially incorporating it (or at least the logic) into AS. I haven't really done much to update the text cleanup routine since I took over maintenance, and I look at the bios so infrequently that I had no idea there was a problem.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2013-09-13

All I did was run a regex find and replace against the ArtistInformation cache folder using a text editor. Not sure how to do that from python but the regex I used was
Code:
<a [^>]*>|</a>|<span[^>]*>|</span>
I suppose there could be a more general solution but my knowledge of regex is of the "try it and see what happens" level.

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-09-14

I just released a new beta (1.5.5.002) that incorporates the regex from scott967. I haven't really tested it any more than confirming it doesn't crash. I did do a manual regex of a last.fm bio, and it definitely cleans up better than before.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/releases/download/v.1.5.5.002/script.artistslideshow.zip

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-09-14

Artist Slideshow is not meant to fill empty extrafanart folders, though if you pick the right preference settings (namely using both local and remote fanart and pointing AS to your extranfanart directory) it will sort of do that. If what you want is to populate your extrafanart folders, you're better off using something like Artwork Downloader.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - capfuturo - 2013-09-14

(2013-09-14, 04:17)pkscuot Wrote: I just released a new beta (1.5.5.002) that incorporates the regex from scott967. I haven't really tested it any more than confirming it doesn't crash. I did do a manual regex of a last.fm bio, and it definitely cleans up better than before.

https://github.com/pkscout/script.artistslideshow/releases/download/v.1.5.5.002/script.artistslideshow.zip
Good night pkscuot,

The zip file you linked in your post has a wrong structure and can't be installed, according to XBMC 12.2; however I downloaded the master zip from here and installed successfully.

The truncated bios can be appreciated 30 posts back in the thread (my post #637) and I am relieved it was an issue finally dealt with. I believe posting the new results after the update here could make things easier for everybody to make their own conclusions. Artists bios before updating AS (LEFT); artists bios after updating to latest beta (RIGHT):

Thanks again scott967 and pkscuot for adding this little cleansing code to AS. Much appreciated!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - scott967 - 2013-09-14

(2013-09-14, 04:17)pkscuot Wrote: I just released a new beta (1.5.5.002) that incorporates the regex from scott967. I haven't really tested it any more than confirming it doesn't crash. I did do a manual regex of a last.fm bio, and it definitely cleans up better than before.

Will check it out. I did some homework and now have basic understanding of python re.sub(regex_pattern,replace_text,text_string) and sort of see what you are doing and did my own hack but also just confirmed it still works. I wasn't sure when you are cleaning up the text though, when you store the nfo file or only when displaying? I probably can figure out from test (too lazy right now to try to better understand your code).

scott s.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-09-15

(2013-09-14, 21:38)scott967 Wrote: Will check it out. I did some homework and now have basic understanding of python re.sub(regex_pattern,replace_text,text_string) and sort of see what you are doing and did my own hack but also just confirmed it still works. I wasn't sure when you are cleaning up the text though, when you store the nfo file or only when displaying? I probably can figure out from test (too lazy right now to try to better understand your code).

It's cleaned up on display. At least I'm pretty sure it is. That's a chuck of code I inherited, and I've never really had to look at it that close since it just worked (mostly).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - ettescott - 2013-10-08

pkscuot, phenomenal add-on! About 90% of my XBMC use is music and your addon is the number one reason I love XBMC!

To anyone out there: I am wondering if there is a way to disable the screensaver during playback when the music visualization is set to 'none'. I love my screensaver for when I'm not playing back music, and artist slideshow for when I am listening, but without a visualization, the screensaver still kicks in. Thanks!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-10-08

(2013-10-08, 05:41)ettescott Wrote: pkscuot, phenomenal add-on! About 90% of my XBMC use is music and your addon is the number one reason I love XBMC!

To anyone out there: I am wondering if there is a way to disable the screensaver during playback when the music visualization is set to 'none'. I love my screensaver for when I'm not playing back music, and artist slideshow for when I am listening, but without a visualization, the screensaver still kicks in. Thanks!

I don't see any easy way to turn off the screen saver programatically. I did find something that looks like you could do it using the HTTP-API, but that was depreciated and I didn't see any replacement in the JSON stuff. I'll keep looking into though. Maybe you can find a visualization that is just a transparency so that Artist Slideshow would be displayed no matter how the skin displays visualizations (some show the visualization in front of AS, some behind).

