Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-05-27

Check if there is any switch to start LM Remote Keymap minimized.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DFergATL - 2013-05-27

There isn't one in the software that I can find. I was trying to see if there was a command line switch for that but I can't find one. Don't beat you head up too much over it. I have been thinking doing away with the Tivo Slide as I don't use the keyboard on it as much as I used to. I might just get a WMC remote. But, if this can be figured out easily that would be nice.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DFergATL - 2013-05-27

Is there anyway to have LM Remote.. start right before XBMC?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - HD Life - 2013-05-27

If you are using windows OS I guess you could go into the "Task Scheduler" and "Create a Task" to start at startup, before the logon.
Under "Triggers" choose "At Startup"
Under "Actions" choose the program you want to start.
That's it, this way you will have your application to start almost as an services, quite early in the process and probably long enough before XBMC, I guess, try it out.

It's a quite handy tool, if the LM Remote doesn't start quick enough, you could turn it around and let the LM Remote to start first and then let the LM Remote to trigger the start of XBMCLauncher instead.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DFergATL - 2013-05-28

@ HD Life

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it out but for some reason I can't make it work that way. I can see that the task is running, but the remote doesn't work.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - HD Life - 2013-05-28

Strange, sorry for misleading you.
In that case I don't know what to do, good luck.
If you find a way it would be nice if you declared your solution.

I just remember 1 thing, though I don't know your problem.
In the "Task Scheduler", under "General" you have the option to choose between "Run only then the user is logged on" or "Run whether user is logged on or not".
If you haven't ticket "Run whether user is logged on or not", maybe the LM Remote starts to late, just a guess.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DFergATL - 2013-05-31

Hey everyone. I was finally able to get my issue resolved by using Task Scheduler. I don't know why it didn't work right for me the first time I tried it, but I did it again and I'm all good now.

Thanks

David

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - HD Life - 2013-05-31

Glad to hear, were you forced to activate "Run whether user is logged on or not" or did you got it to work anyway?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DFergATL - 2013-05-31

No it's just set to run when I am logged in.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Donkeyfumbler - 2013-06-05

Can anyone suggest why the focus thing doesn't work for me at all. It's set to the defaults (not disabled, 10 second focus) but it never focuses XBMC at all. Other programs can be running, or XBMC can be minimised to the taskbar with the desktop showing but it is never brought back no matter how long I leave it.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2013-06-06

Please check if focus is disabled permanently or set to focus only once.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - bkimbel - 2013-06-06

(2013-06-05, 23:59)Donkeyfumbler Wrote: Can anyone suggest why the focus thing doesn't work for me at all. It's set to the defaults (not disabled, 10 second focus) but it never focuses XBMC at all. Other programs can be running, or XBMC can be minimised to the taskbar with the desktop showing but it is never brought back no matter how long I leave it.

I had a problem with 4.0 not applying the focus, too. Not sure why, since the changes were supposed to be just cosmetic. Try the previous version (3.51, I think) and see if that works for you.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - frozenice - 2013-06-06

I had the same problem, version 4.0 does not focus my XBMC window (windows 8 x64 with startisback). Currectly i went back to the old 3.5 Version, here is all fine...

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - User 112131 - 2013-06-06

Sad same problem here with 4.0 under frodo 12.2 win7 x64.

returned to 3.5 the focus is working now again.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - onyx00 - 2013-06-07

Same issue with XBMCLauncher not applying focus for Win7 x64 here.

Wonder what is going on...

Update: Okay, doing some debugging, it seems that the variable "ExternalPlayerRunning" is getting set to "1" somehow...magically (I can't find an obvious reason why since I don't have this set up at all). This causes FocusCount to get set to 0 before ever reaching the necessary value to trigger a focus check.

I did verify that when I comment out the code in MonitorEvents for the "DisableFocusOnExternalPlayer" function, that the Focus Check occurs as expected without any issues.

I don't know enough about AutoHotKey scripts to quickly fix this, but I will keep digging a bit tonight to see if I can figure out what is going on.

Update 2: And it's fixed...I believe the failure to check for an empty string as part of the external player code was causing this; but I'm am totally not clear on why this matters all of a sudden since 3.5 had the same code for the External Player. I basically made a change to the External Player Focus Disable code to check for an empty string on the External Player path first before proceeding further.

In short, blah blah blah, it works. Script with my changes attached - works perfectly on my Win7 x64 machine. I also attached a compiled .exe but I don't know if it will work since I compiled on an x64 machine...so be warned you may want to take the script an compile it yourself if you are on anything but Win7 x64.

Script (right click and 'Save As'): XBMCLauncher.ahk

EXE: XBMCLauncher.exe