Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - tripkip - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 10:03)Fry7 Wrote:
(2015-01-06, 14:46)baijuxavior Wrote: I might add this in next version.

Why? Kodi already has its own built-in function to Wake-On-LAN any given server, so it just won't show the gui until the configured server is reachable, whether that server really is a server or just a dummy (f.e. your router) simply to make sure the network is connected before showing anything...

Wauw Thanks Fry7! I did not know about that possibility! http://kodi.wiki/view/Wake_on_lan

What would be the recommended advanced settings to use in my case, where the mysql server is always available, but I just want Kodi to wait for the network to be available with minimum wait time (like zero wait time after the network comes up)?

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - DanCooper - 2015-01-07

No KodiLauncher files on GitHub? :-(

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-07

(2015-01-07, 10:03)Fry7 Wrote:
(2015-01-06, 14:46)baijuxavior Wrote: I might add this in next version.

Why? Kodi already has its own built-in function to Wake-On-LAN any given server, so it just won't show the gui until the configured server is reachable, whether that server really is a server or just a dummy (f.e. your router) simply to make sure the network is connected before showing anything...

I was unaware about that feature.

(2015-01-07, 10:32)DanCooper Wrote: No KodiLauncher files on GitHub? :-(

Uploaded now. Please check https://github.com/baijuxavior/KodiLauncher

XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jaochoo - 2015-01-07

Would it be possible to add function to change the splash screen of Windows and Kodi? I know there are tools to change the Windows startup screen and probably there are ways to change the Kodi startup screen as well but it would be nice to have an all-in-one tool.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - rob77 - 2015-01-07

Hi I have problem with shutting down from within kodi. I am using kodi in shell mode but when I press the power button on my remote and from the list choose shutdown, kodi will hang sometimes. Using shutdown from the main menu works okay though. Any idea what could be the problem?

Many thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-08

(2015-01-07, 21:55)jaochoo Wrote: Would it be possible to add function to change the splash screen of Windows and Kodi? I know there are tools to change the Windows startup screen and probably there are ways to change the Kodi startup screen as well but it would be nice to have an all-in-one tool.

Sorry, that is not easy to implement. Changing windows splash screen needs 3rd party tools.

(2015-01-07, 22:20)rob77 Wrote: Hi I have problem with shutting down from within kodi. I am using kodi in shell mode but when I press the power button on my remote and from the list choose shutdown, kodi will hang sometimes. Using shutdown from the main menu works okay though. Any idea what could be the problem?

Many thanks

This is a problem with Kodi. I have seen Kodi getting hang at shutdown or quit. It is usually caused by addons that take time to unload. A debug log (wiki) will show you the cause for long shutdown time.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - rob77 - 2015-01-08

Thank you so much baijuxavior I will have a look at the debug log tonight. It is mainly in one application that it is doing it (on-tapp) so it could be a problem just with that.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - daerlnaxe - 2015-01-10

(2015-01-01, 04:01)baijuxavior Wrote:
(2014-12-31, 13:27)BuSHari Wrote:
(2014-12-04, 15:53)baijuxavior Wrote: It will work, but then both kodi and launcher icons will be same which can be confusing.

Hello,

I`ve changed the colors of the icon, i`ve created 3 icons for you. (let me know of you want it in other colors)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6e4pscx71yxcfpt/icons.zip?dl=0

Nice icons. Will change the icon in next release.

(2014-12-31, 15:55)daerlnaxe Wrote: Hi everybody,

I'm here for signal that meanwhile the setup comodo signal a trojan on a .tmp file. (cloudscanner.trojan.gen@2@1)
I can't submit it, because i can't find it in the quarantine section. Perhaps is this a false positive, but i prefer to ask here before ignoring the alert.

Thanks.

Happy new year to all.

It is a false detection. If you are worried about infection, try the source code and compile it yourself.

Thanks

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - idznak - 2015-01-12

- post can be deleted - wrong thread

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - d3smo - 2015-01-15

Even using XBMCLauncher i still have sometimes some lose of focus from XBMC. This often happened when i exit from standby. XBMC reduce himself in the task bar (often but not always), and sometimes rarely but it happened maybe 10% of times XBMCLauncher do not made his work and XBMC keep reduce. If i clic on it in the task bar it come back full screen and keep the focus if i try to reduce it again. So it's very strange because none of the softs (XBMC or XBMCLauncher) crashes but XBMCLauncher do not want to refocus sometimes only.
Do you have experiment this kind of issues ?

PS: i'm still on Frodo and do not want to go Kodi yet !
Edit : before you asked i'm on W7 x64

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-16

(2015-01-15, 17:26)d3smo Wrote: Even using XBMCLauncher i still have sometimes some lose of focus from XBMC. This often happened when i exit from standby. XBMC reduce himself in the task bar (often but not always), and sometimes rarely but it happened maybe 10% of times XBMCLauncher do not made his work and XBMC keep reduce. If i clic on it in the task bar it come back full screen and keep the focus if i try to reduce it again. So it's very strange because none of the softs (XBMC or XBMCLauncher) crashes but XBMCLauncher do not want to refocus sometimes only.
Do you have experiment this kind of issues ?

