Both Windows 7 and Windows 8 users can use this version.
INSTALLATION - Close XBMCLauncher.exe if it is running. Start the setup file. It will remove the older version automatically and install the new one. You can also import settings from older version.
Features added in XBMCLauncher V4.0
- Improved setup installer. Avast no longer reports suspicious file.
- Added GUI for easy settings configuration. GUI is not loaded at start, so the start time is not affected.
- Option to start the GUI using Win+S shortcut.
- Option to create desktop and Taskbar icons for GUI.
- Added a menu to close XBMC forcefully. Useful if XBMC is not responding.
- Option to install original MCE registry code.
- Option to set any exe file as shell. XBMCLauncher will not load in this mode.
- Desktop context power menu is now available for Win7 also.
- Option to create power button icons on desktop [Win8].
Features added in XBMC Launcher V3.5
- Replaced the menu with cascading sub menus.
- Option to start Explorer using Win+E shortcut in shell mode.
- Option to disable the focus permanently. Setting focus delay to '0' seconds also works.
- Focus command is sent only if xbmc is not active.
Features added in XBMC Launcher V3.1
- Option to start XBMC in portable mode.
- Option to start upto six applications and to disable xbmc focus if needed. Courtesy 'Snood' for the programming.
- Option to start the Windows 8 Metro Start when xbmc is closed.
- Option to close and restart XBMC from the custom confluence shutdown menu.
Features added in XBMC Launcher V3.0
- Option to enable/disable XBMC startup. Useful for non htpc users.
- Option to start upto three applications and to disable focus if needed.
- Option to view the settings file.
- Option to Turn off the display using hot key Win+F11.
- Option to add Power Options to desktop context menu of Windows 8.
- Option to add Power Button shortcuts to Windows 8 Metro Start.
What XBMCLauncher can do?
- Start XBMC automatically when Windows starts.
- Or set XBMC to boot directly without loading the Windows explorer and desktop by changing the shell.
iMONonXBMC users should not change the shell as explorer is needed for iMONonXBMC to work correctly.
- Keep XBMC on focus so that no other application can steal the focus of your remote control presses.
- Creates a System Tray icon for XBMCLauncher from which you can configure its functions.
- Set the time for focus check.
- Temporarily disable the focus by using Win+F9 shortcut.
- Change the Shutdown menu of XBMC to set Shutdown, Sleep or Hibernate the system.
- When resumed from Sleep and Hibernation, XBMC is started again.
- Start Windows desktop when you press Exit button of XBMC if you changed the shell to xbmc.
- Handle MCE Remote control Green Start Button to start XBMC
- Start XBMConIMON and IMON manager automatically for those with IMON products.
- Option to manually specify the path of XBMC, XBMConIMON and IMON manager
- Paths are automatically selected without any user interaction.
- Customized installation. Select only the components you need.
- All replaced files are backed up so that your system is returned to the previous state when you uninstall the XBMC Launcher.
Features added in XBMC Launcher V2.0
- New menu button to start xbmc.
- Option to completely disable the focus by inserting time as '0' seconds.
- Option to send the focus message only one time as requested by many users.
- Option to enable or disable force close of xbmc when system is send to sleep or hibernation.
- Start Windows explorer on closing xbmc (in shell mode) now supports any skin without installing my custom shutdown xml file.
- Option to disable the focussing when external player is used.
- Menu for opening XBMC program folder and application data folder.
- Minor bug fixes.
Features added in XBMC Launcher V2.1
- Show XBMCLauncher menu using 'Win+F10' even when in shell mode. No need of Explorer to change settings.
- Capture 'Alt+F4' to show shutdown menu (keypress 'S') instead of closing without warning.
- Bug Fix - In V2.0, Explorer was loaded when xbmc is force closed during suspend. Now explorer is started only when you close it using Exit button.
Feature added in XBMC Launcher V2.2
- Option to set time delay for XBMC to start. Those who are using version 2.1 can install v2.2 without uninstalling v2.1.
The application is entirely coded using autohotkey scripts. Source code can be downloaded from the same folder. You will need latest version of Autohotkey_L for compiling .ahk files, Inno Setup Creator to create setup file and Notepad++ for editing . XML files. For editing .ahk scripts, Notepad++ can be used. But I prefer SciTE4AutoHotkey Script Editor.
GUI programming is done in VB.NET 2010.
Special Thanks to elitegamer360 whose GSB script, keymap file and MCERemote registry codes are used in this installation with slight modification to suite my needs.