Kodi Community Forum
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform (/showthread.php?tid=131237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - maruchan - 2012-09-13

Hmm, I tried the latest nightly (XBMCSetup-20120913-13e3ada-master.exe) and the stuttering while encoding to AC3 persists. On a 24fps video, I see the framerate fluctuating from 18-28 fps. DDDamian, feel free to PM me if you need any more info or want me to test some custom builds. I would be glad to assist with bug squashing in any way I can. Unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with XBMC's codebase to go in and do it myself :/

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - fems - 2012-09-14

Hi

I've been using the AE engine since june without any audio related issues, using WASAPI as audio and passthrough devices. The only thing that keeps bugging me is XBMC blocking all audio from other apps while it's open, rendering external players useless. As a workaround I made a script to force kill XBMC, call the external player and reopen XBMC when finished, but it's not a great solution. Can be implemented a way to release WASAPI exclusive control when an external player is called?

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - thrak76 - 2012-09-14

(2012-09-14, 16:25)fems Wrote: Hi

I've been using the AE engine since june without any audio related issues, using WASAPI as audio and passthrough devices. The only thing that keeps bugging me is XBMC blocking all audio from other apps while it's open, rendering external players useless. As a workaround I made a script to force kill XBMC, call the external player and reopen XBMC when finished, but it's not a great solution. Can be implemented a way to release WASAPI exclusive control when an external player is called?

Please read this and the the development threads a little further back. This issue has been addressed and fixed.

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - fems - 2012-09-14

(2012-09-14, 17:26)thrak76 Wrote:
(2012-09-14, 16:25)fems Wrote: Hi

Please read this and the the development threads a little further back. This issue has been addressed and fixed.

I see it now, in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=124600&pid=1187064#pid1187064

I feel like a newbie *crawls back to a hole in shame*

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - cosmocain - 2012-09-14

Hi

since updating to Frodo I have a strange problem with audio output:

Whenever I connect my laptop to my reciever, I need to disable the internal speakers to get audio output over HDMI - but only in xbmc. Every other program outputs over HDMI, only xbmc defaults to the internal speakers.

After i disable the internal speakers, xbmc outputs over HDMI and everything is great.

Default output for xbmc is set to HDMI, reciever capabilities are recognized okay - but still sound is output via the internal speakers.

Are there any settings wrong on my side? I scanned the contents of this thread but found nothing adressing this issue.

HDMI output is realized with NVIDIA 555M, drivers are uptodate.

Thanks for your help!

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - thrak76 - 2012-09-15

Hey DDDamian...

Just wanted to say that after updating to a current nightly (sept. 12 i think), that everything is working great!! I'm able to launch WMC for LiveTV (the baked-in PVR stuff isn't my cup of tea), and also for Netflix, and I've had no issues with audio playback. I used the <streamsilence> tag set to false.
Also, DTS-HD, TrueHD, multichannel .flac, 5.1 .aac, DTS 96/24, etc. all playing fine as well.

Thanks a lot for the excellent work!

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - stewart_pk - 2012-09-15

(2012-09-13, 12:44)stewart_pk Wrote: Thanks Fracino and DDDamian, this is fantastic, just tried it and it's working.
One relatively small thing is that my 96k content is being down-sampled to 48k.
Below is the relative log, I hope.
Once again thanks for your work!

I checked this again and sorry I was wrong, everything is working fine!
Thanks again.

Odp: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - ghostek - 2012-09-16

My setup,
Intel DH61AG -> Onkyo TX-SR607 -> Samsung LE37C650.
All connections via hdmi. XBMC Audio Setup: WASAPI 5.1. When Amp is on playback is fine and all works.
When amp is off playback is slow, no sound and xbmc freezes after while. I'm using lastest nightly build, all drivers and bios are latest.
Os is W7 (64 bit) SP1 with latest software updates.Thanks for help.

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - Death-Axe - 2012-09-16

Hows it going with the trans coding from aac to ac3, has the slow downs been fixed in the latest nightlys? (yes I could try, but I'll loose half my library and have to rescan a hd full of content as when I update xbmc it goes back to an old db from over 6 months ago, and if the issues are still present it's not really worth me updating yet)

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - migue828 - 2012-09-17

quick-question..i have read this thread and cannot find out of the possibility of dual digital out simultaneously on this new great endeavor.intend to use usb scards 'prosumer' with optical .fornow 44/16 resolution suffice my needs.no eq or replaygain need.i could use asio if beneficial .also would files at 192/96 or 96/24 would benefit ? all lossy wav and some flac .in the future multitrack out 'a movie and a song ' with independent volume control can easy turn me deeper into code development or another form asto support this exemplary system !for ever grateful to developers. for now i do dual playback two cpu work for me now sorry for my english and touch type

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - senz - 2012-09-18

When I try to play HD MA content I get no sound and the movie start to stutter.
If I play ha DTS movie it works fine.

Doesn't matter if I run the movie locally or on my NAS (Samba)

Running
Win 7 SP1 x64
Latest nightly
ATI HD 5450 catalyst 12.8
Onkyo TX-SR608 (connected with HDMI)

Tried with both WASAPI and Directsound.

Any ideas?

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - flumm - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-18, 21:53)senz Wrote: When I try to play HD MA content I get no sound and the movie start to stutter.

Running
Win 7 SP1 x64
Latest nightly

Any ideas?

Same here

Win 7 SP1 32 Bit
Latest Nightly
ATI HD 7750 Catalyst 12.8
Onkyo TX-SR313 (also with HDMI)

also Tried with both WASAPI and Directsound

I can provide a Debug Log later, if wanted

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - DDDamian - 2012-09-19

@thrak76 - thx! Smile

@deathaxe - still working on several bug-fixes including transcoding - patience Wink

@flumm & senz - debug logs get attention and better results - we add all that logging code for a reason

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - senz - 2012-09-19

(2012-09-18, 21:53)senz Wrote: When I try to play HD MA content I get no sound and the movie start to stutter.

Running
Win 7 SP1 x64
Latest nightly

Any ideas?

Debug for this issue : http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=8897

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - DDDamian - 2012-09-20

@senz - each attempt in that log shows DirectSound being used. DirectSound is not capable of DTS-MA period.

Please try WASAPI and be sure you have enabled exclusive mode (please google - typed instructions for that too many times lol).

Another point I noted from the logs is that you are using the RealTek audio driver - most people have better results with the ATI High Definition Audio driver. You would need to remove the RealTek one and install the ATI one - it can be downloaded with the *complete* Catalyst package or individually.