Kodi Community Forum
Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Win XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more (/showthread.php?tid=136798)

RE: Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gibxxi - 2015-10-02

(2015-10-01, 11:48)MasterPhW Wrote: If the app can't be launched minimized, there's no (proper) way to disable the splash screens etc.
Also, you know, that AVG is selling your personal data for using their software? And why does a HTPC needs a special security solution? The windows internal should be more than enough for the movie and series watching user.

When Windows Defender debuted in Windows XP it had a 90% detection rating if memory serves. Nowadays, MS Security Essentails/Windows Defender barely achieves a 50% rating for malware detection. Like pretty much every other piece of add-on software MS has ever produced, it's been left to stagnate. An after-market solution is essential, not just for file scanning (which is pretty much all Windows Defender does) but also intrusion prevention and privacy concerns. With regards which one you use, well that's personal preference. I went back to Norton AV, after many years relying on Windows Defender, as my preferred option (Bitdefender) causes BSOD's with my Gigabyte motherboard. In it's defense, Norton isn't nearly as bad as it was a few years back. There are probably better solutions out there, but at this stage, I wouldn't recommend Windows Defender as your only defense.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - MasterPhW - 2015-10-03

That shouldn't be the topic here, can we please get back to Launcher4Kodi?
My AV talk was just a part of an answer to a question asked, we don't need that stuff here.
Please open a new thread, if you want to talk about the need of a specialized AV solution on a HTPC, which only watches movies & series and plays some games.

Back2topic:
Since the talk about a new Launcher4Kodi version is already a few months old ("aka will be included in next version"), is there a list of upcoming features/fixes?
For me, the close kodi on resume function isn't working anymore on Win10, also I would love to see a close kodi when launching a game in advancedlauncher/rcb function. Or a force close function, if it doesn't answers for some time.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - 2lazy2chill - 2015-10-07

I tried to use the tabled-Mode with Windows 10 together with "Start Kodi when Windows...". Kodi starts up in Desktop-Mode in Foreground... But in Tablet-Mode it is in Background... (hope somebody unterstand what I mean...). Somebody has a solution for this?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - daerlnaxe - 2015-10-12

hi, i have an old problem, launcher 4 kodi won't start automaticaly. I'm on windows 8.1. I had before xbmc launcher and since i 'm on the 8.1 version i have this problem, i thought to pass with launcher 4 kodi and kodi will solve it, but nope... Should i install manualy in the autostart program in windows ?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jjsr1980 - 2015-10-12

Got a curious case with my mce here. I use advanced mce mapper for remapping.i decided to change as following: i took the media button commands for play, stop and volume keys. After starting my htpc with launcher4kodi as alternative shell sending commands to kodi/win it doesn't react to the volume up, down and mute commands. But when i return to win/explorer shell, they work as expected. What's up?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gamation - 2015-10-29

(2015-10-07, 15:19)2lazy2chill Wrote: I tried to use the tabled-Mode with Windows 10 together with "Start Kodi when Windows...". Kodi starts up in Desktop-Mode in Foreground... But in Tablet-Mode it is in Background... (hope somebody unterstand what I mean...). Somebody has a solution for this?

Hi! This also happens to me! I haven't tried this app yet and that issue is exactly waht led me to this page. This app doesn't fix this problem? Even with the focus thing?

Thanks!
PG

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Warner306 - 2015-11-05

Is there an ETA when the next version of this program will be released?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - zaidrockso - 2015-11-07

Loving it! Have a few problems though, hope you can tell me what's going on, regarding the apps that i want to start along with kodi i chose 2 apps, one is d3doverrider one is fraps, d3doverider works fine, fraps doesn't open how do i fix this? I also tried executing it from within kodi through advanced launcher with no luck.
Going on task manager shows me that it's running, but the fps counter just doesn't work.

P.s - Fraps works fine without launcher4kodi . And also executable.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Spreyton22 - 2015-11-11

Hello, I've used Launcher4Kodi in the past, but have just come back to it.

This is my platform:
NUC I3
60GB mSATA
4G RAM

I had been using OPENElec for about a year, as Windows 8 / 8.1 was a pain to set up.
I decided a week or so back to upgrade my Win 8.1 licence to Win 10. (I thought I may as well ...)

Win10 seemed pretty cool for the HTPC, adding the benefit of Skype, torrents and Handbrake. In otherwords, more flexability.
There were one or two gripes, the main one being when the LG TV was turned off and then back on, the screen came back with about 70% Kodi and 30% Windows desktop. I could not do anything else except hit the power button.

Well, I remembered Launcher4Kodi (which I was using) had the setting to use it's shell - problem solved! (well at this stage ...)

I'll keep you posted, but at this stage .... THANK YOU !!!!
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - tomdh76 - 2015-11-21

Thank you for this program! Works nicely except that since windows 10 the close on sleep function is not working anymore. Hopefully the new version will fix this.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - PierreRobert - 2015-11-22

Gitman had fixed the shutdown menu back to the simple 4 choice found in XBMC Launcher.

I've been able to modify the DialogButtonMenu.xml however I have no idea how to fix the paths to the py scripts.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - gibxxi - 2015-11-22

(2015-11-11, 00:30)Spreyton22 Wrote: Hello, I've used Launcher4Kodi in the past, but have just come back to it.

This is my platform:
NUC I3
60GB mSATA
4G RAM

I had been using OPENElec for about a year, as Windows 8 / 8.1 was a pain to set up.
I decided a week or so back to upgrade my Win 8.1 licence to Win 10. (I thought I may as well ...)

Win10 seemed pretty cool for the HTPC, adding the benefit of Skype, torrents and Handbrake. In otherwords, more flexability.
There were one or two gripes, the main one being when the LG TV was turned off and then back on, the screen came back with about 70% Kodi and 30% Windows desktop. I could not do anything else except hit the power button.

Well, I remembered Launcher4Kodi (which I was using) had the setting to use it's shell - problem solved! (well at this stage ...)

I'll keep you posted, but at this stage .... THANK YOU !!!!
Big GrinBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Try using fake full-screen rather than true full-screen. that may solve your issue. Getting a pulse-eight CEC adapter and/or connecting your HTPC via a HDMI amplifier may also have some bearing. My big-box HTPC is connected to the TV via a CEC adapter, via the amplifier and I don't get this issue. Launcher4Kodi is useful for auto-launching Kodi though. Couldn't be without it now.

Smile

Gib.

RE: - alsergo - 2015-11-25

Good day.
I'm trying to set up Launcher v.1.1 for Kodi 15.2 but it starts only after button OK is pressed twice on note windows about inactive hotkeys #E and #S (Image and Image)
Can you help me to fix it, please.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - Warner306 - 2015-11-25

Can anyone here tell me how to remove the catching of "Alt + F4" from the source code as suggested by the add-on creator?

I've been told the next version of this software will remove this and allow Alt + F4 to close Kodi directly, rather than open the Shutdown Menu, but that was months ago.

RE: XBMCLauncher / Launcher4Kodi - All in One Tool for Change Shell, Set Focus and more - jonmuss - 2015-12-02

I have just installed Launcher4Kodi on my Minix Neo Z64w and all,seems to be well except now my A2 lite remote will not control the volume using the volume up and volume down keys and the mute button does not work. I know I can control the volume with the + and - keys but I cannot find an alternative for the mute button, is this normal,with this program as the keys work fine when I load Kodi from explorer. Is there a workaround to get the buttons to work?