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - ettescott - 2013-10-09

Thanks for the response!

I wasn't able to find a transparent visualization, but the 'krash-cardiac rhythm' visualization (found in the WinampPreset archive in the resources for the milkdrop plugin) has an almost imperceptible footprint when artist slideshow is faded into the background. In milkdrop settings, I just selected a user defined preset folder with only the one .mlk file in the directory.

Works for now. Thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - sixtiesstereo - 2013-10-10

(2012-03-15, 01:26)sstavross Wrote: Hi!
Just playing with you addon and I found it very nice! Really very beautifull!
I have a request, if possible : Can you have an option for playing a slideshow for images allready stored in the folder of each album? Playing images not stored in a single folder but the ones that exists in the folder of the album that plays in the moment. I have classical cd albums with scanned all the album art and images and these all are stored in each album's folder. I would like very much to see this images in a slideshow.

I decided to quote this message from about a year and a half ago to see if anything has been, or is being, done regarding this request. I've been using Media Monkey
for quite a while now, and love the integrated full screen album art viewer they have which while playing an album allows you to scroll through all of the images stored
in the currently playing albums folder. I've been scanning all of my cd artwork as hi res .jpg's into each albums specific folder for probably 10 years now, including booklet
liner notes, the back tray, and any artist images from either the booklet of from the web.
However, I absolutely am amazed at how good XBMC has become, and using the Transparency skin, for me, it's the best looking and functional media player on my
60" home theater set-up. By far. And artist slideshow is one of the things I like the most.
I've gone ahead and copied and pasted some of my .jpg images into the user data folder for a particular artist, and they do display just fine while running artistslideshow
along with the images it's obtained from the web. Unfortunately, I've got around a thousand albums on my HDD.
Is it possible to add a selection to the config settings that, in addition to those already provided, would also have a selection for "current folder", which would be the
currently playing album folder? Otherwise, perhaps a new slideshow music add-on called "Album Slideshow". It would make XBMC, for users like myself, the best
HTPC music player available, not that it already is very close.[/size]

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - pkscout - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-10, 01:18)sixtiesstereo Wrote:
I have a request, if possible : Can you have an option for playing a slideshow for images allready stored in the folder of each album? Playing images not stored in a single folder but the ones that exists in the folder of the album that plays in the moment. I have classical cd albums with scanned all the album art and images and these all are stored in each album's folder. I would like very much to see this images in a slideshow.

I decided to quote this message from about a year and a half ago to see if anything has been, or is being, done regarding this request.

Honestly, no. I can look at it again, but I think last time I started digging I found it difficult to find out the actual path to the file that was playing, and without that "current folder" doesn't really have any meaning.

RE: [RELEASE] Artist Slideshow 1.3.0 addon (with skin and addon integration) - sixtiesstereo - 2013-10-11

(2013-10-11, 04:21)pkscuot Wrote:
(2013-10-10, 01:18)sixtiesstereo Wrote:

I decided to quote this message from about a year and a half ago to see if anything has been, or is being, done regarding this request.

Honestly, no. I can look at it again, but I think last time I started digging I found it difficult to find out the actual path to the file that was playing, and without that "current folder" doesn't really have any meaning.

Thanks for the reply. Perhaps another programmer can figure out a way to come up with a separate add-on called "Album Folder Slideshow", but as you said, maybe it's
really tricky to do in XBMC.
The odd thing, while I realize XBMC is unable to use Winamp plugins, there is an old Winamp general plugin called "ShowCover" that I've been using for at least 12 years
now, that does exactly what I've been describing, and it also works in any media player that uses general Winamp plugins. It only consists of one dll, a text file (for config) and a skinnable .bmp file, which I edited to suit my taste. It's old, from way back in 2000, and I don't believe the programmer has updated it since 2000. But
you may want to download it to see how it works (assuming you have a copy of Winamp to install it to). I've resized it to full screen, so if I open it while playing a track in Winamp, it scrolls through the folder artwork full screen. Also, this works beautifully in Media Monkey.

Here's the link to the plugin...........
http://www.winamp.com/plugin/showcover-v211/16898

Thanks.