PS: i'm still on Frodo and do not want to go Kodi yet !
Edit : before you asked i'm on W7 x64

Never experienced this in my system. Looks like your xbmc is getting minimized to taskbar and I think the launcher cannot focus xbmc.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - m.savazzi - 2015-01-17

Team,
I have an issue and do not know why.
XBMC Launcher It has been working for long and is great, I need it.

Now when I launch it I get this error:
Error 0x80041002
Line #014: objWMIService:=ComObjGet(

Continue running the script?

if I answer yes I get other errors.

The user XBMC runs on has never been an administrator but a normal user. I get the same error if I execute XBMC Launcher as Adminsitrator.

I' using W8.1 64bit

what's wrong?

M

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - booyaa21 - 2015-01-18

Is there any way to make the Win-Alt-Enter key configurable in Kodilaunmher? I do use WMC for watching live TV (all my cable channels are encrypted so using Kodi/PVR is not an option) and Kodi for everything else. I also have a universal remote + FLIRC sending keyboard commands to control both programs. The problem is KodiLauncher has now hijacked the Win-Alt-Enter key, so Kodi steals focus every time I am watching TV and hit the Menu button.

Ideally I would like one key combination to stop playback on current program, and start or bring up WMC to the foreground, and another key combination do the same for Kodi, allowing me to seamlessly switch programs using the remote as though they were separate devices.

I have a rudimentary autohotkey script that sort of does this, but it is quite flaky, and stops working after 1-2 switches. I'm hoping Kodilauncher would be able to easily do this.

My setup is Windows 8.1, Kodi, Windows Media Center, Flirc

(2015-01-04, 02:20)Capoeira Wrote: Hello all,

I'm new here, so first: Great program, excellent work!
My problem is that I installed and configuratet the program, anything works well besides the start of kodi with the MCE-key of my remote. If I press this key, MCE still appears. What am I doing wrong?

Greetings
Capo

(2015-01-04, 05:05)rasmu Wrote: If WMC was launching, it means your button triggers well Win+Alt+Enter.
To be sure you can use AdvancedMCERemoteMapper.

WMC and KodiLauncher react both to Win+Alt+Enter, maybe you need to reinstall KodiLauncher

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - baijuxavior - 2015-01-18

(2015-01-17, 23:21)m.savazzi Wrote: Team,
I have an issue and do not know why.
XBMC Launcher It has been working for long and is great, I need it.

Now when I launch it I get this error:
Error 0x80041002
Line #014: objWMIService:=ComObjGet(

Continue running the script?

if I answer yes I get other errors.

The user XBMC runs on has never been an administrator but a normal user. I get the same error if I execute XBMC Launcher as Adminsitrator.

I' using W8.1 64bit

what's wrong?

M

That part of the code is used to get the OS version. You can download the script file from github and replace the following lines:

Code:
objWMIService := ComObjGet("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" A_ComputerName "\root\cimv2")
For objOperatingSystem in objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")
Global OSVersion :=     objOperatingSystem.Version

Remove the first two lines and specify Global OSVersion as 6.2 for Windows 8. Value 6.2 will work for Win 8.1 also. Compile to get the exe file and replace the original exe.

Code:
Global OSVersion = 6.2

(2015-01-18, 03:43)booyaa21 Wrote: Is there any way to make the Win-Alt-Enter key configurable in Kodilaunmher? I do use WMC for watching live TV (all my cable channels are encrypted so using Kodi/PVR is not an option) and Kodi for everything else. I also have a universal remote + FLIRC sending keyboard commands to control both programs. The problem is KodiLauncher has now hijacked the Win-Alt-Enter key, so Kodi steals focus every time I am watching TV and hit the Menu button.

Ideally I would like one key combination to stop playback on current program, and start or bring up WMC to the foreground, and another key combination do the same for Kodi, allowing me to seamlessly switch programs using the remote as though they were separate devices.

I have a rudimentary autohotkey script that sort of does this, but it is quite flaky, and stops working after 1-2 switches. I'm hoping Kodilauncher would be able to easily do this.

My setup is Windows 8.1, Kodi, Windows Media Center, Flirc

You can change the shortcut to something else in the script file. Mention your desired shortcut and I will suggest the changes to be made in the script.

RE: XBMCLauncher - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - booyaa21 - 2015-01-18

(2015-01-18, 07:06)baijuxavior Wrote: You can change the shortcut to something else in the script file. Mention your desired shortcut and I will suggest the changes to be made in the script.

Thanks. My current shortcut is ^!+#x