• 1(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
Hi all,

I've added this thread for supporting AudioEngine-specific issues on the Windows platform. For those that don't know, AE is the new core audio system for XBMC, and brings DTS-MA/TrueHD playback, plus 24bit audio and higher to XBMC.

The main developer behind it is gnif, who's been working on this huge addition to XBMC for almost two years. I am the Windows developer who wrote the Win output and some of the platform-agnostic DSPs and other items for AE.

Now that AE has been merged with master, we'll try to address bugs and other support issues here instead of the development threads. Note that this thread is for Windows only, and only for issues related to AE - all other posts will be removed, not to be unfriendly but to keep the thread focused so other users can benefit from it.

For all the testers who have helped us get that far, please continue to post your issues/logs here, and help out other users here - your experience and knowledge will go a long way to helping users and letting me focus on fixes and improvements!

Known Issues (being addessed)
- DTS-wav not supported
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
reserved
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
First of all, excellent work by everyone involved!
Only issue I'm having is when playing 1080i MPEG2. Audio and video stutters, but when enabling or disabling "Output stereo to all speakers" during playback, everything works beautifully. This has be done each time I play a video.
@consilium - Debug Log pls - that goes for anyone posting here with an issue
My bad. Here you go.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2454
@consilium - checked log - can you try two things? First disable "Sync Playback to Display"

Second, create an advancedsettings.xml file in your C:\Users\Stue\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder. Any text editor will do, just copy and paste the following into it, then save it as C:\Users\Stue\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\advancedsettings.xml

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <loglevel>1</loglevel>
    <audio>
        <audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>150</audiosinkbufferdurationmsec>
    </audio>
     <gui>
        <algorithmdirtyregions>1</algorithmdirtyregions>
        <nofliptimeout>20</nofliptimeout>
     </gui>
</advancedsettings>

Let me know if that solves your issue, if not, please post another log using the above settings.
Amazing. Works beautifully now!
(2012-05-11, 13:14)consilium Wrote: Amazing. Works beautifully now!

Glad to hear it - enjoy.
Has AE been merged with Frodo alpha as well?
Frodo 12.2 : Win8 x64 : ASUS P8H77-M : i3-3225 : Scythe Shuriken Revb : 8Gb Corsair Vengence 1600 : ASUS HD6570 : Samsung Blu-ray SH-B083L : Lian-Li PC-C37B Muse : Corsair TX650 PSU : HP MCE IR receiver : Harmony 600 : Yamaha RX-V471 : Cambridge Audio Minx 20 x 5 & Minx x300 Sub x 1
Yes
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-11, 15:50)DDDamian Wrote:

Glad to hear it - enjoy.

Looks like the problem is back. I haven't made any changes to my system or XBMC.
As before, if I toggle the "Output to all speakers"-option on and off, the video starts playing smoothly.

See attached debug log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2484
(2012-05-11, 21:13)consilium Wrote:
(2012-05-11, 15:50)DDDamian Wrote:

Glad to hear it - enjoy.

Looks like the problem is back. I haven't made any changes to my system or XBMC.
As before, if I toggle the "Output to all speakers"-option on and off, the video starts playing smoothly.

See attached debug log.
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=2484

Toggling that is forcing it to reinitialize the audio device, which is why it's working after, The root cause is Windows isn't calling back for more data before the buffer runs out, which is unusual. If you pull a nightly tomorrow we've added some additional debugging info that may help is here, so a log then will have more details, The best workarounds for now are increasing the "150" value in the code I gave you to about 250, and also making sure your audio drivers are fully up to date. See if that helps and if not post a log from the new nightly tomorrow pls.
Increasing the value to 250 ms. did the trick. I'll test with tomorrows nightly and deliberately remove the advancedsettings.xml file to reproduce the error so you can sort this thing out. Thanks again mate!
(2012-05-12, 18:03)consilium Wrote: Increasing the value to 250 ms. did the trick. I'll test with tomorrows nightly and deliberately remove the advancedsettings.xml file to reproduce the error so you can sort this thing out. Thanks again mate!

Np. That's quite a long buffer (I and most use 50ms) but there's no harm in that. Just makes me think your cpu or system is very slow - 50ms is the default and seems to work for most, but that's why we added the option to adjust it as well.
It's an older Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 GHz, supported by a GT520 to accelerate & deinterlace video. Can't imagine some WASAPI action stresses the CPU that much...what do you reckon?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4