Kodi Community Forum
Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Information Providers (scrapers) (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=147)
+----- Forum: Music Scrapers (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=303)
+----- Thread: Release Universal Scraper for Music Artists (/showthread.php?tid=132623)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - cw-kid - 2013-07-16

The artists that now have missing fanart on the new system, don't appear to be on TheAudioDB.com site. However on my old system these artists got a fanart image from somewhere.

I did previously add a lot of artists on to TheAudioDB.com site so all my artists had artwork. Now they don't, looks like I will have to add some more artists on to TheAudioDB.com site. I am presuming this is related to HTBackDrops going down.

The missing bio's that were there before, may be related to the possible issue with allmusic that was mentioned?

Just trying to work out how these artists got fanart automatically last time I scraped but not this time.

Cheers.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Martijn - 2013-07-16

That might indeed be the case.

Re: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2013-07-16

might be the case for artist art, but bios was never scraped from allmusic by the Universal Scraper.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - sergiocos - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 19:15)olympia Wrote: ...but bios was never scraped from allmusic by the Universal Scraper.
...was when I manually add allmusic.com to scrapers, and i add allmusic link to musicbrainz artist page. I will probably edit bios from audiodb from now on. Cheers!

(2013-07-16, 19:15)olympia Wrote: might be the case for artist art, but bios was never scraped from allmusic by the Universal Scraper.

The option in the Universal Artist scraper is: Get Artist Bio from - TheAudioDB.com or NONE.

I think the bio's are actually working after all, it seems I was looking at a few artists that hadn't loaded properly, for example the artist "Adele" which had no bio showing on the new system, but when I selected to Reload this artist the first artist presented in the list was Adèle with the thing over the letter e. I pressed down a few times and selected Adele from the list and now that artist has a bio from TheAudioDB.com OK.

I think the newly missing fanart images on the new system, must be due to HTBackDrops now being down, so I will have to contribute those artists now to the TheAudioDB.com website.

One thing I have just noticed is the Moods / Styles / Genre are not showing for some artists. I know not all artists will have this information, however this guy "Andrea Bocelli" for example:

Old system scraped previously:

New system scraped today:

Another example artist with this issue of missing Moods / Styles / Genre would be 'The Beach Boys" that information was displayed OK on the old system when previously scraped but not showing after scrape today. Just tried to reload this artist but this information is still not displayed on the new system.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

[Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 21:40)sergiocos Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 19:15)olympia Wrote: ...but bios was never scraped from allmusic by the Universal Scraper.
...was when I manually add allmusic.com to scrapers, and i add allmusic link to musicbrainz artist page. I will probably edit bios from audiodb from now on. Cheers!

Hehe, I know. Who do you think developed this back door? :)

But this was not default...

[Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2013-07-16

(2013-07-16, 21:53)cw-kid Wrote:
(2013-07-16, 19:15)olympia Wrote: might be the case for artist art, but bios was never scraped from allmusic by the Universal Scraper.

The option in the Universal Artist scraper is: Get Artist Bio from - TheAudioDB.com or NONE.

I think the bio's are actually working after all, it seems I was looking at a few artists that hadn't loaded properly, for example the artist "Adele" which had no bio showing on the new system, but when I selected to Reload this artist the first artist presented in the list was Adèle with the thing over the letter e. I pressed down a few times and selected Adele from the list and now that artist has a bio from TheAudioDB.com OK.

I think the newly missing fanart images on the new system, must be due to HTBackDrops now being down, so I will have to contribute those artists now to the TheAudioDB.com website.

One thing I have just noticed is the Moods / Styles / Genre are not showing for some artists. I know not all artists will have this information, however this guy "Andrea Bocelli" for example:

Old system scraped previously:

New system scraped today:

Another example artist with this issue of missing Moods / Styles / Genre would be 'The Beach Boys" that information was displayed OK on the old system when previously scraped but not showing after scrape today. Just tried to reload this artist but this information is still not displayed on the new system.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Hmmmm... Those fields were from all music, no?

Looking on the old system in the scraper settings it is set to AllMusic.com for Styles / Moods, so yes that appears to be the case.

Genre is set to TheAudioDB.com

All settings are the same on the new system I double checked everything.

Thanks

I have the same problem of missing Styles / Moods with these artists as well "The Beatles" "Bee Gees" "The Beta Band"

Styles / Moods are displayed on old system for these three artists OK. But on new system scraped today they are not.

Although the funny thing is there are artists on the new system that are showing Styles / Moods OK, but some are not.

[Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2013-07-17

Yeah, but if scraping from allmusic is broken, then you can't expect those fields to be scraper either.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - poopyurinal - 2013-07-19

I am having a problem that I've seen mentioned in various places without a good solution. I just completely reinstalled XBMC and re-scraped my music collection using the Universal Artist Scraper with default settings (installed on Windows 7). However, I am seeing cases where the bio for a band is incorrect. For instance, the bio, thumb and discography for "Barenaked Ladies" is retrieving info on "Guster". Refreshing artist info does nothing. If I look up "Barenaked Ladies" on theaudiodb, musicbrainz, allmusic, etc, I get the correct information on the band, with no mention of Guster. Any ideas what I could be doing wrongHuh Or is there a bug somewhere?? I'd be glad to help in whatever way I can.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2013-07-19

Probably some bugs in your tagging... Barenaked Ladies returns perfect results for me.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - olympia - 2013-07-20

Allmusic is fixed by now (scraper should auto-update) and htbackdrops removed.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - cw-kid - 2013-07-22

(2013-07-20, 07:38)olympia Wrote: Allmusic is fixed by now (scraper should auto-update) and htbackdrops removed.

Great thank you, can confirmed it fixed my issues with missing moods / styles.

Cheers Big Grin

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - cw-kid - 2013-07-22

Sorry I have another dumb question, is the option to "Query Info For All Artists" not the same as a Reload of an artist? I selected Query all artists, it runs and finishes, but lots of artists still have missing moods / styles. However if I individually reload these artists one by one, then moods / styles are then loaded fine.

I also have similar issues with the Universal Album Scraper and "Query Info For All Albums". Where if I individual reload an album instead most times new data is brought down, but wasn't with the query all.

Many thanks.

RE: [Release] Universal Scraper for Music Artists - Martijn - 2013-07-22

Reload will force it to search again. Query just find info for artists it hasn't done before. So it doesn't search again if it didn't find anything last time.