Kodi Community Forum
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=111)
+---- Forum: Windows (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=59)
+---- Thread: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform (/showthread.php?tid=131237)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - cosmocain - 2012-10-04

(2012-09-14, 22:49)cosmocain Wrote: Hi

since updating to Frodo I have a strange problem with audio output:

Whenever I connect my laptop to my reciever, I need to disable the internal speakers to get audio output over HDMI - but only in xbmc. Every other program outputs over HDMI, only xbmc defaults to the internal speakers.

After i disable the internal speakers, xbmc outputs over HDMI and everything is great.

Default output for xbmc is set to HDMI, reciever capabilities are recognized okay - but still sound is output via the internal speakers.

Are there any settings wrong on my side? I scanned the contents of this thread but found nothing adressing this issue.

HDMI output is realized with NVIDIA 555M, drivers are uptodate.

Thanks for your help!

Sorry to bump this, but i guess it was overlooked - or do i need to provide additional information?

I'm currently on frodo alpha 5 and the problem still persists. Output is set to HDMI, WASAPI is enabled.

Thanks in advance.

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - alfredo - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-04, 11:49)cosmocain Wrote: Sorry to bump this, but i guess it was overlooked - or do i need to provide additional information?

I'm currently on frodo alpha 5 and the problem still persists. Output is set to HDMI, WASAPI is enabled.

Frodo alpha6 has been recently released (1st October). Give it a try... Huh

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - cosmocain - 2012-10-04

(2012-10-04, 14:28)alfredo Wrote: Frodo alpha6 has been recently released (1st October). Give it a try... Huh

Does not fix the problem.

Just to make sure i double checked if the HDMI output was set to standard as soon as it's plugged in - which it is.

Windows and every audio-output-prodcing program defaults to HDMI, as soon as my laptop's hooked up to the HDMI cable.

But thanks for the tip, there was no official statement in the blog, so I didn't check for updates.

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - Astergiou - 2012-10-05

Firstly I would like to thank all the XBMC team for their effort in providing the best home theater media system.

Now to my problem,
I have my HTPC (Core 2 DUO E2200, 4 GB RAM, ATI 6450, Win 7 x64, latest XBMC frodo nightly) connected to my Yamaha RX-V663 and then to my Samsung 46C650 TV in a line using HDMI.
When I activate my Yamaha to manipulate the sound, everything is working great I can hear DTS, DTS-HD and every codec I through at it.
Also the video playback is smooth without any drop frame.

When I let my Yamaha to pass through the sound to my TV I can hear only to 2channell codecs, no AC3 or DTS. Also the video playback of movies with multichannel track is extremely jaggy and unwatchable. Shouldn't XBMC down mix AC3 and DTS to 2channell for my tv?
I have a raspberry and it can downmix DTS stream without a hitch!!!!

I use WASAPI for both audio output settings in XBMC

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - garysday - 2012-10-06

Hey DDDamian,

I tried the recent Alpha, I still have the same issues; if I start up XBMC Frodo A6 and play a DD5.1 Video the sound is garbled; again switching to a DTS-HD video and back again
solves the issue.

I've updated to the latest driver for the HDMI audio driver and still no joy... Any ideas.. any additional logs I can capture to try and help you out ?

Cheers

Gary

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - MrLobster - 2012-10-06

I have an issue with Audio Device not saving on reboot.

I'm running a ATI HD5550 (which does bitstreaming) using the 2012.10.04 nightly (although its being doing this for the last month of nightlies, mainly since the introduction of the new AudioEngine) and I select HDMI + 5.1 in the settings, and then select AMD HDMI (DirectSound) as the audio device and passthrough.

On reboot the audio device is now a long string of numbers and letters, and I have to manually set it back to DirectSound.

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - gman3042 - 2012-10-06

very very noob question.. i'm just completely newbish when it comes to this stuff..

i have an hdtv connected to my htpc. no receiver or anything. what should i set my sound settings too? no sound card.. just an sandy bridge cpu with a Intel G630 mobo... using windows 7

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - Death-Axe - 2012-10-07

Hi, since you fixed the trans coding thing (thanks again) some audio formats are causing the speakers to make little popping sounds, mostly on music and on some shows. I'm thinking it could be something to do with mp3s?

What does anyone make of this?

Edit: speaking of transcoding; when AAC is transcoded to AC3, 5.1 audio becomes 2.0 audio is there a way to fix that?

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - Bkam - 2012-10-08

Every time i start XBMC i get not sound so when i look at my settings it has picked a HDMI source but after it its alot of numbers. So i have to manualy change HDMI source to get any sound

Using a Intel I3

Any ide what can be wrong?

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - MrLobster - 2012-10-09

(2012-10-08, 08:06)Bkam Wrote: Every time i start XBMC i get not sound so when i look at my settings it has picked a HDMI source but after it its alot of numbers. So i have to manualy change HDMI source to get any sound

Using a Intel I3

Same as my problem, i've no idea where to start with this problem.

I'm now going to try and figure out whats wrong.

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - h8redv2 - 2012-10-09

(2012-10-09, 02:47)MrLobster Wrote:
(2012-10-08, 08:06)Bkam Wrote: Every time i start XBMC i get not sound so when i look at my settings it has picked a HDMI source but after it its alot of numbers. So i have to manualy change HDMI source to get any sound

Using a Intel I3

Same as my problem, i've no idea where to start with this problem.

I'm now going to try and figure out whats wrong.

I had this problem too, what I did was to close xbmc before entering standby. Then I put in a start delay of 10 sec. before launching xbmc after a resume.
That fixed it for me.
Seems that xbmc tries to hog my hdmi output before it´s ready, or something like that..

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - Bkam - 2012-10-09

h8redv2

i always turn of my computer , but how did you put a start delay, its worth a try Smile ?

RE: [AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform - alfredo - 2012-10-09

(2012-10-09, 12:06)Bkam Wrote: i always turn of my computer , but how did you put a start delay, its worth a try Smile ?
Create a new Shortcut to the XBMC executable but adding the parameter -d "secs" (replace secs with the delay in seconds).

I run XBMC on vista, and I have to press a button on the remote to start XBMC (just in case we want the HTPC for other reasons), doing this means the HTPC has been on for a few minutes, so I cant see that effecting it.

But stranger things have happened....

After looking at the Logs (the 5 second delay doesn't help unfortunately). I saw this error

15:15:57 T:1716 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: Endpoint Buffer timed out
15:15:57 T:1716 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets AudioClient reset failed due to AUDCLNT_E_NOT_STOPPED
15:15:57 T:3912 ERROR: Previous line repeats 7452 times.

and the second line is repeated many times and many repeats.

15:15:57 T:1716 ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets AudioClient reset failed due to AUDCLNT_E_NOT_STOPPED
15:15:57 T:3912 ERROR: Previous line repeats 35099 times.

The error comes about because the skin is trying to play an audio file for the menu (up/down etc), and as soon as I manually chance the Audio Device the error clears up.

One suggestion is to disable WASAPI, by going to Windows audio control panel and unchecking "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

Thats where I am atm... so i'll check back after the reboot and a cup of tea!